Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-24-2021, 11:12 AM   #1441
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Yup from the numbers Biden’s strategy hasn’t worked which he owns. He said he would shut it down and failed.

Given the vaccinations rates among minority groups and young people who overwhelming voted Biden, they have predictably lagged and share a substantial blame.

The Biden decision J&J pause….lack of a testing strategy against Delta, avoided strategy of monoclonal treatment. Lack of urgency to give full fda approvals

Biden chose to politicize and push illegal mandates to divide the country.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-24-2021, 11:15 AM   #1442
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yes, it does. You scream "Red States -Blue States ,....it's the voters in those states .LOL STFU!
Right, that’s why we are seeing the surges in blue run states and Florida with the lowest cases counts in the country.

Makes sense. When you do the red vs blue it’s a Bigly fail. Data is a helluva data

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:22 AM   #1443
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Appears covid will go through surges, I imagine Florida will go through a surge soon enough.

Bidens strategy was promote vaccines and masks ... are you actually advocating that we should not promote vaccines and masks?

republicans are vastly unvaccinated vs dems .. 56% vs over 90%

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...are-vaccinated
This!! People trying to assign every fucking case or death to an individual or a political party is beyond tiresome. This thing sucks. And there are and appears will to continue to be surges all over the country. Red, blue, purple, neon pink, it doesn't matter, your area might be hit.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 12:21 PM   #1444
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
This!! People trying to assign every fucking case or death to an individual or a political party is beyond tiresome. This thing sucks. And there are and appears will to continue to be surges all over the country. Red, blue, purple, neon pink, it doesn't matter, your area might be hit.
We are currently averaging 1,100 covid deaths a day.

A 64 year old former MLB pitcher just died. People in their 30s and 40s are dying from it.

We are all fatigued ... Im going to ride the metro and a Caps game tonight so .. i dont even know anymore .. im fatigued
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 12:41 PM   #1445
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Right, that’s why we are seeing the surges in blue run states and Florida with the lowest cases counts in the country.

Makes sense. When you do the red vs blue it’s a Bigly fail. Data is a helluva data
Maybe you should learn to read it.
Old 11-24-2021, 12:46 PM   #1446
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Unless of course you follow the facts, which are that vaccinations save lives and the hard right Trump party makes up a large majority of the unvaccinated. I know you like to stay middle of the road (well veering right lol) but sometimes blame can be , and should be assigned. That loudmouth garbage asshole orange guy convinced huge swaths of his base believing this was a bullshit virus and vaccinations weren’t necessary. Even though, of course, he got his. But its par for the course that when he opens his mouth garbage comes out so….
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 12:48 PM   #1447
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Dude people fucking travel. It isn’t about where you live so much as it is if you are vaccinated and red states are lagging. Jesus its like talking to a wall.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 12:53 PM   #1448
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
We are currently averaging 1,100 covid deaths a day.

A 64 year old former MLB pitcher just died. People in their 30s and 40s are dying from it.

We are all fatigued ... Im going to ride the metro and a Caps game tonight so .. i dont even know anymore .. im fatigued
That's insane that it's that high still. Pretty depressing.

My take is, I'm vaccinated, and will take the boosters. So if I want to go do something, I'm going to do it as responsibly as I can in regards to distancing not touching anything that isn't necessary, etc. But imo we all need to live our lives as normal as possible. Life is too short and COVID is looking like it's going to be around forever. Again, this is just my personal choice on the matter. Have fun at the game, it's nice to feel normal, even if only for a few hours.

Note - I do need to start taking better care of myself in regards to having as strong as an immunity system as possible in case I get it again. I was pretty fortunate the 1st time around.
Old 11-24-2021, 12:58 PM   #1449
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Dude people fucking travel. It isn’t about where you live so much as it is if you are vaccinated and red states are lagging. Jesus its like talking to a wall.
With the Delta variant, 25% or so of the hospitalizations are fully vaccinated people.

Covid is here to stay imo.

------------------------

States across the country are also seeing a growing number of people with breakthrough cases end up in hospitals. In Michigan, for example, 28 percent of hospitalizations and 24 percent of deaths, between Oct. 7 and Nov. 5, were among fully vaccinated individuals.

“People don’t realize how high the risk is to transmit the virus to a vulnerable family member,” said David Rubin, a pediatrician and director of PolicyLab at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. “I don’t think there’s a sense that anyone is holding back this Thanksgiving. If people were smart, they’d quarantine themselves if they live in a place with high transmission.”

Rubin has been watching Covid patterns since the beginning of the pandemic and he suspects that the spikes in cities like Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay and Minneapolis are a harbinger for Boston, New York and Philadelphia.

“We can’t afford, literally because lives depend on it, to let this pandemic recede in people’s minds when it hasn’t receded in our hospital beds
, in our morgues,” Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot told POLITICO.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/1...-winter-523109

We arent going to beat Covid .. but the notion we should stop trying to mitigate it is just dumb.
Old 11-24-2021, 01:01 PM   #1450
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
That's insane that it's that high still. Pretty depressing.

My take is, I'm vaccinated, and will take the boosters. So if I want to go do something, I'm going to do it as responsibly as I can in regards to distancing not touching anything that isn't necessary, etc. But imo we all need to live our lives as normal as possible. Life is too short and COVID is looking like it's going to be around forever. Again, this is just my personal choice on the matter. Have fun at the game, it's nice to feel normal, even if only for a few hours.

Note - I do need to start taking better care of myself in regards to having as strong as an immunity system as possible in case I get it again. I was pretty fortunate the 1st time around.
honestly after reading up on some covid stuff today ... feels kinda dumb right before thanksgiving with my big ass family.

ill eat an edible, drink some beers and sing "this will be the day that I die".
Old 11-24-2021, 01:11 PM   #1451
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
honestly after reading up on some covid stuff today ... feels kinda dumb right before thanksgiving with my big ass family.

Haha, nice. Christmas is almost here. Play it safe then.
Old 11-25-2021, 01:53 AM   #1452
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:

6 goals! If you went, you had a great time. Happy Thanksgiving!!
Old 12-07-2021, 06:51 AM   #1453
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ie-covid-study

This is interesting. NPR did a study measuring the covid death rate in counties that voted heavily for Trump vs. heavily for Biden - and the death rate is 2.7 times higher in Trump counties.
Old 12-09-2021, 11:27 AM   #1454
MTK
\m/

Just wish for once an anti-vaxxer would present a halfway normal/well thought out reason for not getting the vaccine. It's always based in conspiracy and half baked idiotic ideas.
Old 12-09-2021, 11:52 AM   #1455
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

Just wish for once an anti-vaxxer would present a halfway normal/well thought out reason for not getting the vaccine. It's always based in conspiracy and half baked idiotic ideas.
At this point if you are not vax , you are just stubborn and stupid. there is no legit reason not to do it.

Funny in that video anyone not vax is a bit hesitant or flat out won't say their vax status but everyone that is vaxed is proud and loud.

I got 48 years of life experience usually when I am hesitant or not forthright I am usually trying to hide something or don't feel confident in my decision making.