Redskins vs. Lions Gameday Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2009, 10:13 PM   #1381
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Re: Redskins vs. Lions Gameday Thread

Jansen on game:

Redskins Insider - Jansen Happy to Be Home -- and With a Win
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2009, 10:23 PM   #1382
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
UUUGGGHHH!!!!!...all players who leave us end up winning their heads up game against us the next year...makes me sick.

Deion won against us when he went to play with Baltimore, Bailey with the Broncos, LaVarr with the Giants...DAMN!!!...makes me SICK!
Old 09-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #1383
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
UUUGGGHHH!!!!!...all players who leave us end up winning their heads up game against us the next year...makes me sick.

Deion won against us when he went to play with Baltimore, Bailey with the Broncos, LaVarr with the Giants...DAMN!!!...makes me SICK!
Can't argue your point. Hated seeing that bastard happy TODAY! All we had to do was show up to play 60 minutes of football...but no....thats almost like having to do your job!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:47 PM   #1384
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew54 View Post
Definitely bad calls, but play like a professional team and kick field goals when your in range, and take the penalties when they are there. That is on Zorn. When you start to get a head of steam running the ball, keep with it.

Terrible coaching and execution. Call a spade a spade. Take off the Rose colored glasses.
Hey Zorn went for it on 4th down and the O-Line got stuffed. I can't blame Zorn for having confidence to go for it. Our O-Line is soft as marshmellows. The penalty call pushed the Lions to 3rd and 23 we let Mathew Stafford run 23 yards for the 1st down. Thats just fukd up defense. Zorn is responsible for the team but his coaches better get the fire lit under our players asses or everyone will be looking for a new job.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:58 PM   #1385
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Jansen is so freakin happy.......
Fuk Jansen his ass was on the Sideline cheerleading. He collecting a check for the Lions not the Redskins. The Lions still suck and we will win more games than them.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:59 PM   #1386
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
Fuk Jansen his ass was on the Sideline cheerleading. He collecting a check for the Lions not the Redskins. The Lions still suck and we will win more games than them.
Agreed...that's what kills me (and I'll say it again)...the Lions will go back to their losing ways. I wish they could win so i could feel better about this loss, but they won't.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:59 PM   #1387
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
At one point in the game the Lions were 9-11 on 3rd down conversions. How the hell you let Stafford run for a 20 yard gain on 3rd and 13 or whatever it was? Are our linebackers that slow? Is he that fast? I dont think so.

That PI on Horton was horrible. The facemask pentaly should have sticked and I saw more PI on the lions and offsides that weren't called. Saying that the defense still sucked and couldn't stop ish!!
I agree. We have no pass rush which put pressure on our secondary. The Lions had all day to throw the ball.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:02 PM   #1388
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I absolutely agree. How is it that so much attention (AH, Orakpo, resigning Hall, supplementary draft-Jarmon) is given to the defense, and Blache continually gets a pass? We don't draft o-linemen and everybody gets on Zorn, some with good reason, some is BS. Portis couldn't get 1 yard for the TD? And Blache with all this talent can't get off the F'in field and makes a rookie QB look like all-pro.
Blache has such a vanilla defense that a Rookie QB toasted our asses. Change the DC and let Jerry Gray get a shot.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:10 PM   #1389
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post

\

and when Campbell is run out of town he will do the same thing. Mark my words. As unrealistic as some of you might think that is. We will be even sicker than when those guys won when we played them after they left.

If we draft or sign a QB next year. He better be sure fire. If not he will be run out of town also.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:13 PM   #1390
skins89moss
Playmaker

While we are calling for coaches to get fired you can also put JOE BUGLE in there as well. He is the O-Line coach and our O-Line is awful. He has not groomed any young lineman since he has returned with the Gibbs. He is not getting a free pass in my book because we can't run in the red zone. Zorn stop trying to run the ball in the Red Zone because the last 2 games we have been Stuffed ( Rams/Lions). O-Line = Marshmellows
We can't run block.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:16 PM   #1391
skins89moss
Playmaker

Why don't our smart coaching staff please give Anthony Alridge a chance to get into the offense. He would be good to get in space on screens and passes out of the back field. Damn we need him to strech the field.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:34 PM   #1392
dgack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
and when Campbell is run out of town he will do the same thing. Mark my words. As unrealistic as some of you might think that is.
I'm pretty confident in this as well. The only catch is going to be, will he go to a team where he gets to play right away and has some continuity with the offense.

There have only been a few QB's who have left town for sunnier shores who I really despised (Shuler and Schroeder, off the top of my head). Some, like Ramsey, I was fairly indifferent about.

I'll be rooting for Soup pretty much wherever he goes, just like I did Stan the Man when he led the Bolts to the Super Bowl. It's probably going to be best to have a backup team to root for next season anyway (another 1994 parallel!)
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:46 PM   #1393
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post
I'm pretty confident in this as well. The only catch is going to be, will he go to a team where he gets to play right away and has some continuity with the offense.

There have only been a few QB's who have left town for sunnier shores who I really despised (Shuler and Schroeder, off the top of my head). Some, like Ramsey, I was fairly indifferent about.

I'll be rooting for Soup pretty much wherever he goes, just like I did Stan the Man when he led the Bolts to the Super Bowl. It's probably going to be best to have a backup team to root for next season anyway (another 1994 parallel!)
Something tells me he is going to end up in Denver Tampa Bay Jacksonville or Carolina. On the rate he is going now he is goign to throw over 4,000 yards. But hey he the worse QB we ever had so lets ship him out of town (end sarcasm). Just better hope whomever we pick up doesn't flop. or it will be the same thing over again. Let's go back to some of our past QBs then put thing in perspective. Would you like to have Tony Banks, Jeff George, Danny Weurfel, Mark Brunell, Ramsey, Shane Mathews, Shuler, Frerotte, etc. Should I keep going?????

I'll honestly be happy for him when he leaves.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
Old 09-27-2009, 11:50 PM   #1394
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
Why don't our smart coaching staff please give Anthony Alridge a chance to get into the offense. He would be good to get in space on screens and passes out of the back field. Damn we need him to strech the field.
He was made active this game. I dont know why he didn't play. Guess they dont have any confidence in him either.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
Old 09-27-2009, 11:55 PM   #1395
GMScud
Swearinger

Great article by Boswell today:

washingtonpost.com