Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Lavar's twitter

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
freddyg12
Playmaker

Lavar's twitter

Just read this on Dan Steinberg's DC sports bog. We haven't had a Lavar thread in a while, and certainly not one like this. He might have an axe to grind, but he also has some insight. Interesting read, Lavar the revolutionary!

D.C. Sports Bog - LaVar's Letter to Redskins Fans
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: Lavar's twitter

I love the Skins fan in this pic, pretty much sums up how I feel watching the game on Sundays

Old 09-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
DreamSeatFan

He is 100% right about the ownership. I sell T-shirts at the games that say TRADE SNYDER with a picture of him holding wads of money in his hand and he has devil horns and tail. He is the devil of the redskins and everyone that follows the NFL knows it.
DreamSeatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I love the Skins fan in this pic, pretty much sums up how I feel watching the game on Sundays

Aint that the truth
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:53 AM   #5
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I stopped reading after LaVar referred to himself as a "great of the past."
Old 09-29-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
12thMan
MVP

On one hand you have to take Lavar's Twitter with a grain salt because he's still pissed at Snyder over getting screwed out of all those millions and the public spat that ensued. But on the other hand he brings up a few interesting points. However, at the end of the day this is still Snyder's team and he'll do what he damn well pleases. It won't do the fans any good to march down to Redskins park and protest. Something like that would make for good media fodder though.

I'll also add that Lavar's argument, excuse me epiphany, is a bit flawed. Lavar presupposes that he's somehow in a unique postion to bring these things to light and that he is, perhaps, more passionate about the Redskins than Dan Snyder. I don't buy that. In fact, I don't at all question Snyder's passion for this team. His intentions may be misplaced at times, but I truly believe he has an abiding concern for this franchise.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #7
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I guess I just don't understand the Snyder hate. I think it's all still based on when he first became an owner, and even Snyder admitted he made a mistake early in his career. I feel like Snyder runs the business side of the skins. Yeah, he wants to see whats going on and know what's happening in his organization, I'd be the exact same way. He was a tie breaker between Vinny and Gibbs, not as if he was saying Draft player X.

Snyder is an easy scapegoat I guess for fans to blindly blame when a team is doing poorly. I think this teams performance for the last decade has fallen primarily on the coaches and earlier in the decade, we didn't have much talent. Gibbs on -- coaching has been lacking.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #8
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I guess I just don't understand the Snyder hate. I think it's all still based on when he first became an owner, and even Snyder admitted he made a mistake early in his career. I feel like Snyder runs the business side of the skins. Yeah, he wants to see whats going on and know what's happening in his organization, I'd be the exact same way. He was a tie breaker between Vinny and Gibbs, not as if he was saying Draft player X.

Snyder is an easy scapegoat I guess for fans to blindly blame when a team is doing poorly. I think this teams performance for the last decade has fallen primarily on the coaches and earlier in the decade, we didn't have much talent. Gibbs on -- coaching has been lacking.
I used to feel the same way but now I'm coming around to the idea that the common denominator all along has been Snyder.

We've tried different coaches with different philosophies and obtained the same results. I don't buy the talent issue or the coaching issue. There's no way this team should be losing to the Lions or barely beating the Rams. I'm not saying we have the most talent in the league, but we're certainly in the middle of the pack at least and shouldn't be struggling with the bottom feeders of the league.

I do think it's time for Snyder to hire a reputable football mind to be the GM and run the show with 100% authority over all football related decisions, and time for Snyder to step into the background and resign himself to inking the paychecks only.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #9
djnemo65
Playmaker

Quote:

So you think Vinnie and Zorn were the driving forces behind the failed Cutler and Sanchez acquisitions? Because I'm not so sure about that.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #10
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I used to feel the same way but now I'm coming around to the idea that the common denominator all along has been Snyder.

We've tried different coaches with different philosophies and obtained the same results. I don't buy the talent issue or the coaching issue. There's no way this team should be losing to the Lions or barely beating the Rams. I'm not saying we have the most talent in the league, but we're certainly in the middle of the pack at least and shouldn't be struggling with the bottom feeders of the league.

I do think it's time for Snyder to hire a reputable football mind to be the GM and run the show with 100% authority over all football related decisions, and time for Snyder to step into the background and resign himself to inking the paychecks only.

I personaly think the best coach that was here during the Synder era was Marty and I found it very interesting that Lavar pointed out of all the coachs he played under here Marty was the only one not to fold under Dan's pressure.

Also no way Lavar actually wrote this tweet, it may be his ideas but someone else typed it up.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #11
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Also, if you want the true hollywood story on Dan wait until Cooley is either traded, released or retires. He is going to tell it like it is. He is vocally now beut I am sure he keeps quite now about Dan becasue who would bite the hand that feeds you but once he is truley done being feed by Dan the turth will fly.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #12
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

Snyder is an easy scapegoat
I guess for fans to blindly blame when a team is doing poorly. I think this teams performance for the last decade has fallen primarily on the coaches and earlier in the decade, we didn't have much talent. Gibbs on -- coaching has been lacking.

That's my belief too. Rather than see an owner who is learning and changing, it sounds like LaVar is stuck in the past (where he was a Redskins great :yeahright) and is just hating Snyder.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #13
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:

You found tryfuhl!

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:21 AM   #14
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

With all apologies to Matty, LaVar is the true Ego. Having spent a lot of time with him (granted it was over five years ago), I know he is an extremely stubborn, "I am never wrong" person. Nice guy, courteous. But he pretty much has remained bitter because people in the organization told him what he apparently had never been told before "You know what LaVar...sometimes your shit does stink"

He needs to get over it already

That said, the ownership situation had serious issues when LaVar was here. The ownership situation is soooo much better than it was when LaVar was here. Sooo much better. RIP Gerald Snyder but he was way too influential in roster decisions back in the day. And then there was Fred Drasner, who was basically everything fans assume Snyder to be. I believe Dan Snyder was too influenced by the impetuous nature of Drasner and the desire to get his dad all the players he wanted. With Fred Smith and especially Dwight Schar Snyder (Dan) has a stronger ownership group supporting him.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:21 AM   #15
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Also, if you want the true hollywood story on Dan wait until Cooley is either traded, released or retires. He is going to tell it like it is. He is vocally now beut I am sure he keeps quite now about Dan becasue who would bite the hand that feeds you but once he is truley done being feed by Dan the turth will fly.
You know there are plenty of ex-Skins out there that don't have anything negative to say about Snyder. In fact they probably outnumber those that are always railing on him.