Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

Vince Young overrated?

Thread Hell

Old 10-23-2007, 06:01 AM   #121
dgack
The Starter

Re: Vince Young overrated?

I think of Vince Young and go... "meh". Overrated? Underrated? More like, "well, I'm glad my team's fate isn't tied to the guy".

He's obviously so popular because of the Cinderella aspect of the Rose Bowl game, but I don't think he'll ever be a franchise QB. I always think of Young as a Mike Vick-style QB who's more dialed down on the run-first side and more dialed-up on the passing game.

And without the dog-killing and pot busts.
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson

Advertisements
Old 10-23-2007, 08:19 AM   #122
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Nothing like overreacting eh matty?

Even if you sucked at your job, if you were making millions, would you retire?
Kinda seems like what you're doing here. You jumped on here like this last game proved that the Titans are better off without VY or something.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #123
djnemo65
Playmaker

Quote:
If I were Tenn I'd trade him while people like you still thinks he can thrown and "win games" with his whopping 11-9 record. Then I'd go get a REAL Qb.
JSARNO, I think they should do a reality show where you become the GM of an NFL franchise. Seriously, I would pay anything to see that.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:08 AM   #124
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
JSARNO, I think they should do a reality show where you become the GM of an NFL franchise. Seriously, I would pay anything to see that.
I'd pay to see a lot of people here try to run a franchise, or coach a team.

Hey, that might actually be a cool idea for a show, SmootSmack you need to bubble this up to some of your peeps at ESPN.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #125
dgack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I'd pay to see a lot of people here try to run a franchise, or coach a team.

Hey, that might actually be a cool idea for a show, SmootSmack you need to bubble this up to some of your peeps at ESPN.

Hey, Millen won that contest FAIR AND SQUARE!
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
Old 10-25-2007, 11:39 PM   #126
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigD View Post
As I was watching CBS and saw that the Titans were about to kick the winning FG, I was laughing and thinking to myself, Jsarno is going to have a field day if Collins wins this game for them. Who knows, maybe you are right after all.
LOL...I was practically salivating hoping Collins would win that game for them. HAHA.

Oh well, a lot of people can be told the sky is blue and they won't agree, it's just human nature to hate to change their own perceptions.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:41 PM   #127
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Kinda seems like what you're doing here. You jumped on here like this last game proved that the Titans are better off without VY or something.
You're right...I haven't been talking about this exact subject since last year or anything.

This last game is just more proof you choose to ignore.

If it walks like a duck...oh what's the point, you aren't capable of looking at this argument objectively.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:44 PM   #128
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
#1- Never said I'd make a better GM.
#2- if they did make a show I would sign up for it in a freakin minute.
#3- if it does happen and I do make it, I will charge you 1 million dollars because, and I quote you, "I would pay anything to see that".
#4- there are VERY FEW people in the world that knows football more than I do. I live it...all of it.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:45 PM   #129
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
You're right...I haven't been talking about this exact subject since last year or anything.

This last game is just more proof you choose to ignore.

If it walks like a duck...oh what's the point, you aren't capable of looking at this argument objectively.
You think they should start Collins the rest of the way?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:53 PM   #130
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You think they should start Collins the rest of the way?
Honestly I think Collins is nothing special (said so in a previous post). I think if either of them are their permanent solutions they won't acheive much. I do think Collins earned the next start though regardless of Young's health. You can't argue with how the offense was the best ever in the Young era.
SO in short, I would say, he should start the next game no matter what, then I will reevaluate.

One thing that I have noticed no one has given credit to is Fisher and his staff. They are amazing, and should be given a world of credit. The most underrated coaching staff in the league IMO.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:59 PM   #131
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Honestly I think Collins is nothing special (said so in a previous post). I think if either of them are their permanent solutions they won't acheive much. I do think Collins earned the next start though regardless of Young's health. You can't argue with how the offense was the best ever in the Young era.
SO in short, I would say, he should start the next game no matter what, then I will reevaluate.

One thing that I have noticed no one has given credit to is Fisher and his staff. They are amazing, and should be given a world of credit. The most underrated coaching staff in the league IMO.
Fisher is a great coach, no question about it.

As to Collins, should we ignore the fact that he was pretty dreadful at the beginning of last year? How much credit should we give the defense, and special teams for last week's win? Granted the defense folded like a tent in the 4th quarter but they did have some key takeaways. And do you factor in VY's abilities as a rusher, or just ignore those?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #132
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Fisher is a great coach, no question about it.

As to Collins, should we ignore the fact that he was pretty dreadful at the beginning of last year? How much credit should we give the defense, and special teams for last week's win? Granted the defense folded like a tent in the 4th quarter but they did have some key takeaways. And do you factor in VY's abilities as a rusher, or just ignore those?
The fact that Young can run means he gets consideration over Collins...if he couldn't run, then Young should never start another NFL game for anyone.

Just an interesting tid bit about his "dreadful" (which I do agree with FYI)season last year, he played in 3 games, and had 269 yards passing in week 3 which would have been a career high for Young. Also, do we ignore the fact that Collins has led a team to a super bowl? Or ignore the fact that he's thrown for 4000+ yards, and threw for 3000+ yards 6 consecutive seasons?

About credit to the defense...really? Last week was the only week they DIDN'T show up.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:26 AM   #133
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
The fact that Young can run means he gets consideration over Collins...if he couldn't run, then Young should never start another NFL game for anyone.

Just an interesting tid bit about his "dreadful" (which I do agree with FYI)season last year, he played in 3 games, and had 269 yards passing in week 3 which would have been a career high for Young. Also, do we ignore the fact that Collins has led a team to a super bowl? Or ignore the fact that he's thrown for 4000+ yards, and threw for 3000+ yards 6 consecutive seasons?

About credit to the defense...really? Last week was the only week they DIDN'T show up.
You seem to take a lot of stock in yards passing as a benchmark for success don't you?

Regardless, the defense as I pointed out did not play great (particularly the 4th) but didn't they have 6 takeaways? And at least 3 put them deep in Houston territory?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:06 PM   #134
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Oh well, a lot of people can be told the sky is blue and they won't agree, it's just human nature to hate to change their own perceptions.
Agreed, you simply don't know when to admit that you are wrong.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #135
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Agreed, you simply don't know when to admit that you are wrong.
LOL. At least I make one hell of an argument.