Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 09-17-2021, 04:24 PM   #1351
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Fact checking is out the door my friend.

Listened to local radio station wbal this morning. The report is Maryland positivity rate is below 5% threshold. Supposed to be good news. We are doing well. I am not buying it at all I think fewer people are getting tested. Especially kids with quarantine protocols in schools and all
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-18-2021, 05:33 PM   #1352
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Reddit has, what I think, is a poor taste thread called the "Herman Cain Award" and it features people's social media posts mocking Covid then social media posts showing theyve died from Covid.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

What I find scary is the people on here dying arent 80 or 90 year olds. Theyre dads. Theyre 40 to 60 years old.

I just started taking an auto immune injection that changes the way my auto immune system responds.

Im 70/30 on masks. Most times I wear them in stores but Ill walk down a halfway or be at work without one. Im certainly exposing my self at times. I have various kn 95s. I think the cloth masks are useless.

I dont know man ... Im going to be more vigilant going forward. Daughter wanted to do laser tag but I had to say no. Be smarter.
r/HCA is not all bad - I think stories from inside the ER like this one can have a positive impact on the remaining misinformed holdouts.
Old 09-19-2021, 04:42 PM   #1353
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Reddit has, what I think, is a poor taste thread called the "Herman Cain Award" and it features people's social media posts mocking Covid then social media posts showing theyve died from Covid.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

What I find scary is the people on here dying arent 80 or 90 year olds. Theyre dads. Theyre 40 to 60 years old.

I just started taking an auto immune injection that changes the way my auto immune system responds.

Im 70/30 on masks. Most times I wear them in stores but Ill walk down a halfway or be at work without one. Im certainly exposing my self at times. I have various kn 95s. I think the cloth masks are useless.

I dont know man ... Im going to be more vigilant going forward. Daughter wanted to do laser tag but I had to say no. Be smarter.
What’s poor taste about it?
The vast majority are republicans pushing bullshit from Facebook and half of those people are openly racist. Fuck’em

These fools are constantly parroting foxnews bullshit without realizing foxnews corporate has a mask and vaccine mandate. Fox News just toys with their hive mentality.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 05:10 PM   #1354
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
The vast majority are republicans pushing bullshit from Facebook and half of those people are openly racist. Fuck’em

These fools are constantly parroting foxnews bullshit without realizing foxnews corporate has a mask and vaccine mandate. Fox News just toys with their hive mentality.
Omaha - I love you JamF. But man, I disagree with you so much on your political views.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 09-19-2021 at 05:54 PM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 06:57 PM   #1355
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

I think the poor taste is in making fun of people after they die.

But considering how those people lived - perpetuating disinformation and in some cases their personalities revolve around shitting on libs for practicing empathy I tend to not have sympathy for them in death.

As some like to say fuck around and find out. Well, you fucked around with covid and you found out. C'est la vie
Old 09-20-2021, 11:40 AM   #1356
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Omaha - I love you JamF. But man, I disagree with you so much on your political views.
Honestly I don't think we do, besides abortion which you say you refuse to talk about but you end up talking about it non stop.

Most of my gripes are in regards to racist bullshit. I have zero tolerance for that.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 12:02 PM   #1357
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Honestly I don't think we do, besides abortion which you say you refuse to talk about but you end up talking about it non stop.

Most of my gripes are in regards to racist bullshit. I have zero tolerance for that.
Haha, I'm a degenerate liar when it comes to not discussing politics in general, and abortion specifically.

I can't help myself. I want to stay away, but I just can't.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 12:12 PM   #1358
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I think the poor taste is in making fun of people after they die.

But considering how those people lived - perpetuating disinformation and in some cases their personalities revolve around shitting on libs for practicing empathy I tend to not have sympathy for them in death.

As some like to say fuck around and find out. Well, you fucked around with covid and you found out. C'est la vie
Yeah F em, do stupid shit win stupid prizes. F around with a deadly virus and you're just playing russian roulette with your life. Natural selection at it's finest.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:31 PM   #1359
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

It’s def in bad taste to run to a site like Reddit (which I find it humorous that people mad about Facebook but actively participate on Reddit which is ground zero for misinformation and conspiracy theories) and celebrate people dying from covid in a sexually gratification circle jerk.

That’s not normal but do you

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 03:52 PM   #1360
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It’s def in bad taste to run to a site like Reddit (which I find it humorous that people mad about Facebook but actively participate on Reddit which is ground zero for misinformation and conspiracy theories) and celebrate people dying from covid in a sexually gratification circle jerk.

That’s not normal but do you
Dang it's supposed to be sexually gratifying too? Shit, I missed that bit.

Don't disagree with you on Reddit being grounds for misinformation and conspiracy theories (they do welcome all kinds - up until the media starts hearing about vote brigading and harassment - then they take action only to protect their bottom line) but I'm definitely not celebrating them dying. Just don't have any sympathy for them - if I want to go play in traffic because some bs study I made up shows that more people who play in traffic live than die - I have to be willing to accept the consequences of such actions.

There's a tried-and-true formula on r/HCA.

Step 1: Misinformation pt1 pt2

Step 2: Prioritize faith over science

Step 3: Thoughts and prayers
Old 09-20-2021, 04:14 PM   #1361
SunnySide
Playmaker

I personally think the Herman Cain reddit thread is a negative energy thing, people posting and enjoying it are not "being the best human they can be" in that moment.

I didnt mention it for its morality but IM shocked at the type of people dying or in critical care bc of Covid.

These are average healthy people under 60. They are me. Going to a movie or restaurant, living life normal on Monday then in the ICU on Tuesday.

Its scary. I forgot the exact month I got my Pfizer but maybe april or may?

Is my shit wearing off?

Wish I had that Moderna. 100 (Moderna) to 30 (Pfizer) ratio in strength. Read pfizer watered theirs down for fears of side effects being trumpted as a reason to not take or bad PR.

Its shaking my perception it only is real deadly to old people or immuno compromised people.

The people dying now are you, your coworkers or the guy sitting next to you in car in traffic.

40-400 deaths a day in June for the US.

Now, its averaging 2k per day and its sky rocketing up.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html

Its sky rocketing up in deaths .. and we have the vaccine.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 11:53 AM   #1362
mredskins
Gamebreaker

this is very well done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DkQl0XigvM
Old 09-23-2021, 04:54 PM   #1363
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bl...cid=uxbndlbing

BLM Leaders Condemn NYC Vaccine Passport As Racist

These MAGAs….what can you do?

He Gets Us
Old 09-23-2021, 05:44 PM   #1364
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bl...cid=uxbndlbing

BLM Leaders Condemn NYC Vaccine Passport As Racist

These MAGAs….what can you do?
Did you read the article or are you just promoting liberal division because it's appealing to your cause?

BLM has started protesting because there are allegations that restaurant hostess who got beat up used a slur and called their vaxx cards fake.

Personally - without being there and without having audio/video evidence of such a crime it's hard for me to pick a side.
Old 09-23-2021, 05:54 PM   #1365
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Did you read the article or are you just promoting liberal division because it's appealing to your cause?

BLM has started protesting because there are allegations that restaurant hostess who got beat up used a slur and called their vaxx cards fake.

Personally - without being there and without having audio/video evidence of such a crime it's hard for me to pick a side.
They called the vaccine passport racist period.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-lives-m...200600400.html

Continue to spin it

He Gets Us