Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

So... The Government is Shut Down...

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #121
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Seems like your chosing Party over Country. Interesting.

Because thats what it is, these politicians dont really care about their own people or this country, they putting party in front of their country. So screw my neighbor and my community, Im upset our party has lost multiple times at the polls, so we are going to do everything possible to shut down the government.

Get over it, you lost again! The people voted and the majority chose affordable health care.

I may not like it, you may not like it, but you cant try to change the will of the people. It doesnt work like that, and the Party will end up hurting itself even more.
Its actually the other way around. We currently have a 17 trillion dollar dept which is going to sink us but who cares lets just keep raising the debt ceiling. Our kids can pay for this.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #122
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
What if someone wants to commit a crime at the memorial? Vandalize the memorial? We need personnel to be watching such spots but those folks are all out of jobs. That's why parks and memorials stay closed.

Don't you lock the doors of your house when you are not going to be at home? Same idea.

Really that's your argument. The WWII memorial has no doors its open unguarded 24/7 and the beach I was talking also has no doors. I guess someone could steal a shell or two.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #123
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
On one thing he said he would not negotiate ,he also said he would listen to anything and that he would welcome an open dialog.
It was actually two things. Obama care and the debt ceiling but he has no problem with delaying the parts of Obama care as he wants. The Rep agreed to vote if Obama would implement the entire law as passed but he refused.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #124
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
It was actually two things. Obama care and the debt ceiling but he has no problem with delaying the parts of Obama care as he wants. The Rep agreed to vote if Obama would implement the entire law as passed but he refused.

There is no such thing as Obama Care .
Old 10-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #125
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Really that's your argument. The WWII memorial has no doors its open unguarded 24/7 and the beach I was talking also has no doors. I guess someone could steal a shell or two.
My guess is that the memorial and the beach both have security in the form of park rangers who check in on them from time to time.

But even more, you can't shut down some federal landmarks and leave others open. And there definitely are federal landmarks which can be vandalized, serve as crime locations, etc.

It's the Tea Party which caused this situation. Take your frustration up with them.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #126
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
It's the Tea Party which caused this situation. Take your frustration up with them.

While I agree 100% with you , no Republican will ever admit that it is ,their motto is blame the black man .
Old 10-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #127
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
While I agree 100% with you , no Republican will ever admit that it is ,their motto is blame the black man .
Some non-Tea Party Republicans also blame the Tea Party and agree with you that the Tea Party is patently racist. Some.
We won more with Vinny
Old 10-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #128
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Some non-Tea Party Republicans also blame the Tea Party and agree with you that the Tea Party is patently racist. Some.
That's such a crock of shit. Usually its the racist that point the finger first.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #129
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
That's such a crock of shit. Usually its the racist that point the finger first.
I am hardly the first to make that observation.
We won more with Vinny
Old 10-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #130
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Rallier tells Obama to ‘put the Quran down’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"I call upon all of you to wage a second American nonviolent revolution, to use civil disobedience, and to demand that this president leave town, to get up, to put the Quran down, to get up off his knees, and to figuratively come out with his hands up," said Larry Klayman of Freedom Watch, a conservative political advocacy group.

When the right aligns themselves with wackos like this I just shake my head. This guy is a flat out nut.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #131
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Rallier tells Obama to ‘put the Quran down’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"I call upon all of you to wage a second American nonviolent revolution, to use civil disobedience, and to demand that this president leave town, to get up, to put the Quran down, to get up off his knees, and to figuratively come out with his hands up," said Larry Klayman of Freedom Watch, a conservative political advocacy group.

When the right aligns themselves with wackos like this I just shake my head. This guy is a flat out nut.
Edit posted twice
Old 10-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #132
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:

Both sides have wackos. You can't help who aligns with the party.

Death Threats Against Bush at Protests Ignored for Years · zomblog
Old 10-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #133
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:

I cannot understand the Obama-is-a-Muslim argument. It was wrong 6 years ago, it's wrong now. Where have those people been? It seems some people really do live under rocks.
We won more with Vinny
Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #134
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
I am hardly the first to make that observation.
Yes the left has tried to paint them that way for years.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #135
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Chris Van Hollen Busts GOP For Secretly 'Altering' Law To Facilitate The Shutdown (VIDEO) | Liberals Unite

Quote:
Late in the evening on September 30, 2013, the House Rules Committee Republicans changed the Rules of the House so that the ONLY Member allowed to call up the Senate’s clean CR for a vote was Majority Leader Eric Cantor or his designee — all but guaranteeing the government would shut down a few hours later and would stay shut down. Previously, any Member would have had the right to bring the CR up for a vote.
Still think this is the Democrats doing? Don't those moderate Republicans know they are going to lose their spots in the house? Sure, some of those Tea Tards gerrymandered their district ensuring their re-election, but many are locations where they could (and probably will) be voted out.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote