Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Talking Trade with Raiders?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #121
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: Redskins Talking Trade with Raiders?

I love Cooley as much as anyone but the Cooley I saw last year was done. I know he battled injuries, but still. If he isn't remarkably more explosive than he was last year then he just is not going to contribute, regardless of what Davis or Paul might/might not do.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-31-2012, 09:39 AM   #122
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
No, I'm still pondering retirement.

I did pretty lazy inquiring, didn't cross-check or press the issue or anything. I would say that almost all significant discussions begin as inconsequential (and then build up).

And who really knows how truthful Bruce is being

I do know we came close, verrrrrrrry close, to flat out releasing Cooley over the weekend. To give him a fair shot elsewhere. So with this trade rumor, I thought well maybe they found a willing partner.
The Wallace rumor seems ridiculous, but looking at Cooley's cap hit to us as well as Wallace holding out and refusal to accept anything but elite pay...they may want to just dump him for a player that will actually be a team player, or even on the field. They'll need a trade partner with a big-cap player, like Cooley.

I don't think there's a chance of the Steelers completing this stupid of a trade with us, but the numbers could work, so it's not impossible. Just 99% unlikely.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:01 AM   #123
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
Ive heard beau reliford's name come quite a bit recently. Maybe he could turn into a strong pass catching TE for us.
Yeah it does come up. Really though, the guy no one is talking about who is expected to step up in the pass offense is Darrel Young.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #124
mbedner3420
The Starter

Quote:
Yeah it does come up. Really though, the guy no one is talking about who is expected to step up in the pass offense is Darrel Young.
Well, he was talked about yesterday... just not in a good way. Hopefully it isn't a major hamstring injury.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #125
InsaneBoost
The Starter

Heard Wallace isn't going to leave Pittsburgh (whether that be because they'll sign him or bench him IDK), but maybe SS has something more?

InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #126
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Releasing Cooley now as opposed to the off-season, when we could have used his cap space to acquire talent on the market at positions of need, sounds almost bizarre.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #127
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
Heard Wallace isn't going to leave Pittsburgh (whether that be because they'll sign him or bench him IDK), but maybe SS has something more?
Without a doubt they aren't going to sign Wallace long term after they handed Brown that contract. They are at the cap if I'm correct so that eliminates any chance of this signing happening. Even if he was in camp, I doubt they would have extended him.

All one needs to do is look back when Santonio Holmes was in Pittsburgh and was a Super Bowl hero. Instead of signing this guy long term, they shipped him off for a 5th round pick to the Jets. People scratched their heads at the move, but now we see exactly why they made that move. They didn't want to pay a moron and cancer big money so shipping him off for draft pick is the next best thing. It makes you wonder about why the Steelers aren't willing to sign Wallace to a contract. Maybe it is the 11mil/year he wants, or maybe he's a knucklehead they don't want to give that type of coin to?

Personally, no way do I think Wallace is worth a Vincent Jackson type contract. Hell, I don't even think Vincent Jackson was worth that type of contract either. No way the Skins would be remotely interested if he's looking for a VJ type contract. If we weren't willing to pay VJ that, than I seriously doubt we would pay Wallace that.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #128
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Keep in mind though Wallace, unlike Holmes, has no off-field issues and isn't facing a 4 game suspension.

Ironically the Steelers turned that Holmes pick into Antonio Brown
Old 07-31-2012, 11:32 AM   #129
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Keep in mind though Wallace, unlike Holmes, has no off-field issues and isn't facing a 4 game suspension.

Ironically the Steelers turned that Holmes pick into Antonio Brown
That's true, but when a player draws too much attention to their team they do tend to trade them or atleast consider it (Roethlisberger was on the trading block back during one of his rape allegations) Sure wanting a contract doesn't make them a bad person like gettting DUI's, but it still draws the media in a bad way and as a distraction to the team, which is what the steelers avoid.