Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Chris Cooley: Lewis never talks to Campbell

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Chris Cooley: Lewis never talks to Campbell

Well apparently Cooley was trying his best not to take a shot at Lewis, it's funny that everyone is talking shit about this guy but yet our offense has approved by leaps and bounds... Just 5 weeks ago we thought we would never hit 20pts... Now we have scored 24+ in 2 out of 3 weeks. I'm not saying Lewis is a Genius but obviously he is a better signal caller than Zorn.

Chris Cooley: Lewis never talks to Campbell | ProFootballTalk.com

Advertisements
Old 12-01-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: Chris Cooley: Lewis never talks to Campbell

yah it's being discussed in another thread.. the WaPo article that it links to mentions Cooley saying that the O has looked better though too, but that was conveniently left out of the PFT article
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I honestly wonder at this point, with the season lost, is Lewis at all curious if Todd Collins could run his offense better.

Now i know the argument that you can't start a 38 year old QB with no future, believe me we have been there and done that. BUT...with seemingly nothing to lose, why not see if anybody can put more points on the board.

I remember early when Lewis was hired, the story floating around PFT, mentioned on several radio news outlets, and even our own Washington Post was that Lewis preferred Collins as the QB.

I truly do wonder what the record would be like had TC15 started from day 1, and Ladell Betts be the feature back. I'll go on a limb and say we are at least 5-6 right now, but truthfully we would probably be 6-5 or 7-4....

The fact that Lewis doesnt talk to Campbell at all is a very telling fact that should not be ignored....
Old 12-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

There's no season to save so no need to play Collins just for the wins.. continue seeing what you have in JC and consider playing the 3rd guy.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #5
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I think we know that Campbell isnt the total problem. He is an OK QB that can manage the game and not make stupid mistakes. He is a good backup QB to have.

But he doesnt win you the game and he certainly doesnt have the fire or passion that makes other players around him better. I would definatley give Bartel some playing time. Next year we would likely have Colt and Bartel battle for the job assuming Jason doesn't get re-signed and the skins don't sign a veteran QB or draft a QB...
Old 12-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I honestly wonder at this point, with the season lost, is Lewis at all curious if Todd Collins could run his offense better.

Now i know the argument that you can't start a 38 year old QB with no future, believe me we have been there and done that. BUT...with seemingly nothing to lose, why not see if anybody can put more points on the board.

I remember early when Lewis was hired, the story floating around PFT, mentioned on several radio news outlets, and even our own Washington Post was that Lewis preferred Collins as the QB.

I truly do wonder what the record would be like had TC15 started from day 1, and Ladell Betts be the feature back. I'll go on a limb and say we are at least 5-6 right now, but truthfully we would probably be 6-5 or 7-4....

The fact that Lewis doesnt talk to Campbell at all is a very telling fact that should not be ignored....
It sounds more like Lewis interacts mainly with the coaches, if that's the case, it's just how he wants to work this season, and probably indicates a lack of planning to hop full into head coach or some other role, in other words, he came in as a "consultant" and he has no intentions of expanding that to on the field coaching. If he is shunning Campbell but talking with the other players, then yes that does mean something.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #7
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

If - - I Said IF - - Cooley is right and this is the way the offensive braintrust of the Redskins is functioning, then whoever put the system together and whoever has allowed it to get to this status needs to be drawn and quartered.

A "team" works because people work together. Coaches should not be allowed to "do their own thing" any more than players should be ecnouraged to "freelance".

I suspect that not a single Super Bowl winning team ever functioned in a structure like the one described by Chris Cooley. Vince Lombardi is shedding a tear right about now...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
saden1
MVP

That's fine with me...my CEO never talks to me but my team makes him 450K per developer for the company. Everyone is happy when you're winning.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

It's a curious set-up, for sure. But I don't know how totally unique it is. I mean I really don't know to what extent coaches and players communicate during the week on any team.

The PFT article itself, as mentioned, is a bit incomplete however.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #10
MTK
\m/

The setup is just bizzare to me. Zorn came in wearing too many hats and now it seems he's not much more than a glorified coordinator. The staff now consists of all indians, no chiefs.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #11
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It's a curious set-up, for sure. But I don't know how totally unique it is. I mean I really don't know to what extent coaches and players communicate during the week on any team.

The PFT article itself, as mentioned, is a bit incomplete however.
me either but i would have to assume that the oc and playcaller would have o have a little talk with their qb, going over what plays worked better for them and tweak it a little bit, but thats just an assumtion

and whats the deal with cooley he never really has said much about the team and the situation all year, and he really isn't even there that much. and now with the article in the post today he talks about his uncertain future and he's not sure what he will be returning to. just seems out of place for cooley

washingtonpost.com

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #12
MTK
\m/

Cooley being injured puts him a little on the outside looking in, so he's almost in offseason mode as far as how he's looking at things right now. I don't have any problems with his comments. The offensive setup is odd, and changes are definitely coming down the pike. He's just speaking the truth.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #13
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Cooley being injured puts him a little on the outside looking in, so he's almost in offseason mode as far as how he's looking at things right now. I don't have any problems with his comments. The offensive setup is odd, and changes are definitely coming down the pike. He's just speaking the truth.
i hope pike is one of those changes

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #14
rbanerjee23
The Starter

wow...i just lost a little faith in lewis...he reminds me of when you're playing madden and you only want to play offense and just put in sims for defense. That is not something I want in a head coach.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #15
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Lewis isn't the head coach, nor will he be