Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Brock Lesnar retires from UFC following knockout loss to Alistair Overeem

Other Sports

Old 12-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Brock Lesnar retires from UFC following knockout loss to Alistair Overeem

Just wanted to wish the big guy good luck in retirement.

It was remarkable that Lesnar overcame such a horrible disease in diverticulitus, to return at UFC 141, much less against arguably the world's top heavyweight striker.

I have suspected for the past year or so that Lesnar's heart was not in training and fighting anymore. There is no doubt that such a humbling beating by Cain Velasquez, coupled with his near-death experience with diverticulitis, and I think the man had a life changing experience. All of his public appearances since his surgery he has been humble, quiet, and almost friendly. This is a sharp contrast to the man who was UFC HW Champ.

I also think that Brock may go back to World Wrestling Entertainment, he recently met with Vince McMahon back in October, and Lesnar said that he and Vince have worked out an arrangement where Lesnar could return when he wanted to.

I also do not see a future with Brock in MMA as far as a trainer or coach. He has no martial arts background, he only had his ferocious wrestling. It still is pretty amazing that a guy like him who had no MMA training whatsoever could rise to the top of the UFC. His natural athleticism won him fights where he should have been destroyed against the then-elite fighters of the time. Good Luck Brock Lesnar, I wish you the best in retirement. I think he is at peace with himself.

Last note here, the liver kick that Overeem threw last night that finished Brock would have beat any fighter on the planet. You just don't take a shot like that to the liver.

Advertisements
Old 01-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
budw38
Playmaker

Re: Brock Lesnar retires from UFC following knockout loss to Alistair Overeem

Too bad . Nice post SS . MMA Training is as brutal as any sport , let alone the fights . I haven't seen the fight , but have seen guys get hit or kicked in the liver , which is a kill shot often times .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote