Democratic Primary Push for White House

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-04-2020, 08:29 AM   #121
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Democratic Primary Push for White House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yes you have yet your post's say other wise.
Once again your reading comprehension sucks. Just because I can't stand most Democrats doesn't make me a Trump supporter.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-04-2020, 10:44 AM   #122
SunnySide
Playmaker

Growth
Greater productivity is one of the two main drivers of growth; the other is an increase in the number of U.S. workers. Both have slowed in the past decade.

Economic growth was 2.3 percent in 2019, matching the average pace since the Great Recession ended a decade ago in the first year of Barack Obama’s eight-year presidency.

During the 2016 campaign, Trump boasted that his tax cut plan would boost annual growth to 4 percent a year — a brisk pace not seen since the late 1990s.

Instead, Trump is one of two presidents, along with Obama, since World War II not to have presided over a year of at least 3 percent growth.

Few economists think the economy will hit that target this year.

----------
Taxes
Most analysts do think Trump’s tax plan helped accelerate growth, just not the way he had promised.

“The Trump tax cuts were a sugar high that juiced the economy temporarily,” said Ryan Sweet, an economist at Moody’s Analytics.

It put more money in Americans’ pockets, boosting consumer spending.

The economy grew 2.9 percent in 2018, a healthy pace though the same as in 2015, the year before Trump’s election.

The administration had vowed, though, that the tax cuts would do more than just encourage Americans to shop more.
----------------
Trade
Most economists partly blame the stall on Trump’s trade wars, particularly with China. The trade conflicts have left American companies much less certain about the economic outlook and reluctant to expand and invest. Business investment shrank in the final three quarters of last year.

Nor have Trump’s business tax cuts and deregulation made the economy more dynamic. The growth of new companies has remained anemic since the 2008 downturn.

Larger businesses continue to dominate many industries, from technology to retail to finance.

All this is occurring despite significant stimulus. Trump has assailed Fed Chairman Jerome Powell for not cutting rates more, though the Fed’s benchmark rate is now in a range of just 1.5 percent to 1.75 percent, a very low level historically and one that is considered stimulative.

Increased federal spending also has helped support the economy.

The Congressional Budget Office last week projected that the government’s deficit will top $1 trillion annually for the next decade.
------------
Jobs
Trump recently has highlighted what he calls a “blue collar boom,” pointing to solid wage gains for lower-paid workers and healthy hiring in construction and manufacturing. But manufacturing jobs barely grew last year as factories hunkered down in the midst of the trade wars. Since Trump’s inauguration, manufacturing jobs have grown more slowly than employment overall has.

“Everyone says the economy is going great guns, but that is everything except agriculture and manufacturing,” Goss said.

What’s more, most campaign battleground states in the Midwest, such as Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Wisconsin, have lost factory jobs in the past year.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sta...by-the-numbers

Dems need to hammer and keep hammering the economy and the deficit.
Trump cant lie his way around numbers, hell try but its easily provable.

Dont talk about borders, immigration, 2A, emissions .. talk and never stop talking about the economy and deficit.

Trumpers can scream but "lowest unemployment ever" ... but unemployment has been going down at a steady clip since Obama so really Trump was put on 3rd base for that. The farmer and manufacturing jobs havent been booming like Trump promised.

edit - this article is on the front page of Fox News but I bet $100 its off the first page by noon EST.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:05 AM   #123
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Why are you bitchin about trump In this thread?

This is where we talk about Democratic debacle from last night? Any thoughts?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:45 AM   #124
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Thread title is "Democratic Primary Push for White House".

Post is about what I think the Dems should do to "push" for the White House with cited information.

Economy is what should kill Trump .. but only if the Dems tunnel vision on that issue and dont get sucked into cultural differences like 2A, religion, abortion, immigration .. basically everything but the economy.

-------------

An app didnt work. Okay, not a great look. But I have no interest in engaging in hyperbole like this is "proof the Dems cant be trusted with anything" talk bc that is nonsense and hypocritical to have such a impossible standard for Dems but then dont apply that same impossible standard to trump or Rs. But that is our political landscape. People are entenched.

An app didnt work = cant trust these people with our lives .... if thats the basis of what you want to discuss ... lol .. have fun man ... seems like extreme partisan drivel to me.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:51 AM   #125
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Thread title is "Democratic Primary Push for White House".

Post is about what I think the Dems should do to "push" for the White House with cited information.

Economy is what should kill Trump .. but only if the Dems tunnel vision on that issue and dont get sucked into cultural differences like 2A, religion, abortion, immigration .. basically everything but the economy.

-------------

An app didnt work. Okay, not a great look. But I have no interest in engaging in hyperbole like this is "proof the Dems cant be trusted with anything" talk bc that is nonsense and hypocritical to have such a impossible standard for Dems but then dont apply that same impossible standard to trump or Rs. But that is our political landscape. People are entenched.

An app didnt work = cant trust these people with our lives .... if thats the basis of what you want to discuss ... lol .. have fun man ... seems like extreme partisan drivel to me.
Not only didn't it work but it also showed it was not planned out accordingly ie there was insufficient testing and training...Dem responsibility...and there was not an plan if the app failed...DNC responsibility

Its incompetence...

But the truly entertaining portion are the candidates responses...some even giving victory speeches. And then the media and the conspiracy theories...yall own that block now too the Dems and Alex Jones. LOL match made in heaven.

Yeah, you can complain about the boomin economy over in the anti trump threads...

He Gets Us
Old 02-04-2020, 12:34 PM   #126
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Growth
Greater productivity is one of the two main drivers of growth; the other is an increase in the number of U.S. workers. Both have slowed in the past decade.

Economic growth was 2.3 percent in 2019, matching the average pace since the Great Recession ended a decade ago in the first year of Barack Obama’s eight-year presidency.

During the 2016 campaign, Trump boasted that his tax cut plan would boost annual growth to 4 percent a year — a brisk pace not seen since the late 1990s.

Instead, Trump is one of two presidents, along with Obama, since World War II not to have presided over a year of at least 3 percent growth.

Few economists think the economy will hit that target this year.

----------
Taxes
Most analysts do think Trump’s tax plan helped accelerate growth, just not the way he had promised.

“The Trump tax cuts were a sugar high that juiced the economy temporarily,” said Ryan Sweet, an economist at Moody’s Analytics.

It put more money in Americans’ pockets, boosting consumer spending.

The economy grew 2.9 percent in 2018, a healthy pace though the same as in 2015, the year before Trump’s election.

The administration had vowed, though, that the tax cuts would do more than just encourage Americans to shop more.
----------------
Trade
Most economists partly blame the stall on Trump’s trade wars, particularly with China. The trade conflicts have left American companies much less certain about the economic outlook and reluctant to expand and invest. Business investment shrank in the final three quarters of last year.

Nor have Trump’s business tax cuts and deregulation made the economy more dynamic. The growth of new companies has remained anemic since the 2008 downturn.

Larger businesses continue to dominate many industries, from technology to retail to finance.

All this is occurring despite significant stimulus. Trump has assailed Fed Chairman Jerome Powell for not cutting rates more, though the Fed’s benchmark rate is now in a range of just 1.5 percent to 1.75 percent, a very low level historically and one that is considered stimulative.

Increased federal spending also has helped support the economy.

The Congressional Budget Office last week projected that the government’s deficit will top $1 trillion annually for the next decade.
------------
Jobs
Trump recently has highlighted what he calls a “blue collar boom,” pointing to solid wage gains for lower-paid workers and healthy hiring in construction and manufacturing. But manufacturing jobs barely grew last year as factories hunkered down in the midst of the trade wars. Since Trump’s inauguration, manufacturing jobs have grown more slowly than employment overall has.

“Everyone says the economy is going great guns, but that is everything except agriculture and manufacturing,” Goss said.

What’s more, most campaign battleground states in the Midwest, such as Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Wisconsin, have lost factory jobs in the past year.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sta...by-the-numbers

Dems need to hammer and keep hammering the economy and the deficit.
Trump cant lie his way around numbers, hell try but its easily provable.

Dont talk about borders, immigration, 2A, emissions .. talk and never stop talking about the economy and deficit.

Trumpers can scream but "lowest unemployment ever" ... but unemployment has been going down at a steady clip since Obama so really Trump was put on 3rd base for that. The farmer and manufacturing jobs havent been booming like Trump promised.

edit - this article is on the front page of Fox News but I bet $100 its off the first page by noon EST.
Back to the Dems using the economy to win back the WH. Things like religion, abortion, 2A etc I dont think are platforms to run on bc people just dont agree and arent going to agree any time soon. I would almost completely not talk about those divisive issue.

Talk economy bc those arent really subjective. There are hard numbers and facts to stick to. People want to be presented with bullet point, easy to understand statements, like:

- 1 trillion dollar deficit
https://www.thebalance.com/current-u...eficit-3305783

- Farmer jobs forecasted to go down by 1%
https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/f...l-managers.htm

- 2.1 GDP in 2019 Q4
https://www.bea.gov/news/glance
Old 02-04-2020, 12:40 PM   #127
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Yeah, you can complain about the boomin economy over in the anti trump threads...
Ever since the recent recession and the employer health care mandate employment numbers really don't mean the same. During the great recession there was the invention of the 32 hour work week instead of laying off 20% of standard 40 hour a week employees. Large companies in manufacturing did this and that was previously unheard of. That trend then continued by companies trying to avoid the employer health care mandate.

Also it seems another recent trend is giving employees in entry level jobs very few hours, this is among employees willing to work full time. A couple years ago my girlfriend's early 20's son had 3 jobs and they didn't even combine for 40 hours a week. He was working one day a week at Game Stop, delivering pizzas at one place and making them at a next. So any one of those jobs would qualify him as employed. He finally got a job working in an Amazon warehouse, not until he got a promotion to a shift lead did they give him full time hours and that took a couple years.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 01:21 PM   #128
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

My two favorite conspiracy theories being peddled by the left about Iowa:

1. Pete Buttigieg funded the Iowa app therefore undermining the results

2 Russia bots are responsible for the negative response across social media of the Iowa debacle

Lol...Russia again!

He Gets Us
Old 02-04-2020, 01:51 PM   #129
SunnySide
Playmaker

Chico .. thank you for proving my point.

Trump voters cant handle basic facts.

As a result, they will turn towards juvenile disruptive behavior and strawman detours from actual adult conversation, closely mirroring Donald Trump's own personality (and insecurities).

Dems dont let Trump drag the 2020 election into a 'who can be the biggest asshole' contest, bc Trump will win every time.

Stick to facts. And easy to understand facts at that.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:03 PM   #130
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

As a result, they will turn towards juvenile disruptive behavior and strawman detours from actual adult conversation, closely mirroring Donald Trump's own personality (and insecurities).

Dems dont let Trump drag the 2020 election into a 'who can be the biggest asshole' contest, bc Trump will win every time.

Facts are, this debacle is reflection of the DNC and their organization of a functioning political body. It seeps into their message...

Also the turnout, wow, big disappointment in the enthusiasm among the dems. Turnout was garbage for Iowa.

He Gets Us
Old 02-04-2020, 03:23 PM   #131
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

Honestly, if the Democrats try to run on the economy they will lose big. Not that the economy is or isnt booming, but polls across the board show Trump has his strongest favorability polls on the economy. And he will tout the numbers loud like you will see tonight.

Healthcare remains the Democrats strongest talking point, that and the Supreme Court. The chances of RBG making it through 4 more years of Trump is slim.

But discounting the Iowa debacle is a mistake, if Bernie voters geel the DNC is rigging the primary again you vould see an implosion of the liberal base.

A Bernie/AOC Independent ticket would demolish any Democratic candidate like Biden or Bloomberg.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 03:31 PM   #132
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

To emphasize my point on the evonomy, Gallup's latest poll has a +28 margin for Trump. If Trump wss not such a despicable character his re-election would be a shoe in. But 50 percent of America HATES him. A solid 35% truly fears him and his policies. And his foreign policy runs along lines with his dislike quotient

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 04:27 PM   #133
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Not sure how it wasn’t vetted more closely leading up to the caucus talk about a blown opportunity and still no word? but the caucus form of voting has now had problems in the last 3 presidential primaries personally I think that forum needs to go
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:16 PM   #134
SunnySide
Playmaker

Does he really want to make it about the economy?

Gross Domestic Product for 2019 was 2.3%. That means economic growth slowed from the prior year. That’s nothing to brag about. The average growth rate since 1947 has been 3.2%. The best GDP growth of the last 15 years was in 2014...an Obama year. He promised 4%-6% GDP growth would pay for his tax cuts...it hasn't happened.

From 2009 to January 2017, Obama’s last month in office, jobs averaged 201,600 per month. Trump, from February 2017 to the end of 2019, averaged just 191,100. That’s 5% less per month.

It's true that wages have increased. But only in states and cities that increased in the minimum wage. Trump and the GOP at large opposed those increases.

^ democratic poster on fox news

Your gibberish doesn't mean a thing.
It's about how consumers view thing.
Consumer Sentiment is at an ALL TIME HIGH!

^ a republican posters reply

CRed - I think you’re right to a degree. What I would like to see is the dems hammering the bullet points to change the public perception.

And your comments about an independent sanders ticket .. or even disenfranchised sanders fans if he doesn’t get it ... well that would be the end of the dems for 2020 and the worst possible scenario for dems. Scaring the crap out of me
Old 02-04-2020, 05:22 PM   #135
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Not sure how it wasn’t vetted more closely leading up to the caucus talk about a blown opportunity and still no word? but the caucus form of voting has now had problems in the last 3 presidential primaries personally I think that forum needs to go
Yeah I agree. I don’t fully understand the caucus process but it seems antiquated. In 2012, it took republicans weeks to announce their caucus results