Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 10:30 AM   #1411
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Do you mean McNabb? Shanny was well aware they were going for RG3
Yeah, i think i may have gotten those mixed up. Bruce has definitely become more "autonomous" over time.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.

Advertisements
Old 10-16-2019, 10:38 AM   #1412
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
for who, Trey Quinn?

Rams ain't got jack shit we want after giving up 2 firsts for Ramsey.
I really couldn't believe that. Thought that was a steep price for a CB. I guess we will see how good McVay really is in a few years with no draft capital and five players with roughly $110 million in cap space
Old 10-16-2019, 10:58 AM   #1413
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Yeah, i think i may have gotten those mixed up. Bruce has definitely become more "autonomous" over time.
Q: What more important than winning?

A: Bruce Allen gaining more power at Redskins Park.

I can hardly believe that Smithers could or would ever have the gall to order Doug Williams to not even pick up the phone and talk about a possible trade.

According to Mike Shanahan, the only position Snyder cares about is QB, so he's probably not involved. Besides, he has fabrics to pick out for the grand salon of his yacht.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:23 AM   #1414
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Q: What more important than winning?

A: Bruce Allen gaining more power at Redskins Park.

I can hardly believe that Smithers could or would ever have the gall to order Doug Williams to not even pick up the phone and talk about a possible trade.

According to Mike Shanahan, the only position Snyder cares about is QB, so he's probably not involved. Besides, he has fabrics to pick out for the grand salon of his yacht.
Its not Doug William's job to discuss trades and never has been. Doug is nothing more than a glorified scout.. That's his primary job. He's also the schlub that Bruce trots out to talk to the media when he doesn't feel like taking the heat after Bruce does something unpopular. But Doug has no real power, never has, and quote honestly, probably shouldn't. He's never demonstrated a hint that he's qualified for a true GM role. And to be honest, neither has anyone else currently in the redskins organization.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:27 AM   #1415
jamf
Pro Bowl

It's sad that there is so little football being discussed at this point in the season.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:41 AM   #1416
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Was really hoping to wake up to trade news. Don't fuck this up Bruce you POS.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:34 PM   #1417
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Adrian Peterson on XM Radio "I still think we can get Trent back here and play again"

He's close with him so I wonder if Trent has told AD something all along
Old 10-16-2019, 01:40 PM   #1418
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

So John Dorsey got the whole room buzzing on his exit line regarding about trading for Trent Williams: "Takes two to tango."
Old 10-16-2019, 02:02 PM   #1419
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
So John Dorsey got the whole room buzzing on his exit line regarding about trading for Trent Williams: "Takes two to tango."
I'm guessing Dorsey has made multiple offers to Allen, but Allen's told him to pound sand.

So yesterday, the Browns leaked their incredibly generous offer of a first round pick (plus a player) to the media last night to put pressure on Allen to take the deal.

I mean, turning down the Patriots offer is somewhat understandable. But the Browns first, plus Njoku?! That's insane! Only a fool would turn that down.

Redskins fans already hate Bruce Allen - it will only get worse if they know he turned down such an incredible offer simply because Allen - once again - let his pride and stupidity got in the way of his doing the right thing for the organization.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:17 PM   #1420
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Adrian Peterson on XM Radio "I still think we can get Trent back here and play again"

He's close with him so I wonder if Trent has told AD something all along
I wonder whether Trent is thinking that he would come back if Allen is no longer around. Anyone up for THAT trade? Yeah, me too.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:22 PM   #1421
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I'm guessing Dorsey has made multiple offers to Allen, but Allen's told him to pound sand.

So yesterday, the Browns leaked their incredibly generous offer of a first round pick (plus a player) to the media last night to put pressure on Allen to take the deal.

I mean, turning down the Patriots offer is somewhat understandable. But the Browns first, plus Njoku?! That's insane! Only a fool would turn that down.

Redskins fans already hate Bruce Allen - it will only get worse if they know he turned down such an incredible offer simply because Allen - once again - let his pride and stupidity got in the way of his doing the right thing for the organization.
Njoku is as injured as Reed , dude is made of glass. I would take a 1 alone but Bruce really seems hellbent on trading Trent, maybe Dan has told him NO
Old 10-16-2019, 02:37 PM   #1422
MTK
\m/

Yeah I don't want another injured TE. Give me picks for Trent, a 1st and a 2nd. Or a 1st, 3rd and 5th. Something alone those lines.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:38 PM   #1423
SunnySide
Playmaker

This fucking franchise ... trade Trent and move on. The inability to concede or admit isnt always a sign of "weakness". This is playing out just like Kirk Cousins.

Bruce says player A is not going anywhere and he has the situation under control.

Bruce then spends the next year plus doing absolutely nothing to address the situation. No negotiating with player's agent, no counter offers to trade offers ... he does nothing.

If the Browns made a competitive offer and Bruce didnt make a counter offer ... why isnt he on the phone trying to get Trent back as a Redskins.

Not even frustrated anymore ... Im not even a redskins fan if I think about it. Im becoming a fan of football. I watch SNF and MNF if its a good match up.

This is going to sound very elitest of me but ive noticed the people still wearing their skins gear around town are people who seem to have very little going for them. Over weight, standing at bus stops, walking along a roadway, not working during the work week etc ... rocking starter jackets and wind breakers.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:41 PM   #1424
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The browns are desperate right now, they NEED Trent big time, I would just take their 1 and move on. It'll b a top 20 pick
Old 10-16-2019, 02:47 PM   #1425
calia
Playmaker

Njoku played all 16 games his first two seasons. Dinged up this year, but I am not sure that he is deserving of a "glass" designation. Last year, was > 55 catches and > 500 yards and 4 TDs. Far better production that we've been getting at that position.
Closed Thread