Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Debating with the enemy

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Let's start this thing out with this gem.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/us...agewanted=1&hp

Quote:
The plan, which is awaiting approval, calls for running commercials linking Mr. Obama to incendiary comments by his former spiritual adviser, the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., whose race-related sermons made him a highly charged figure in the 2008 campaign.

Now, I'm certainly no fan of Obama, but is this the best they can muster up? If it didn't work the last time, chances are it's not going to work again after he's been in office for 4 years.

They need to stick with the economy and job issues if they have a snowballs chance in hell here.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Advertisements
Old 05-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

...and just that fast, I suppose somebody told them how big of idiot they would look like if such ads ran.

Billionaire won't air Obama-Wright campaign ads - Yahoo! News

At least Romney was smart enough to avoid these idiots like the plague.

Quote:
Romney had urged the independent group, which favors his candidacy, to abandon the Wright strategy and to focus instead on his bedrock issue, the economy.

"I repudiate the effort by that PAC to promote an ad strategy of the nature they've described," Romney told the conservative website Townhall.com. "I would like to see this campaign focus on the economy, on getting people back to work, on seeing rising incomes and growing prosperity — particularly for those in the middle class of America."
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 05-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Old 05-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
GMScud
Swearinger

Forget Bain — Obama’s public-equity record is the real scandal - The Washington Post

Good little read.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
GMScud
Swearinger

Choom Gang! Lol.

A User's Guide To Smoking Pot With Barack Obama
Old 05-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #6
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Warning signs for Obama on path to electoral votes - Yahoo! News
Old 05-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
firstdown
Living Legend

Maybe if they combined the two articles things would make more sense. He smoked pot, drank , and snorted alot of coke. Now he makes poor investment decisions.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #8
saden1
MVP

Great read...the game is the game.

...unlike Romney though, Obama isn't purposefully trying to create zombie companies so he can liquidate them and add their cash reserves to his personal coffers.

Private equity can be a nasty business if you don't get a good term-sheet and Bain Capital can hardly be blamed for it's ruthlessness...it's just business.

-Jenkins
Old 05-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #9
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Let's start this thing out with this gem.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/us...agewanted=1&hp

Now, I'm certainly no fan of Obama, but is this the best they can muster up? If it didn't work the last time, chances are it's not going to work again after he's been in office for 4 years.

They need to stick with the economy and job issues if they have a snowballs chance in hell here.
Well, compared to the "Romney cut some kid's hair 40 years ago", it's a good argument!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #10
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Great read...the game is the game.

...unlike Romney though, Obama isn't purposefully trying to create zombie companies so he can liquidate them and add their cash reserves to his personal coffers.

Private equity can be a nasty business if you don't get a good term-sheet and Bain Capital can hardly be blamed for it's ruthlessness...it's just business.
I'm under the impression that Bain purchased struggling companies and got them back on their feet and sold them. If I'm correct then you do have to make the needed cuts and sometimes it means jobs and people get hurt. Letting the business go bankrupt cost everyone their jobs not just a few cuts. Staples is one of those struggeling companies Bain purchased then sold after making the needed cuts.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #11
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I'm under the impression that Bain purchased struggling companies and got them back on their feet and sold them. If I'm correct then you do have to make the needed cuts and sometimes it means jobs and people get hurt. Letting the business go bankrupt cost everyone their jobs not just a few cuts. Staples is one of those struggeling companies Bain purchased then sold after making the needed cuts.
There are many facets to Private Equity and one of them is in the mold of a loan shark. At the end of the day their sole objective is to make as much money as possible as fast as possible without any emotion or regard for anyone other than their shareholders. When the desperate take money from them they sometimes simply buy a company with the intent of laying off people and selling off the company's assets. It's a dirty business but then again so is the insurance business.

Bottom line, don't take money from private equity unless you know what you're getting into. Unfortunately the little guy isn't the one making the call to take money from them and they will almost always be the ones to get hurt.

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 05-30-2012 at 03:22 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #12
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
There are many fascists to Private Equity and one of them is in the mold of a loan shark.
Freudien slip?
Old 05-30-2012, 03:20 AM   #13
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Freudien slip?
LOL...I blame the spell checker.

-Jenkins
Old 05-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #14
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
There are many facets to Private Equity and one of them is in the mold of a loan shark. At the end of the day their sole objective is to make as much money as possible as fast as possible without any emotion or regard for anyone other than their shareholders. When the desperate take money from them they sometimes simply buy a company with the intent of laying off people and selling off the company's assets. It's a dirty business but then again so is the insurance business.

Bottom line, don't take money from private equity unless you know what you're getting into. Unfortunately the little guy isn't the one making the call to take money from them and they will almost always be the ones to get hurt.
You show everyday how big of a dick head you really are. You try to act smart but are very ignorant.

Last edited by firstdown; 05-30-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #15
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Shocker. A politician giving out legislation and funds based off a person's campaign contributions!! I can show you legislation from every Rep/Sen/Pres and it will no doubt correlate with some campaign donor or lobbyist. This is the absolute downfall of our government and will be until we kick corporations out of our government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
So you know his real stance on legalizing marijuana, it's just that he's being lobbied by corporate interests (tobacco, alcohol, drug pharmaceuticals) to keep it illegal. Money talks.
Closed Thread