Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-08-2022, 12:05 PM   #1351
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Media Bias

Media bias to me is more on the audience and not the outlet.

Door A - strong conservative view like Fox, OAN, Redstate, hannity, carlson, jones

Door B - strong liberal view like CNN, huffington post, lemon, other people I dont watch

Door C - non-opinionated news, only considering direct quotes and/or reading from door A and door B and forming your own opinion.

You know what your getting when you click on a fox news or cnn article .. so why act surprised when you get served the meal you ordered? We are all reasonably minded adults.

Its funny to see people from Door A or Door B talking about the other Door being bias or not objective. Zero self awareness, just good sheep repeating the talking points theyve been repeatedly spoon fed.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-08-2022, 01:00 PM   #1352
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Media bias to me is more on the audience and not the outlet.

Door A - strong conservative view like Fox, OAN, Redstate, hannity, carlson, jones

Door B - strong liberal view like CNN, huffington post, lemon, other people I dont watch

Door C - non-opinionated news, only considering direct quotes and/or reading from door A and door B and forming your own opinion.

You know what your getting when you click on a fox news or cnn article .. so why act surprised when you get served the meal you ordered? We are all reasonably minded adults.

Its funny to see people from Door A or Door B talking about the other Door being bias or not objective. Zero self awareness, just good sheep repeating the talking points theyve been repeatedly spoon fed.
Man imagine leaving out MSNBC on door b…that would be more bias than CNN.

The large problem is this SS…it’s more a monopoly of Door B is the ABC, CBS, NBC, NYT, Washington Post… These aren’t cable networks.

And what we are seeing today has been a shift of people realizing this systemic bias where nobody trust or believes them. The gig is up. The data says most don’t trust them and they look else where.

So when you look elsewhere the corporate media feels threatened because then they can’t control the narratives along with losing capital. It’s what we have seen with Joe Rogan these last couple weeks…it’s what we’ve seen with Facebook the last couple years. They say misinformation but they have zero awareness of their own recent past lies and deceptions. Literally have been wrong on a lot of major news stories.

Michael Avenetti is going to go to prison. Thankfully. Michael Avenetti is liar who went on CNN and NBC news with someone who said Brett Kavenaugh was involved with gang rapes. Think about that. How does this happen?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 12:09 PM   #1353
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Man imagine leaving out MSNBC on door b…that would be more bias than CNN.

The large problem is this SS…it’s more a monopoly of Door B is the ABC, CBS, NBC, NYT, Washington Post… These aren’t cable networks.
Your post is a great example. Your post is just parrotting whatever Door A is peddling.

Now a days .. no one controls the narrative. You have a million voices on social media screaming a million different conspiracies and opinions.

You control the narrative Chico by Chico deciding what media Chico wants to pay attention to. That is Chico's narrative.

I control my narrative by paying attention to what I want to pay attention to.

This isnt 1973 where all Americans tuned into the same nightly news for information from Walter Cronkite.

---------------

We are all adults.

We are responsible for what media (narrative) we search for and who we decide to believe and not believe.

MSNBC is not for you.

Fox News is not for me.

I dont get all uppity when Fox News acts like Trumps campaign channel .. bc thats what Fox News does.
Old 02-09-2022, 01:52 PM   #1354
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Your post is a great example. Your post is just parrotting whatever Door A is peddling.

Now a days .. no one controls the narrative. You have a million voices on social media screaming a million different conspiracies and opinions.

You control the narrative Chico by Chico deciding what media Chico wants to pay attention to. That is Chico's narrative.

I control my narrative by paying attention to what I want to pay attention to.

This isnt 1973 where all Americans tuned into the same nightly news for information from Walter Cronkite.

---------------

We are all adults.

We are responsible for what media (narrative) we search for and who we decide to believe and not believe.

MSNBC is not for you.

Fox News is not for me.

I dont get all uppity when Fox News acts like Trumps campaign channel .. bc thats what Fox News does.
I don’t let a narrative control me, I let facts which leads to accountability and my choice on source of information to trust. Also, I’m able to discern opinion and narratives too and from the facts…and to be honest that’s a learned skill and experience. But the major issue here is when longtime trusted channels of information are corrupted by not fact checking, second sourcing, leaving out facts and context, killing stories b/c of political reasoning, or even flat out lying…then you have what’s happening today, a reckoning. People don’t trust nbc news, abc, cbs, NYT or the Washington Post anymore…we ain’t even speaking on cable news. It’s not me, it’s the polling my friend. They have failed and people are leaving in droves.

So when you get mad about Joe Rogan, Facebook, etc…think about how we got here. Corporate media made decisions that cost them.

You know more liberals watch Fox News than CNN and MSNBC?

Democrats With a Dirty Secret — They Watch Fox
https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...beral-00004843

He Gets Us
Old 02-09-2022, 02:25 PM   #1355
SunnySide
Playmaker

When you wrote "I dont let the narrative control me" ... I thought you finally got it.

I click on Fox news almost every day to check my daily confirmation bias box .. my bias that fox news is bias. Fox News to me and liberals are a train wreck and we check in just to peek in on the funny farm to confirm that "yup right wing conservatives are still hypocrites and bias .. as they scream about how everyone but them are bias".

Fox News never disappoints, they are always on brand all the time.

I never click on CNN or MSNBC.

I get my news form all over, here and reddit and I decide what articles to read to ignore. I read a ton of articles, vast majority are right wing. I want to know what the other side is thinking. But its hard bc you have to cut through all the hannity/Carlson BS to find actual thought out right wing articles that arent just bumper sticker "lock her up" kindergarten mind thinking.

nonniery does a good job of highlighting right wing articles that actually deserve time and thought. I can still walk away disagreeing but at least i read a cogent intelligent view point different from my own.

I control my own narrative. I control what media I read. I control what media I believe.

Honestly, I only give weight to direct quotes and videos at this point.

----------

This is just how I view the "media is the enemy" mantra. Its a sheep slogan. It means to me you cant think or make decisions for yourself.

if you think Fox news is not bias but CNN is ... or vice versa ... you are the bias. Youre a lemming imo.
Old 02-09-2022, 03:36 PM   #1356
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
It’s been delicious watching CNN rightfully crumble in 2022..karma for being a fake news factory

Chris Cuomo being fired
Police thankfully arresting and investigating cnn producers involved in child sex crimes
Jeff Zucker being stepping down before being fired

What a trash organization
chico , as long as your heros Hannity and Carlson are on FOX they are the Kings of BS media,.............move on .
Old 02-09-2022, 04:43 PM   #1357
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
When you wrote "I dont let the narrative control me" ... I thought you finally got it.

I click on Fox news almost every day to check my daily confirmation bias box .. my bias that fox news is bias. Fox News to me and liberals are a train wreck and we check in just to peek in on the funny farm to confirm that "yup right wing conservatives are still hypocrites and bias .. as they scream about how everyone but them are bias".

Fox News never disappoints, they are always on brand all the time.

I never click on CNN or MSNBC.

I get my news form all over, here and reddit and I decide what articles to read to ignore. I read a ton of articles, vast majority are right wing. I want to know what the other side is thinking. But its hard bc you have to cut through all the hannity/Carlson BS to find actual thought out right wing articles that arent just bumper sticker "lock her up" kindergarten mind thinking.

nonniery does a good job of highlighting right wing articles that actually deserve time and thought. I can still walk away disagreeing but at least i read a cogent intelligent view point different from my own.

I control my own narrative. I control what media I read. I control what media I believe.

Honestly, I only give weight to direct quotes and videos at this point.

----------

This is just how I view the "media is the enemy" mantra. Its a sheep slogan. It means to me you cant think or make decisions for yourself.

if you think Fox news is not bias but CNN is ... or vice versa ... you are the bias. Youre a lemming imo.
Man you are just hung up on Fox News…again you are not addressing 1 thing I’m saying. I never said once Fox News isn’t biased.

I’ve provided past examples and could this week…it wouldn’t matter. But the fact remains, misinformation is a corporate media problem which lead everyone including libs to distrust the national media including major news corps..they all guilty and it’s a reckoning.

He Gets Us
Old 02-09-2022, 09:11 PM   #1358
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Discussing the political news media is so Spider-Man...

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 09:57 AM   #1359
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Man you are just hung up on Fox News…again you are not addressing 1 thing I’m saying. I never said once Fox News isn’t biased.

I’ve provided past examples and could this week…it wouldn’t matter. But the fact remains, misinformation is a corporate media problem which lead everyone including libs to distrust the national media including major news corps..they all guilty and it’s a reckoning.
Have fun at the reckoning.

Drinks lots of water and use sunscreen.
Old 02-10-2022, 10:06 AM   #1360
nonniey
The Starter

I think the point Chico is trying to highlight is there are a lot more media outlets that are biased left with an exponentially larger audience than there are right biased outlets. I don't think that can be disputed. Problem is it seems virtually none of them (right or left) are even trying to be balanced anymore.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 10:33 AM   #1361
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The fact liberals have chosen to take positions to censor and silence media is really something else…the same ones that accuse everyone of being a nazi or fascist embraces the single, core element of fascism/totalitarianism: silence and elimination of every opposing opinion/positions

Fox news, Substack, Joe Rogan/Spotify, Dave Portney/Barstool, Facebook, Etc. It’s all because they can’t control it and think it should be canceled. Corporate media has attacked all these entities recently. Yet their general awareness to hold their own platforms and employees accountable in misinformation and false stories is leading the public away from them. Times up

He Gets Us
Old 02-10-2022, 10:38 AM   #1362
MTK
\m/

And on the right they're burning books and trying to control what schools teach. Spider man meme strikes again.
Old 02-10-2022, 11:54 AM   #1363
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
The fact liberals have chosen to take positions to censor and silence media is really something else…the same ones that accuse everyone of being a nazi or fascist embraces the single, core element of fascism/totalitarianism: silence and elimination of every opposing opinion/positions

Fox news, Substack, Joe Rogan/Spotify, Dave Portney/Barstool, Facebook, Etc. It’s all because they can’t control it and think it should be canceled. Corporate media has attacked all these entities recently. Yet their general awareness to hold their own platforms and employees accountable in misinformation and false stories is leading the public away from them. Times up
You ignorance knows no bounds!
Old 02-10-2022, 12:29 PM   #1364
MTK
\m/

Maybe we should call the gazpacho police
Old 02-10-2022, 01:15 PM   #1365
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post