Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-02-2021, 02:10 PM   #121
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Also some light reading pointing to fundamentals and policy in the Trump economy which made it superior to his predecessor

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...r-than-obama-s

Not only did the unemployment rate continue to fall, but the percentage of Americans aged 25 to 54 either employed or looking for a job saw its first sustained rise since the late 1980s. This inflection point changed the character of the labor market.

In 2016, real median household income was $62,898, just $257 above its level in 1999. Over the next three years it grew almost $6,000, to $68,703. That’s perhaps why, despite the pandemic, 56% of U.S. voters polled last month said their families were better off today than they were four years ago.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-02-2021, 02:15 PM   #122
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.businessinsider.com/nanc...-offer-2020-12

At her weekly press conference on Friday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi defended her support of a stimulus package half the size of what the Trump administration offered in October.

Filibustered one and rejected another.

Old forgotten news I guess...
The problem is we're always in a race towards the bottom. Both sides act like assholes, then complain that the other side are bigger assholes, so therefore their assholes don't stink.

Where is the fucking leadership? Republicans have a chance here to move forwards and get an agreement done. Do it, so we can move forward with other legislation.

Note - Pelosi is an evil piece of shit and this was true well before COVID. Every politician should try to be the exact opposite of her.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 02:18 PM   #123
SunnySide
Playmaker

roughly 158 million americans recd some form of stimulus check form the most recent $600. Not all of the 158M americans recd the full $600 bc of sliding scale income caps.

221.2 Billion Dollars = if 158 million americans get the full 1,400 (the actual number wont be this high bc this doesnt take into account the reduced pmts on sliding scale income)

350 Billion = state/local/tribe relief

170 B = schools k-12 (repub only want 20B going to schools)

20 B = national vaccine program

^^ thats 761.2 billion dollars .. where the fuck is the other 1.2 TRILLION DOLLARS GOING to from the dems 1.9T proposal? Ive read a "slew of other programs" ...

Dems need to give me a god damn pie chart explaining this to me like im a five year old.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/02/coro...lief-bill.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ck-calculator/
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 02:18 PM   #124
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Also some light reading pointing to fundamentals and policy in the Trump economy which made it superior to his predecessor

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...r-than-obama-s

Not only did the unemployment rate continue to fall, but the percentage of Americans aged 25 to 54 either employed or looking for a job saw its first sustained rise since the late 1980s. This inflection point changed the character of the labor market.

In 2016, real median household income was $62,898, just $257 above its level in 1999. Over the next three years it grew almost $6,000, to $68,703. That’s perhaps why, despite the pandemic, 56% of U.S. voters polled last month said their families were better off today than they were four years ago.
If COVID never happened, Trump would definitely still be president. The economy is always the number 1 issue among most mainstream voters. China Joe definitely benefited from COVID.
Old 02-02-2021, 02:20 PM   #125
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
roughly 158 million americans recd some form of stimulus check form the most recent $600. Not all of the 158M americans recd the full $600 bc of sliding scale income caps.

221.2 Billion Dollars = if 158 million americans get the full 1,400 (the actual number wont be this high bc this doesnt take into account the reduced pmts on sliding scale income)

350 Billion = state/local/tribe relief

170 B = schools k-12 (repub only want 20B going to schools)

20 B = national vaccine program

^^ thats 761.2 billion dollars .. where the fuck is the other 1.2 TRILLION DOLLARS GOING to from the dems 1.9T proposal? Ive read a "slew of other programs" ...

Dems need to give me a god damn pie chart explaining this to me like im a five year old.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/02/coro...lief-bill.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ck-calculator/
Please CC me on this pie chart email. I'd also like to know. But this applies to any spending bill no matter who passed it.
Old 02-02-2021, 02:27 PM   #126
SunnySide
Playmaker

Covid was a silver platter handed to the man .. all he had to do was show the tiniest bit of leadership .. instead he viewed it as some personal hoax attack on him. in times of national crisis (9/11 .. war) presidents get a huge bump bc the country usually comes together in tough times.

Instead he somehow fucked that up. Fuck him.

Also .. the economy DOES NOT equal the stock market. The economy was not great. GDP was plateud and never made it to 4% annually as promised, the tax proposal and cuts passed under "budget reconciliation" by the Rs for the 1% and corporations DID NOT pay for themselves and cost us money .. all the while we racked up huge national debt when we were not in a recession or depression ...and we started a trade war with China that caused us to over bail out our farmers just so Rs could buy the farmer votes.

if you think the economy was great ... you should probably stop eating those crayons.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 02:47 PM   #127
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
If COVID never happened, Trump would definitely still be president. The economy is always the number 1 issue among most mainstream voters. China Joe definitely benefited from COVID.
The lead has been buried...the Trump economy saved the country from a potential collapse in the face a pandemic unlike anything seen in 100 years.

He Gets Us
Old 02-02-2021, 02:50 PM   #128
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Nobody should get relief checks if they haven’t been impacted by covid. If you make the same money or more, you shouldn’t get a dime
What do you call "being impacted"???Please give us your wisdom?

Last edited by Giantone; 02-02-2021 at 06:19 PM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 02:58 PM   #129
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Covid was a silver platter handed to the man .. all he had to do was show the tiniest bit of leadership .. instead he viewed it as some personal hoax attack on him. in times of national crisis (9/11 .. war) presidents get a huge bump bc the country usually comes together in tough times.

Also .. the economy DOES NOT equal the stock market. The economy was not great. GDP was plateud and never made it to 4% annually as promised, the tax proposal and cuts passed under "budget reconciliation" by the Rs for the 1% and corporations DID NOT pay for themselves and cost us money .. all the while we racked up huge national debt when we were not in a recession or depression ...and we started a trade war with China that caused us to over bail out our farmers just so Rs could buy the farmer votes.

if you think the economy was great ... you should probably stop eating those crayons.
That’s a hellavu take buddy. I guess the vaccination was just what then what to Biden

On what planet would you argue the economy was bad? Lol...forget the stock market, nobody mentioned it. Read the fundamentals, speak for themselves...not only did unemployment see records..but all time record low for minorities. The biggest thing is we saw wage growth, something not seen under Obama.

You have to be a complete hack to think the economy was bad under trump. Best part is the strategy and policy directives answer.

He Gets Us
Old 02-02-2021, 03:00 PM   #130
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Covid silver platter....just an unbelievable take.

Sunnyside you know I love ya. Still not the boldest take... mooby came over agreeing w/me saying shooting unarmed rioters was in scope. Probably my fav moment.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 02-02-2021 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2021, 04:01 PM   #131
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

So. Let's all take a deep breath - Chico you know you arent going to win arguments here about the last 4 years, and both sides live in the state of hypocrisy so let's not try to attack Biden for things Trump and Obama and Bush all were guilty of.

The Democrats have the House Senate and Presidency so at this point the Republicans need to set down and make the case when it is election time. Every issue does not have to be the end of the world.

Marijuana- legalize it and commute en masse misdemeanor drug convections since 2000

Federal Minimum wage - add CoLA to it (dont understand why they didnt do something like that to begin with) and set it at 15

Immigration i dont know the solution but put something in place.

Obamacare - fix it. The republicans couldnt repeal it so now come up with a plan that actually works.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 04:03 PM   #132
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
So. Let's all take a deep breath - Chico you know you arent going to win arguments here about the last 4 years, and both sides live in the state of hypocrisy so let's not try to attack Biden for things Trump and Obama and Bush all were guilty of.

The Democrats have the House Senate and Presidency so at this point the Republicans need to set down and make the case when it is election time. Every issue does not have to be the end of the world.

Marijuana- legalize it and commute en masse misdemeanor drug convections since 2000

Federal Minimum wage - add CoLA to it (dont understand why they didnt do something like that to begin with) and set it at 15

Immigration i dont know the solution but put something in place.

Obamacare - fix it. The republicans couldnt repeal it so now come up with a plan that actually works.

To be clear I dont think all these policies are good but the Rep.s lost so I recognize the Dems need to and should pass the programs they campaigned on.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 06:20 PM   #133
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Nobody should get relief checks if they haven’t been impacted by covid. If you make the same money or more, you shouldn’t get a dime
Still waiting chico , what do you mean "Being Impacted"???
Old 02-03-2021, 01:51 AM   #134
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Didn't take long to try to make DC a state. Such a fucking joke. Can't wait to hear about how democrats want this because it's fair. And absolutely nothing to do with a guaranteed 2 Senators forever and how many ever house seats they can get. When the democratic party says something is fair, you know if you're not a Democrat you're about to get fucked. May the deep state live on forever!!

Puerto Rico is next, which shockingly is 2 more senate seats forever, and how many ever house seats they can get. But that has nothing to do with it. It's "fair".

Note - I don't actually blame Puerto Rico for wanting to be a state. You keep territories for long enough they should want a piece of the apple pie. Not actually against them becoming a state even if conservatives don't have a chance there. They're an island, not like they can just create their own county in 2021.
Old 02-03-2021, 02:26 AM   #135
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:

Quote:
That’s a hellavu take buddy. I guess the vaccination was just what then what to Biden

On what planet would you argue the economy was bad? Lol...forget the stock market, nobody mentioned it. Read the fundamentals, speak for themselves...not only did unemployment see records..but all time record low for minorities. The biggest thing is we saw wage growth, something not seen under Obama.

You have to be a complete hack to think the economy was bad under trump. Best part is the strategy and policy directives answer.
This is why there is no point about discussing Trump further here. And I agree with Chico. That being said, it doesn't even matter who is right, we're all in completely opposite ends of reality. There is just no chance for reasonable debate. We all have our sides (SunnySide, myself absolutely included, if not the most guilty).