Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 09:14 AM   #121
Skins fan 44
Impact Rookie

Re: Lavar Arrington calls Joe Gibbs a Coward

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I think the money was the final factor that drew Gibbs back out of retirement. I'm sure 1 or 2 million and Gibbs would have never left his racing team, 3 million HMMMM, 4 to 5 By George Snyder we have a deal and then he lets out that quirky laugh.
Money was not a factor. He did not need the money. His nascar teams were doing great and still are. If you are Snyder would you be giving him less then what Spurrier made of 5 million a season? That would of been a big slap in the face to him.

Advertisements
Old 11-16-2008, 09:22 AM   #122
doughtydoubter
Impact Rookie

ummm i think there is alays more than meets the eye. I dont buy into the fact that joe gibbs is a saint of reason and all goodliness like some people. And im sure there was more to the lavar thing than we will ever know.
Hes pissed, and i think we al can agree some stuff sounds a little crazy, BUT I dont know if it is all just piss and vinegar from lavar.
i dont know what joes reasons for leaving were...maybe it was his grandson, maybe it was nascar, either way he saw a game that he once dominated pass im by in the four years he was here. That has to be humbling and perhaps it did invoke some cowardice in his "legendary" ego.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:12 AM   #123
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
LA is nuts. He says Gibbs owes LA a bigger explanation than he owes Gibbs for his comments. Wow.

What a rambling, big head FUCKING IDIOT!! To me this guy will never be considered a Redskin, ban his Lavar (ASS) from every Redskin stat. If I was Dan Snyder I put him in the ring of Toilets in every bathroom at Fedex field.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #124
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
What a rambling, big head FUCKING IDIOT!! To me this guy will never be considered a Redskin, ban his Lavar (ASS) from every Redskin stat. If I was Dan Snyder I put him in the ring of Toilets in every bathroom at Fedex field.
I like the ring of toilets !! For a man who used "LT" to describe himself ,,, maybe ,,, overrated and lazy would fit him better .
Old 11-16-2008, 12:33 PM   #125
johnerotten

HEY FRED,i'm using your last post as my new signature.don't expect any royalities ok?
LA is nothing but a glorified piss boy!
Old 11-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #126
SkinDogg
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughtydoubter View Post
ummm i think there is alays more than meets the eye. I dont buy into the fact that joe gibbs is a saint of reason and all goodliness like some people. And im sure there was more to the lavar thing than we will ever know.
Hes pissed, and i think we al can agree some stuff sounds a little crazy, BUT I dont know if it is all just piss and vinegar from lavar.
i dont know what joes reasons for leaving were...maybe it was his grandson, maybe it was nascar, either way he saw a game that he once dominated pass im by in the four years he was here. That has to be humbling and perhaps it did invoke some cowardice in his "legendary" ego.
We're also calling out Levar on his stupidity. Take for instance the Gibbs-Theismann relationship -- never a cozy one. But Joey T knew from the jump, that if he ever wanted to work in this town again, this was the ONE time he had to keep his mouth shut. Same is said of the rocky relationship between Sonny Jurgenson and George Allen. Sad for Levar that he's not making the same conclusion, or gaging the loyalty of the fans he played for.

No matter what, Gibbs brought us 4 Bowls and 3 Rings. It's our job as fans to defend that.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:20 PM   #127
johnerotten

Quote:
No matter what, Gibbs brought us 4 Bowls and 3 Rings. It's our job as fans to defend that.
you are so right dude.we don't owe lavar arrington jack shit,we owe joe gibbs nearly everything.i'll never say anything but good things about the man.
L.A. is a great college player who could have been a hall of famer,he just started believing all his press clippings and never listened to his coaches,that,s why he had such a short career.the bike wreck was payback for his being such an asshole.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:37 PM   #128
thomasfan31
Camp Scrub

Why should we care what Lavar thinks? He isn't on this team anymore nor is he even in the NFL? His 15 minutes of fame are over. Wish he would realize that and move on.....and we should too. Let's stop the Lavar bashing because he once WAS a good player and move on.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:30 PM   #129
SkinDogg
Special Teams

Predictably, just about everybody sided with Gibbs, and now that list includes current Redskins running back and former Arrington teammate Clinton Portis.

Portis appeared on Michael Irvin's radio show and offered this (via the Sports Bog):

"I think Coach Gibbs one of the best men you could ever be in life," Portis said. "I think he's one of the best men as far as guidance, or the way he live his life, an example of a true champion. And you know, the other guy [added], I can't speak for why he would come out and say that. I don't know what's on his mind, I don't know what it is. But I think, and the guys around this team think Coach Gibbs was a great guy. I think he changed a lot of our lives as far as getting the onus [on] being a man and taking the lead and putting it on you. Making you tougher, making you understand right from wrong, trying to get guys to live for God and give their life to Christ, and I think that's the guidance you need.

"You know, a lot of people would say he didn't succeed in his return to D.C.," Portis continued, "but I think he put together this team that we have right now that's winning. So I think he did his part. You know, it just wasn't our time for us to win, but I think he left a great foundation for Coach Zorn and we're on the right path."

After some water and a Clif bar, Portis continued:

"I'm just saying LaVar, I don't know why he would come out and say that," he said. "If he's got mixed emotions about Coach Gibbs, that's him. I don't know. To me, to the guys that I know around here, I think Coach Gibbs meant a lot. Whatever happened between LaVar and Coach Gibbs, I don't know about."
Old 11-16-2008, 07:07 PM   #130
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Locking this thread, LaVar doesn't deserve any more of our time on this. It's time for DALLASSSSSSSSS!