Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-03-2018, 08:47 AM   #1471
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

In October, the US economy added 250,000 jobs in October, which significantly exceeded expectations. The unemployment rate remained at 3.7%, a 49-year low. Hispanic unemployment reached its lowest rate ever, at 4.4%.

more big wins
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-03-2018, 09:06 AM   #1472
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1O10AQ

France's Macron learns the hard way: green taxes carry political risks

But Bernie said Europeans love taxes???

Macron has been an absolute failure...wow.

Worst rioting in 50 years in Paris and France...No articles or coverage on CNN? Strange...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b05c37bb78df04

France’s ‘Startup President’ Is Just What Europe Needs To Reboot....

"President Macron breathes fresh air into the stagnating cause of European unity. Renovating the European project by bringing a new dynamism to a fading dream is the only way to secure a critical role for the West in a post-American world in the throes transition. Macron’s success in this endeavor would be a success for all of us.

Let’s hope his winning streak continues."

LOLOLOLOLOL

Last edited by Chico23231; 12-03-2018 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:11 AM   #1473
MTK
\m/

Found this in 2 seconds on the front page at CNN
Old 12-03-2018, 11:35 AM   #1474
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
yeah, haven't seen anything on the front page...right now there is a blurb of Macron approaching the Saudi Prince on the left.

But you would think the worst riots in 50 years in Paris would garner more attention.

But also the article you link is rife with fake news which seems to protect Macron...from the article:

The protests were initially conceived in response to rising fuel prices. The cost of diesel has surged 16% this year from an average 1.24 euros ($1.41) per liter to 1.48 euros ($1.69), even hitting 1.53 euros in October, according to UFIP, France's oil industry federation.

The price hike is largely caused by a leap in the wholesale price of oil, with Brent crude oil -- a benchmark for worldwide oil purchases -- increasing by more than 20% in the first half of 2018 from around $60 a barrel to a peak of $86.07 in early October.

Macron has borne the brunt of the demonstrators' anger instead of OPEC for reducing oil production, or the US for imposing tariffs on Iran, which crippled oil exports.

Many protesters are angry with the president for extending the environmental policies that were first implemented by former President François Hollande.

This is clearly skewed, biased, uninformed and false. Its actually hilarious it attempts to shift blame to Hollande at the very end. Hilarious and pathetic.

This has nothing to do with OPEC or US tariffs...The protestors aren't in the streets to do rising Oil cost...first and foremost, this is about a green tax plan by Macron on petroleum. This is the final straw which launched these violent protest...This is in a series of poor Macron economic policies which have thrown the country into violence.

Its interesting that CNN is deflecting, attempting to change a narrative. Hilarity and why CNN is considered fake news.

This is the best summation about why and how:

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/03/67286...t-do-they-want

Absolutely zero to do with Oil prices, tariffs, Trump and previous French presidents. Once again CNN is clearly fake news.

Last edited by Chico23231; 12-03-2018 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:34 PM   #1475
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
LOL, CNN. This should go over well.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:26 AM   #1476
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Seems the gist of it is "lower class citizens are protesting the fuel tax because it's another squeeze on their already-thin pockets. Anarchists from the far-left and far-right are using the protest as an opportunity to destroy shit and cause chaos." Am I missing anything Chico?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:04 AM   #1477
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Seems the gist of it is "lower class citizens are protesting the fuel tax because it's another squeeze on their already-thin pockets. Anarchists from the far-left and far-right are using the protest as an opportunity to destroy shit and cause chaos." Am I missing anything Chico?
A lot actually...largest riots in 50 years....deadly riots...response to illegal fuel tax...cost of living standards have risen sharply since Macron administration...70% of the French support the yellow vest protest..people are now calling for resignation

Most importantly, Macron has been a failure since the media’s embrace. It’s a shame what’s happened to him and Justin Trudeau recently. Trudeau had to bend that knee at the nafta signing...lol

Welp look like macron has tucked tail:http://fortune.com/2018/12/04/macron-fuel-tax-protests/

Oh...and that cnn article...pretty good example of fake new, huh?
Old 12-04-2018, 07:16 AM   #1478
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I was just referring to why people were protesting. Good for them, obviously the majority of people didn't want it and they came together to oppose it. Wish this country was capable of the same. Instead party line bias determines your opinion on everything.

Also I didn't read the CNN article, and I have no desire to read it either. We already had this convo. By reading it, and sharing it, you are doing exactly what they want.

Fake news will stop selling when people start ignoring it.

BTW I'm inclined to let you have your triumphs with the economy doing so well, unemployment being the lowest ever, etc. because the only people in the Trump org. that haven't been indicted is the family itself. You should start preparing yourself for that. Surely there's an angle where false charges are being made up on false evidence because registered Republicans who are actually Dems can't stand seeing a rich white man succeed.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:29 AM   #1479
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
A lot actually...largest riots in 50 years....deadly riots...response to illegal fuel tax...cost of living standards have risen sharply since Macron administration...70% of the French support the yellow vest protest..people are now calling for resignation

Most importantly, Macron has been a failure since the media’s embrace. It’s a shame what’s happened to him and Justin Trudeau recently. Trudeau had to bend that knee at the nafta signing...lol

Welp look like macron has tucked tail:http://fortune.com/2018/12/04/macron-fuel-tax-protests/

Oh...and that cnn article...pretty good example of fake new, huh?

Chico your bias is so obvious against CNN you have to reach out to Paris to justify it. Pretty amusing actually. Your mad that CNN didn't cover it to your expectations well, there were a few things going on in the news that maybe someone at CNN thought were more import to the CNN viewers. Like the death of a former President,the uptick of the Mueller investigations things that matter to people in this country. Is what's going on there important ,yes, but you have taken the boy crying wolf to a new level.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:31 AM   #1480
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

...............because the only people in the Trump org. that haven't been indicted is the family itself. You should start preparing yourself for that. Surely there's an angle where false charges are being made up on false evidence because registered Republicans who are actually Dems can't stand seeing a rich white man succeed.

LOL, oh yeah,Donnie Jr is going to take a perp walk and so might Ivanka.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:29 AM   #1481
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Chico your bias is so obvious against CNN you have to reach out to Paris to justify it. Pretty amusing actually. Your mad that CNN didn't cover it to your expectations well, there were a few things going on in the news that maybe someone at CNN thought were more import to the CNN viewers. Like the death of a former President,the uptick of the Mueller investigations things that matter to people in this country. Is what's going on there important ,yes, but you have taken the boy crying wolf to a new level.
The problem is my example was clear and correct...the coverage is poor, but the lies and fake news in the article is unacceptable. Do you think CNN should be printing lies?
Old 12-04-2018, 08:32 AM   #1482
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I was just referring to why people were protesting. Good for them, obviously the majority of people didn't want it and they came together to oppose it. Wish this country was capable of the same. Instead party line bias determines your opinion on everything.

Also I didn't read the CNN article, and I have no desire to read it either. We already had this convo. By reading it, and sharing it, you are doing exactly what they want.

BTW I'm inclined to let you have your triumphs with the economy doing so well, unemployment being the lowest ever, etc. because the only people in the Trump org. that haven't been indicted is the family itself. You should start preparing yourself for that. Surely there's an angle where false charges are being made up on false evidence because registered Republicans who are actually Dems can't stand seeing a rich white man succeed.
what?

anyways, Fake news needs to be called out each when major news organizations are spreading it. You seriously don't have a problem with it?
Old 12-04-2018, 01:36 PM   #1483
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
The problem is my example was clear and correct...the coverage is poor, but the lies and fake news in the article is unacceptable. Do you think CNN should be printing lies?

Do you believe you should be spreading lies when really they are only your opinion?
Old 12-04-2018, 01:41 PM   #1484
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Do you believe you should be spreading lies when really they are only your opinion?
I pointed out the lies...the protest had nothing to do with oil prices, Iran or the previous president of france. That is fake news. The yellow vest weren't marching the streets do to any of that.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:44 PM   #1485
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I pointed out the lies...the protest had nothing to do with oil prices, Iran or the previous president of france. That is fake news. The yellow vest weren't marching the streets do to any of that.
As Mooby pointed out......"others were". Just keep pushing your agenda.