Let's talk good beer

Parking Lot

Old 08-08-2020, 07:54 PM   #1351
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Let's talk good beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I've never been more than a social drinker but I'd go with Optimal Wit by Port City, that's pretty popular for a DMV beer. Everytime I go out my friends are always trying out new craft beers but I always go back to the familiar pale ale's lol.
Nothing wrong about sticking to your personal favorites.

I've bought a lot of six packs, to try something new, that I really didn't like.

I've narrowed it down to about 3 or 4 beers I constantly buy now.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-14-2020, 01:28 AM   #1352
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Went to BevMo today for the 1st time since February/March solely to get these...

Old 08-17-2020, 12:24 PM   #1353
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Nothing wrong about sticking to your personal favorites.

I've bought a lot of six packs, to try something new, that I really didn't like.

I've narrowed it down to about 3 or 4 beers I constantly buy now.
Yeah thats where im at. I let the freshest date make my decision btw Monument City 51, RAR country ride, Maine Lunch, occassionaly sculpin but they are always old nowadays.
Old 08-17-2020, 04:55 PM   #1354
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

We rented an RV for a month and traveled out west to see some of the National Parks. Here were some of my favorites that we picked up going through different states:

Indiana: Three Floyds Brewing Company: Space Station Middle Finger-American Pale Ale
South Dakota: Fernson Brewing Company: Shy Giant IPA, Curio Tart Ale
Montana: Big Sky Brewing Company: Moose Drool Brown Ale, Big Sky IPA; Lewis and Clark Brewing Company: Halo Huckleberry Hefe
Wyoming: Grand Teton Brewing Company: Teton Range IPA
Arizona: San Tan Brewing Company: Juicy Jack Juicy Hazy IPA, Hop Shock IPA; Devils Ale American Pale Ale

There were so many other good ones but those were the ones that jumped out to me.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:27 PM   #1355
kct1975
The Starter

So I am currently working part-time at a Lidl supermarket and they, of course sell German beer .

About a week ago, I decided to purchase some of the beer that they sell, after I got off of my shift.

I purchased the Perlenbacher Premium Lager at Lidl, and it was surprisingly good. It wasn't as good as the micro brews I've had in the past, but it was tasty and and went well with the Mexican dish I had made for dinner

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2020, 11:20 AM   #1356
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Foggy bottom -wholly crap I haven’t heard that name in many many years. It was them, Pete’s, Sierra Nevada, Sam Adams, honey brown, bass and a local beer wild goose(?)

Beer for the rest of my life?

Pliny the elder ... still the best drinker beer. Sip of sunshine as well.

But I think I’d go stout. Barrel aged first meal by RAR. Only had it twice but it left an impression
Wild Goose Snow Goose is one of the best winter beers I've ever had. Someone owns the name and recipes and is slowly trying to get back to market.

BA First Meal? I have 2 or 3 bottles lying around (BA 10 Layer as well). Good stuff.

Rest of my life? New Park Double Cloud. If you've had any TreeHouse beers, Double Cloud trumps any of the DIPAs that TreeHouse puts out. Amazingly refreshing, crushable, and just delicious.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:29 PM   #1357
SunnySide
Playmaker

Bruery's Sticky Maple .. bourbon BA imperial stout with maple syrup.

Really nice, def enjoyed my 16 oz but at 11.99 a can, makes it a bit too pricey plus there are going to be a million BA stouts coming our way over the next 4 months or so.

------------

Monument City changed the label to their 51 rye ... and I know its the same beer/recipe but I swear my brain was convinced it was different.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:03 AM   #1358
calia
Playmaker

Pliney the Elder is outstanding but hard to find. A restaurant near me has it on tap thankfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2020, 04:14 PM   #1359
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Making a Beer run to New England(Berkshires) next Friday! Hitting the Berkshires ,should be getting 5 cases' assorted Beer from these two Breweries.

https://www.berkshire-brewing.com/our-beers

Love the Steel Rail Extra Pale Ale...

https://www.bigelmbeer.com/

Lion's Ale ,it's awesome .

Lion's Ale - We brew this smooth English-style amber ale with our good friends at The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, MA. This beer has been crafted to pair greatly with most every meal and works well during any season, it is most often enjoyed at the historic inn with food and friends. 5.3% ABV
Old 09-08-2020, 10:54 AM   #1360
SunnySide
Playmaker

Singlecut's Jackknifed Juggernaut ... its a dry hopped 2x hazy ipa. it was good, those hazy fruit thick ipas arent my favorite but i wanted to try something different this week and singlecut makes good, albeit a lil too pricey beers.

-------------------

Had something that has never happened to me. Got a sixer of cans RAR country ride (simple tasty pale ale). I couldnt see the date as it was all smudgy but the store had a fresh shipment and RAR stuff is usually fresh. Get home, throw a few in the freezer to chill faster.

Pull one out and pour it and it has these like black/brown flakes in it. Ive had beer with trub (grayish cloudy mush) in it before, it wasnt that. Ive had plenty of bottle conditioned beers with yeast, it certainly wasnt that.

Google's only possible explanation was that it was a really old beer. But that doesnt really line up. All the rest of the cans were perfectly fine, RAR is usually fresh. Perhaps that can has a small exposure oxizidation biology thing going on?

I drank half of it then tossed it out.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:27 PM   #1361
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Post Re: Let's talk good beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Singlecut's Jackknifed Juggernaut ... its a dry hopped 2x hazy ipa. it was good, those hazy fruit thick ipas arent my favorite but i wanted to try something different this week and singlecut makes good, albeit a lil too pricey beers.

-------------------

Had something that has never happened to me. Got a sixer of cans RAR country ride (simple tasty pale ale). I couldnt see the date as it was all smudgy but the store had a fresh shipment and RAR stuff is usually fresh. Get home, throw a few in the freezer to chill faster.

Pull one out and pour it and it has these like black/brown flakes in it. Ive had beer with trub (grayish cloudy mush) in it before, it wasnt that. Ive had plenty of bottle conditioned beers with yeast, it certainly wasnt that.

Google's only possible explanation was that it was a really old beer. But that doesnt really line up. All the rest of the cans were perfectly fine, RAR is usually fresh. Perhaps that can has a small exposure oxizidation biology thing going on?

I drank half of it then tossed it out.
This belongs in the Let's talk bad beer thread. I have no idea what that is but sounds gross.
Old 09-08-2020, 03:15 PM   #1362
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I noticed something offensive recently at my fantasy football live draft...a couple guys (not trannys or anything) drinking white claws.

I had to pull one aside and ask if something was wrong...and discuss it with them. Nothing wrong, “they stay hydrated” Better when drinking...?

Still unacceptable correct?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:31 PM   #1363
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I noticed something offensive recently at my fantasy football live draft...a couple guys (not trannys or anything) drinking white claws.

I had to pull one aside and ask if something was wrong...and discuss it with them. Nothing wrong, “they stay hydrated” Better when drinking...?

Still unacceptable correct?
I don't mind hard seltzer sometimes but at a FF draft? C'mon man. Man cards officially revoked. I would have bought them a round of cheap ass tequila shots just to get their karma right.
Old 09-08-2020, 05:26 PM   #1364
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I don't mind hard seltzer sometimes but at a FF draft? C'mon man. Man cards officially revoked. I would have bought them a round of cheap ass tequila shots just to get their karma right.
I can drink 1 or 2 before the sweetness gets to me. But there is a time and a place. That ain't it. Turrible!
Old 09-10-2020, 11:02 AM   #1365
SunnySide
Playmaker

So I tend to read something said on here then go to google images to see if I can find a funny image to post. Chico mentioned Carson Wentz' vagina, I google image "carson wentz vagina", find photo and post it. He mentions his buddies drinking white claws and trannys.

DO

NOT

GOOGLE

SEARCH

"WHITE

CLAW

TRANNYS"

... especially at work.