Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-20-2017, 11:35 AM   #121
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Media Bias

Police: Death of Muslim girl not believed to be a hate crime - CNN.com

Even when the facts are found, Fake News CNN tries there damnedest to twist them to write their own narrative. Read the last paragraph, completely unacceptable.

But what's funnier is this fact they completely leave out, from ABC News:

"Martinez Torres was arraigned Monday and denied bail pending a July 19 court appearance. A judge appointed him a public defender, whose office declined comment. Immigration authorities put a detainer on him, saying he's a citizen of El Salvador and there's probable cause to believe he lacks permission to be in the U.S."

ironic isn't it?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-20-2017, 05:03 PM   #122
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Police: Death of Muslim girl not believed to be a hate crime - CNN.com

Even when the facts are found, Fake News CNN tries there damnedest to twist them to write their own narrative. Read the last paragraph, completely unacceptable.

But what's funnier is this fact they completely leave out, from ABC News:

"Martinez Torres was arraigned Monday and denied bail pending a July 19 court appearance. A judge appointed him a public defender, whose office declined comment. Immigration authorities put a detainer on him, saying he's a citizen of El Salvador and there's probable cause to believe he lacks permission to be in the U.S."

ironic isn't it?
Chico , honestly trying to understand your bitch here.?One news network had more info than the other one,doesn't make it false ...........just not as good.What exactly are you upset with at CNN and if you hate them that much why are you watching them?
Old 06-20-2017, 05:41 PM   #123
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Police: Death of Muslim girl not believed to be a hate crime - CNN.comBut what's funnier is this fact they completely leave out, from ABC News:

ironic isn't it?
No, it's not at all ironic nor is it funny.
Legally entering the country with brown skin and illegally entering the country are not the same thing despite what your deity has lead you to believe.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:26 PM   #124
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Chico , honestly trying to understand your bitch here.?One news network had more info than the other one,doesn't make it false ...........just not as good.What exactly are you upset with at CNN and if you hate them that much why are you watching them?
Chelsea Clinton accuses Bannon of 'fat shaming' Sean Spicer - CNNPolitics.com

Dude they are running an article about bullying in the White House because they are accusing someone of fat shaming. Fat shaming on the front page. Chelsea Clinton is upset because of fat shaming. They are accusing the administration of fat shaming. Think about that. Fat shaming.

What an oppressive regime.

He Gets Us
Old 06-20-2017, 10:54 PM   #125
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Dude they are running an article about bullying in the White House because they are accusing someone of fat shaming. Fat shaming on the front page. Chelsea Clinton is upset because of fat shaming. They are accusing the administration of fat shaming. Think about that. Fat shaming.

Do you really consider this an article? It's garbage, it's literally one person's opinion about shit that went down. Idc who publishes it, if I see it on MSN I ignore it. Why does one person's opinion hold more weight than any of yours? It doesn't, even if that person gets their opinion published by a major outlet. Chico I know you have thicker skin than this. You need to separate actual, factual, news, from nonsense bullshit like this posted on any media website.

Yes, I read MSN every day. But you know what? I ignore all the opinion pieces, because I don't give a shit about other random people's opinions. Especially the ones in the media because they are literally getting paid based off whatever nonsense opinion they can get the most clicks on. You ever wonder why idiots like Colin Cowherd get snatched up as soon as their longtime former network gives them the boot? It's because idiotic opinions sell. Idiot fans are going to tune in because they like what they have to say. Haters are also gonna tune in because they want to discuss what an idiot he is.

The only difference between me and them is the fact that I consider my time to be too valuable to waste it listening to morons. This drivel is all over the web, and it's because news outlets used to have journalistic standards and integrity and when that stopped selling they had to resort to desperate measures to keep the money flowing in. That's why the newspaper is a dying medium and there are paywalls on sites like WaPo, because you can't have people reading the content for free.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:41 AM   #126
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
No, it's not at all ironic nor is it funny.
Legally entering the country with brown skin and illegally entering the country are not the same thing despite what your deity has lead you to believe.
The coverage is ironic and funny...the act is horrific and a nightmare for the family. When this crime initially happened cnn and MSNBC starting sending out the bat sign as a hate crime against Muslim. They did this period..that's how the coverage was framed. Falsely framed. Snowflakes took to social media to condemn everyone from trump to Christianity. The rhetorical "terrorism" term thrown around, which means less and less these days.

And then the facts came out...and it killed the story. The facts killed the coverage and the narrative. It's fucking pathetic.

Weren't we just here last week saying step back and stop the political hate speech? Media should stop inciting these false narratives.

He Gets Us
Old 06-21-2017, 09:15 AM   #127
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

I know we don't agree politically but on this I just don't see where one artical has anything to do with the other.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #128
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

CNN bias in view in this picture.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:29 AM   #129
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
The coverage is ironic and funny...the act is horrific and a nightmare for the family. When this crime initially happened cnn and MSNBC starting sending out the bat sign as a hate crime against Muslim. They did this period..that's how the coverage was framed. Falsely framed. Snowflakes took to social media to condemn everyone from trump to Christianity. The rhetorical "terrorism" term thrown around, which means less and less these days.

And then the facts came out...and it killed the story. The facts killed the coverage and the narrative. It's fucking pathetic.

Weren't we just here last week saying step back and stop the political hate speech? Media should stop inciting these false narratives.
I agree. The problem is the race to be first takes precedence over reporting only facts. How do we solve this problem? I'd say vote with our clicks but that strategy seems to be abandoned in favor of the "I need to have an opinion and be up-to-date on all current events" strategy.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:44 AM   #130
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

oops..edit.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:35 PM   #131
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Old 06-24-2017, 12:51 PM   #132
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

That gif is lacking a bunch of exclamation points. Also we don't know the IQ of the motorcycle driver. If it's low then that could be accurate.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:00 PM   #133
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
That gif is lacking a bunch of exclamation points. Also we don't know the IQ of the motorcycle driver. If it's low then that could be accurate.
To me it looks just looks like a metaphor for anger in the internet world and that motorcyclist is the troll.

He Gets Us
Old 06-26-2017, 08:16 PM   #134
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.buzzfeed.com/passantino/...KLd#.nwz8ND5NZ

Three journalists leaving CNN after retracted article - Jun. 26, 2017

Looks like got caught with fake news

He Gets Us
Old 06-26-2017, 08:36 PM   #135