Forty whiners vs lackeymanders

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-31-2023, 06:09 PM   #121
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: Forty whiners vs lackeymanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
But in that position when a fg will keep u within a score you cant rush it. Take the sack. Hold onto the ball. You cannot just chuck it. Which is what it sounds like happened.
I watched Browning do that in the red zone for Cincy to save a FG instead of trying to force it in the first quarter. Game IQ

Advertisements
Old 12-31-2023, 06:36 PM   #122
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I watched Browning do that in the red zone for Cincy to save a FG instead of trying to force it in the first quarter. Game IQ
Trouble is it seems the coaches ( and media and fans) have been pounding the idea of not taking sacks into Howell that his play took a no dive as soon as he gave into that idea
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 07:10 PM   #123
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Trouble is it seems the coaches ( and media and fans) have been pounding the idea of not taking sacks into Howell that his play took a no dive as soon as he gave into that idea
This cuz the line n howell at times gave up too many
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 08:18 PM   #124
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I’ve watched every game except this one. Today I went to brunch with my coworkers, got lit and barely thought about the Commies. It was nice.

I’ll be back to my masochism for the last game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 09:15 PM   #125
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I’ve watched every game except this one. Today I went to brunch with my coworkers, got lit and barely thought about the Commies. It was nice.

I’ll be back to my masochism for the last game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dallas will need the win, we will get trounced. Better to get lit and barely think about it (of course I will probably not follow my own advice)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 09:29 PM   #126
jamf
Pro Bowl

Sam was a tease today. He made his first big boy throw to a WR beyond 40 yards. Then he shits the bed with terrible INTs.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 09:41 PM   #127
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Sam was a tease today. He made his first big boy throw to a WR beyond 40 yards. Then he shits the bed with terrible INTs.
Sam isn't the man but those two interceptions occurred because he was hit when he threw the ball.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 10:36 AM   #128
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Sam isn't the man but those two interceptions occurred because he was hit when he threw the ball.

He was only playing in his first full season in a insanely pass happy offense with a below average offensive line.....I think Sam's the guy and the offense needs to be constructed around him so he can truly settle in.....but there's no guarantee the new GM and HC rolls with him.
Old 01-01-2024, 11:00 AM   #129
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
He was only playing in his first full season in a insanely pass happy offense with a below average offensive line.....I think Sam's the guy and the offense needs to be constructed around him so he can truly settle in.....but there's no guarantee the new GM and HC rolls with him.
Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.

This team probably wins 4-6 more games if not for the colossal collapse on the defensive side this year. Sam's not going anywhere, but it would be tough to pass on one of the top 2 QBs in the draft. If I were a betting man, I would bet that the new regime drafts CW, DM, or JD. Sam & one of them battle it out for QB1.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 12:59 PM   #130
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I'd say it was nailed on we'll take a QB with our 1st pick. I mean, they might get a trade offer to consider, but the new guys can't be the idiots RR etc. have been in assessing value and available talent. So it would have to be a fantastic offer to give up what looks likely to be the #2 overall. And if it is a fantastic offer and they believe it means they can load up the roster in year 1 around Howell, I'm good with that too. If nothing else, what the 49ers have shown this owner first hand is how to use the draft, trades and FA wisely to build a solid roster (with just the Lance debacle as a black mark). Just like the Ravens, the organisation Harris espouses he wants to emulate. Lets hope he gets his wish.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 01:08 PM   #131
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post

This team probably wins 4-6 more games if not for the colossal collapse on the defensive side this year. Sam's not going anywhere, but it would be tough to pass on one of the top 2 QBs in the draft. If I were a betting man, I would bet that the new regime drafts CW, DM, or JD. Sam & one of them battle it out for QB1.
If you are picking a QB that high there will be no battle. Howell will be the backup, but I wonder whether he will be a trade chip at the deadline if a contending team loses its QB early in the season and gets desperate.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 01:19 PM   #132
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Unless it was a really good offer that would make little sense. We know Howell is capable, even if he only ever ends up a backup. He's very cheap and probably warrants extending then trading down the line when his trade value is possibly higher. And he's tough; ideal quality in a backup.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 01:21 PM   #133
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
I have to agree, Pritchard has not done Howell any favors. It shouldn't be too hard to teach a QB with Sam's arm strength to turn and throw the ball out of bounds and one yard from the LOS. Especially within 1 second and from shotgun
Old 01-01-2024, 01:44 PM   #134
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
I'd say it was nailed on we'll take a QB with our 1st pick. I mean, they might get a trade offer to consider, but the new guys can't be the idiots RR etc. have been in assessing value and available talent. So it would have to be a fantastic offer to give up what looks likely to be the #2 overall. And if it is a fantastic offer and they believe it means they can load up the roster in year 1 around Howell, I'm good with that too. If nothing else, what the 49ers have shown this owner first hand is how to use the draft, trades and FA wisely to build a solid roster (with just the Lance debacle as a black mark). Just like the Ravens, the organisation Harris espouses he wants to emulate. Lets hope he gets his wish.
It is very likely that whoever will be GM does not view QB1 currently on the roster. Right now there are a lot of options including rolling with Sam and they all give me hope.
Draft a top QB prospect
If they have a willing trade partner, trade back and still get a guy you like later in the first with additional draft capitol
or trade back with a willing trade partner take a flier on a late round QB and roll the dice again as we build roster through the draft.

We could have the same record next year as we did this year but the team and season could be enjoyable to watch.
Old 01-02-2024, 02:48 AM   #135
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post

Agreed