Advertisements
Old 10-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #122
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
How did the offense lose the game? lol
The defense lost the game by giving up a 77 yd TD to Cruz. The offense contributed to this by turning the ball over 3 times, going 0-2 in the red zone, only getting three points off turnovers, and not scoring any points in the 3rd quarter.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #123
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Raheem Morris: Safety
Old 10-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #124
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Another solid post jdc. There's no doubt Eli to Cruz is one of the better pairs in pro football. Who's to say Williams would have made the play had he been positioned correctly before the snap? At least he'd have the chance...

But it was the offense that really lost this game. What comes next there?
Sorry, "What comes next there?". Hopefully, more of the same minus the turnovers and a return to the red zone efficiency they have shown all year.

You complained that they were not protecting RGIII: Adjustments were made to create less exposure for him and he is learning to protect himself.

You complained they weren't converting on third downs: Last two weeks have seen substantial improvements in the percentages.

You complain, consistently, that they are predictable. That predictability has led to one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL this year.

I have yet, and maybe I missed it, to see some acknowledgement of the vast improvement this offense has made from last year to this and, if you assert that the improvement is due to RGIII, an acknowledgement of the schematic adjustments that were made to take advantage of RGIII's rare abilities and skills.

I have never "ignored" anyone, but your pedantic criticism is really making me rethink that policy.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #125
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Good read:

DALY: No quick fix for Redskins' dreadful secondary - Washington Times
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #126
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I have come to the conclusion that you are the worse poster here.

The setup before the snap was a organized double team to anticipate the option route. The Giants ran the option route, and the play call for the defense was perfect. If you watch the play.. Williams was stoned and his feet flat. So Cruz ran right by him..
You play prevent there. Safetey all the way back. Thats it. If we played them tomorrow and it wound up the same way - that is exactly what we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #127
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Another solid post jdc. There's no doubt Eli to Cruz is one of the better pairs in pro football. Who's to say Williams would have made the play had he been positioned correctly before the snap? At least he'd have the chance...

But it was the offense that really lost this game. What comes next there?
I dont know Goat. I am of the school of thought that RG-3 is keeping alot of jobs safe. Alot of coaches that have won one playoff game in 13 years( i wont say any names). However, I am very impressed with A-Mo, the O-line, and of course RG-3. I cant really blame the offense for anything.
There were some ball protection problems but that happens to everyone.
Lets see if we can somehow fix our defense during this off season. We dont even have to fix it alot - just alittle bit, and that should put us on the winning end of alot of games.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #128
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
You play prevent there. Safetey all the way back. Thats it. If we played them tomorrow and it wound up the same way - that is exactly what we do.

I keep seeing Prevent, but fact is a FG ties it so you can't go full prevent.

One article I saw said that the Cowboys played it the way it should be done against the Panthers, but they panthers NEEDED a TD a FG was useless to them. In our game the FG wasn't useless, so we had to protect more of the field, and in the end we got burned, as we have many times in the past, whether under GB or Haslett or any for the last 10 years
Old 10-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #129
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I keep seeing Prevent, but fact is a FG ties it so you can't go full prevent.

One article I saw said that the Cowboys played it the way it should be done against the Panthers, but they panthers NEEDED a TD a FG was useless to them. In our game the FG wasn't useless, so we had to protect more of the field, and in the end we got burned, as we have many times in the past, whether under GB or Haslett or any for the last 10 years
I am totally playing for OT in that position and hoping for Eli to miss some short throws ( like he was all game), or a missed FG, or a turnover. I know how dangerous that offense is in the last two minutes of the game - if you have watched them play during the last ten years you know too. The one and only thing im gaurding against is the long ball and prevent is the way to do that. Not double covering Cruz with a cripple and a crapple.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #130
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I am totally playing for OT in that position and hoping for Eli to miss some short throws ( like he was all game), or a missed FG, or a turnover. I know how dangerous that offense is in the last two minutes of the game - if you have watched them play during the last ten years you know too. The one and only thing im gaurding against is the long ball and prevent is the way to do that. Not double covering Cruz with a cripple and a crapple.

I said jokingly somewhere else, but honestly their quickstrike was a better play for us. If Moss doesn't fumble, our offense has as good a chance to score another winning TD with the time on the clock. Dink Dunk and still get the TD, as one expects Manning to do, - I don't expect him in the last 2 minutes to give a turnover, or Tynes to miss the FG - and we have no time left.

There is no doubt the Skins need to figure out a solution, I just don't know that that solution is even a twinkle in Shanny's eye yet.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #131
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I have come to the conclusion that you are the worse poster here.

The setup before the snap was a organized double team to anticipate the option route. The Giants ran the option route, and the play call for the defense was perfect. If you watch the play.. Williams was stoned and his feet flat. So Cruz ran right by him..
The double team was "half" the story, which Haslett got right. The other half of the story is positioning your backup, slower FS 25 yds or so off the LOS instead of about 12 yds off. Again, giving up 5, 10, even 15 yards is ok, and especially if you keep them from getting out of bounds. What you cannot give up in the situation is a TD. With Eli to Cruz one of the premier TD pairs in the league you have to expect it.

You don't have to read my posts son, use the ignore list.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #132
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I said jokingly somewhere else, but honestly their quickstrike was a better play for us. If Moss doesn't fumble, our offense has as good a chance to score another winning TD with the time on the clock. Dink Dunk and still get the TD, as one expects Manning to do, - I don't expect him in the last 2 minutes to give a turnover, or Tynes to miss the FG - and we have no time left.

There is no doubt the Skins need to figure out a solution, I just don't know that that solution is even a twinkle in Shanny's eye yet.
Our d is so bad that i was thinking the same thing when Cruz was running "go go save us the time!" Lol.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #133
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
The double team was "half" the story, which Haslett got right. The other half of the story is positioning your backup, slower FS 25 yds or so off the LOS instead of about 12 yds off. Again, giving up 5, 10, even 15 yards is ok, and especially if you keep them from getting out of bounds. What you cannot give up in the situation is a TD. With Eli to Cruz one of the premier TD pairs in the league you have to expect it.

You don't have to read my posts son, use the ignore list.
Exactly. Williams 10 yards off the line of scrimmage as your last line of defense? Wtf? We would gave been better off putting a gatorade cooler on wheels 20 yards off and taking williams off the field! Lol

Edit: anyone who defends where Williams was positioned ( which is where the coaches wanted him- not xbox blah blah blah ) , has not noticed that we have been a wee bit susceptible to the long ball this year! If it was 3rd and 15 early in the game than sure it was a good scheme/ playcall. Not with 1:30 left in the freaking game when a giants td beats us!!!!! Ugggh.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #134
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Sorry, "What comes next there?". Hopefully, more of the same minus the turnovers and a return to the red zone efficiency they have shown all year.

You complained that they were not protecting RGIII: Adjustments were made to create less exposure for him and he is learning to protect himself.

You complained they weren't converting on third downs: Last two weeks have seen substantial improvements in the percentages.

You complain, consistently, that they are predictable. That predictability has led to one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL this year.

I have yet, and maybe I missed it, to see some acknowledgement of the vast improvement this offense has made from last year to this and, if you assert that the improvement is due to RGIII, an acknowledgement of the schematic adjustments that were made to take advantage of RGIII's rare abilities and skills.

I have never "ignored" anyone, but your pedantic criticism is really making me rethink that policy.
I've used the ignore feature quite a bit and it makes the TWP experience all the better. Come out and say hello from time to time.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #135
RGIII

Williams should've been thinking in that situation, "I can't allow my slow ass to get burned in this situation so, let me back the **** up".
RGIII is offline   Reply With Quote