Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2023 Commies training camp thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-29-2023, 11:21 AM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

2023 Commies training camp thread

You guys are still talking about the name change, really? Put that shit on pause until next year minimum.

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status...80200399978497

There's so many fresh and relevant subjects we could be discussing instead, like the amazing fan attendance at training camp right now (seriously we haven't seen that many fans attend training camp in 10+ years). Or how B-Rob finally feels normal again after getting shot in DC last year. Or how Forbes is making plays at training camp. Or how Sam Howell looks (seems like he has his highs and his lows which are to be expected at this stage).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ng-rookie-year - Good read, B-Rob ran for 800 yards last year and he still wasn't 100%.

2nd edit: Look at this line of fans waiting to get into camp! You love to see it.

Advertisements
Old 07-30-2023, 08:29 AM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: 2023 Commies training camp thread

It’s early and not in pads yet, but Ben Standig watched our new Right Tackle get beat pretty bad inside and outside.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 10:35 AM   #3
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It’s early and not in pads yet, but Ben Standig watched our new Right Tackle get beat pretty bad inside and outside.
Oline may be concerning from reports I've gathered. Really need to look to bring other guys in asap. Just sucks if Howell isn't going to have a lot of time to throw.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 12:08 PM   #4
Meks
Pro Bowl

I'm very concerned about the o line.

All the weapons in the world don't mean anything when the opposing D is in your backfield in 2-3 seconds.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Last edited by Meks; 07-30-2023 at 12:26 PM.
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 12:46 PM   #5
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

It's comical to try to evaluate the O-line before they even put on a pad. Anyway, hopefully a lot of O-lines struggle against this defensive front. Going against our D-line in practice will only better prepare them for the season and some of the really good D-lines they will face this year.

Injuries will play a big part, but I think we're better off than last year. I wouldn't mind upgrading the L Guard position, but maybe they like what they see so far.

C Leno Jr
C Paul/S Charles
N Gates/T Larsen/R Stromberg
S Cosmi
A Wylie

C Lucas = Swing Tackle
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 01:04 PM   #6
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
It's comical to try to evaluate the O-line before they even put on a pad. Anyway, hopefully a lot of O-lines struggle against this defensive front. Going against our D-line in practice will only better prepare them for the season and some of the really good D-lines they will face this year.

Injuries will play a big part, but I think we're better off than last year. I wouldn't mind upgrading the L Guard position, but maybe they like what they see so far.

C Leno Jr
C Paul/S Charles
S Cosmi
A Wylie

C Lucas = Swing Tackle
Well from a starting point most would have said going into last season we had a better line than this years group. Of course then we lost Roullier, while Cosmi, Leno and Norwell underperformed (Leno and Norwell especially).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 08:46 PM   #7
That Guy
Living Legend

I would love for the OL to go prove me wrong, but last year it was a problem that just did not go away, there's no quick fix for that. We brought in some guys, but not enough talent-level to just assume we're good now. Maybe it was just a bad year and we had the wrong guys in etc, but we'll know soon enough either way.
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 09:06 PM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
I would love for the OL to go prove me wrong, but last year it was a problem that just did not go away, there's no quick fix for that. We brought in some guys, but not enough talent-level to just assume we're good now. Maybe it was just a bad year and we had the wrong guys in etc, but we'll know soon enough either way.
it will be better. Last year both guard positions were bottom of the league, and we were on our 4 th Center at times due to injuries. EB will help too

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 09:54 PM   #9
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The line is an issue but the offense will go as far as SH can take them. At the end of the day you have To have a QB. Hopefully he is that guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2023, 11:12 PM   #10
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post

C Leno Jr

C Paul/S Charles

S Cosmi

A Wylie

C Lucas = Swing Tackle
Gates and Wylie are upgrades over what he had last year. It's a functional unit.
I would have loved some strengthening of the left side too, especially because with that our roster would've been borderline hole-less. But as long as it's not injury crippled like it seems to have been every season for a few years, it's and okish+ Oline.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2023, 11:13 PM   #11
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

And I agree, let's put the name talk on pause until we have some legit news about it.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2023, 06:43 AM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I still think it's a piecemeal o-line, we haven't adequately replaced Trent or Scherff since they both left.

After last year we should all be apprehensive about the state of the line. Taking a young qb making his 2nd career start and sticking him behind a shoddy o-line is a recipe for disaster. The first time he gets strip sacked we will all be on here bitching about the poor job they did getting help on the o-line in the offseason.
Old 07-31-2023, 08:14 AM   #13
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I still think it's a piecemeal o-line, we haven't adequately replaced Trent or Scherff since they both left.

After last year we should all be apprehensive about the state of the line. Taking a young qb making his 2nd career start and sticking him behind a shoddy o-line is a recipe for disaster. The first time he gets strip sacked we will all be on here bitching about the poor job they did getting help on the o-line in the offseason.
This.. There are going to be some really rough Sunday's that are coming for the offense.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 08:16 AM   #14
skinsfan69
Living Legend

How many years has Charles been here? Is he going to just be a backup or is he going to become a legit NFL starter.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 08:38 AM   #15
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Both players are pretty good, especially Williams as he is legit #1 tackle in NFL. It's not easy to immediately replace top players. Also, we have been spoiled with LT in Samuels and Williams for years until Bruce Allen ruined it for us.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote