5 Things Jim Zorn Should Change Right Now

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #1
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

5 Things Jim Zorn Should Change Right Now

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/09/if-i-were-jim-zorn-5-changes-now.html

Quote:
We were thinking last night about what a lot of analysts had to say, particularly player type analysts like Brian Mitchell, John Riggin, Rodney Harrison, and others you know, guys that see stuff as ex-players, guys that talk to the players honestly, guys that have a unique perspective because they played on the field.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
Pocket$ $traight

Re: 5 Things Jim Zorn Should Change Right Now

I can only think of one, his zip-code.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
Old 09-28-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
He could probably stand to change his breeches too. If I was coaching a football team that lost to the Lions, I know I'd have shat them.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

can I bring up Hixon at this point. Fire him. why, why the heck not. I don't care if he is not the problem. I don't care if he is a great coach, let him go somewhere else, maybe Arizona will trade their wr coach. Seriously, it was asked that if DT/MK light it up this year will I give him credit, and I said yes absolutely. but as the article says, they are nowhere to be seen. Am I saying it is Hixon's fault, no. Am i saying he is a bad coach, not really, i am just saying we aren't letting our receivers go, none of them seem to be improving, so go get another coach, if just for change sake.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #6
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
can I bring up Hixon at this point. Fire him. why, why the heck not. I don't care if he is not the problem. I don't care if he is a great coach, let him go somewhere else, maybe Arizona will trade their wr coach. Seriously, it was asked that if DT/MK light it up this year will I give him credit, and I said yes absolutely. but as the article says, they are nowhere to be seen. Am I saying it is Hixon's fault, no. Am i saying he is a bad coach, not really, i am just saying we aren't letting our receivers go, none of them seem to be improving, so go get another coach, if just for change sake.
I can't remember who it was now but I heard someone talking about how the Giants young receivers "attack" the ball and how the Redskins receivers don't. The Giants receivers aggressively come back to the ball and attack it while the Redskins receivers just seem to wait for it to get there. Why? Just putting that out there.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:05 PM   #7
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I can't remember who it was now but I heard someone talking about how the Giants young receivers "attack" the ball and how the Redskins receivers don't. The Giants receivers aggressively come back to the ball and attack it while the Redskins receivers just seem to wait for it to get there. Why? Just putting that out there.
They also have a QB who is elusive, runs around the pocket, buys time and can actually throw accurate passes while on the run. Just putting that out there.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
They also have a QB who is elusive, runs around the pocket, buys time and can actually throw accurate passes while on the run. Just putting that out there.
Right, and while he's doing that, they still don't give up, ours do. Whether JC is accurate or not, receivers shouldn't give up on plays. I would hardly call the pass to Tyree in the SB "accurate". The QB has nothing to do with receivers doing what they're paid to do. If I heard ONE receiver say, "What's the use, JC won't get it here anyway" I'd cut his ass on the spot. I'm glad you think EVERYTHING is related to JC but it's not. That's bullshit. Just putting THAT out there.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #9
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Right, and while he's doing that, they still don't give up, ours do. Whether JC is accurate or not, receivers shouldn't give up on plays. I would hardly call the pass to Tyree in the SB "accurate". The QB has nothing to do with receivers doing what they're paid to do. If I heard ONE receiver say, "What's the use, JC won't get it here anyway" I'd cut his ass on the spot. I'm glad you think EVERYTHING is related to JC but it's not. That's bullshit. Just putting THAT out there.
Well said
Old 09-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #10
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Agreed as well. Jason Campbell is likely not the answer, but he certainly is not the core of the problem. This team has several issues and the one that upsets me the most is lack of effort and passion. I really don't get that. I think the plague of this team is, many players have signed here for the pay day because they knew we would pay it, and that is the extent of their commitment.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #11
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Brother in arms I am with you. I have beat this drum to death and people told me to shut up. Hixon has not developed anyone. The route running sucks. The WR's can't get seperation, not even Moss. Our passing attempts look like some one trying to take a huge crap......painfull. The whole while other teams make it look easy to get their WR's the ball even when they are rushed. Hixon is a college coach who needs to go back to the college ranks.

When DS desides to shit can the whole mess I'll be glad and exited to see who the HC brings in as a real NFL WR's coach.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:04 PM   #12
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Brother in arms I am with you. I have beat this drum to death and people told me to shut up. Hixon has not developed anyone. The route running sucks. The WR's can't get seperation, not even Moss. Our passing attempts look like some one trying to take a huge crap......painfull. The whole while other teams make it look easy to get their WR's the ball even when they are rushed. Hixon is a college coach who needs to go back to the college ranks.

When DS desides to shit can the whole mess I'll be glad and exited to see who the HC brings in as a real NFL WR's coach.
Ah but Hixon knows DS' secret, that's why he has survived forever. He will be 77 and still be the WR coach, our receivers will continue to fail, and some will still proclaim Hixon has no fault in it.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #13
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

I agree with the suggestions. Particularly with the "play the young guys" attitude. If we're gonna lose (and we are), at least get these guys in to learn - M. Mitchell, Jarmon (who everytime I have seen him, has looked at least as good as Daniels), K. Barnes.

We've been waiting for this team to repeat and improve upon the limited success it saw under Gibbs (as others have said, this is still basically the Gibbs 2.0 personnel). Time to move on. Great guys, but above average talent at its best and now its just not gonna get better.

So frustrated I want to puke.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #14
freddyg12
Playmaker

No way I agree w/benching Rogers, he's played well. Even on the td, he had tight coverage, the ball was underthrown. The secondary played well overall IMO, the reason detroit got so many yards in the air was 1) they ran effectively, 2) No pass rush. I don't care if we got 2 sacks (1 of which could be called a 'coverage sack'), there were times when Stafford got to look at both sides of the field twice before passing.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:30 AM   #15
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

I disagree with most of that article. I wholeheartedly agree with the Zorn-should-coach part.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote