Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Samari or Freddy?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: 2005 Starting CBs: Springs and...
Smoot 38 65.52%
Harris 4 6.90%
Wilds 5 8.62%
Rolle 7 12.07%
Other (who?) 4 6.90%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2005, 06:02 PM   #121
wolfeskins
The Starter

Re: Samari or Freddy?

[QUOTE=drew54]We really shouldnt go get Rolle. Last time I checked our defense wasnt broke. Neither was Brad Johnson when we decided to bring in Jeff George. But here comes Danny with his quick fix, a free agent, to replace someone younger that has been with the team and is a reliable stand up player.

I guess we should bring in someone to upgrade over Cooley, Griffin and Taylor as well.

I dont know, maybe this is all a bs story to get Smoot's attention.

don't jump to conclusions. maybe the dan went to greg williams and asked "would you rather have me bring back smoot or would you rather me bring in rolle"? and greg might have said "well, i've coached them both and i would really rather have rolle".
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-28-2005, 06:06 PM   #122
VishsSkins
Special Teams

We need to assume that our team will not do anything to hurt ourselves. If we want smoot more we will give the money to him. If we think we are better off with Rolle, we will give the money to him. Thats about as simple as it gets
VishsSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 06:07 PM   #123
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

ok, i said if we are willing to dish out that kind of cash. i don't agree with it i mean i can handle our defense w/o a new CB even if smoot leaves, you actually earlier said that you would not like that i mean i would get someone like MASON or get some good WR in the free agency, i am sure if we tried we could have got muhammad but now it seems to late but danny got that magic and he should use it and anyways our defense would improve ALOT with TY if anyone disagrees tell me, he is obviously better than smoot and now i would say better than baily visa vi best in the league i don't understand why some feel that there is a cap on the eliteness our defense can hit, it can always improve....like pass rush and turnovers. turnovers can always get better and there have been better defenses than THIS YEARS steelers team in the past and we could reach that level.

Like i said would i spend 15 million on a defensive player? NO but if we are that is none of our descision i would like to spend it on TY if possible but again if GW is feeling good about Rolle i will trust that mans descions i mean pierce and marcus washington's breakout years that is his credit
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 06:09 PM   #124
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins
maybe the dan went to greg williams and asked "would you rather have me bring back smoot or would you rather me bring in rolle"? and greg might have said "well, i've coached them both and i would really rather have rolle".
i think that is what reports are saying that greg wants rolle and is pushing for him and the safty coach was a teammate w/ rolle and would also want him on the team
Old 02-28-2005, 06:23 PM   #125
wolfeskins
The Starter

from what i've been reading on other web sites i think this is a very good move by the skins. i've never believed fred smoot was the guy to cover the other teams # 1 wr, even when springs was brought in i wanted springs to be on the # 1 wr. now with rolle , i think either one of our corners can EASILY cover the other teams # 1 wr. plus smoot was really digging his own grave after turning down a 10 mill. dollar sb from the skins and then letting everyone know about his discussions with champ baily.plus geg williams is more familiar with rolle than smoot. some people are saying we should keep smoot because he is younger but smoot will be 26 in a few days and rolle is only 28.
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 06:34 PM   #126
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishsSkins
Exactly...we have an amazing defense already. We need to think if spending a ton of money is worth it when our defense might not be able to improve all that much
read 123 but i am saying i would spend the money that we are on rolle possibly persuing TY. now if Ty was asking like 15 mill and rolle 14 i would spend that extra mil on him. no one knows the true details of the deal like i said. i would not spend that money on our d but if we are i would RATHER spend it on Ty. if the question is would i spend that $$ on our defense no but you did say on the phone that you couldn't live w/o another CB and i am sure that many agree with you but if we don't sign smoot i don't need a CB and i could handle someone stepping up. And our defense would improve w/ Ty and there is no cap just read 123 it is directed toward you and after talking to you on the phone i saw that i didn't call out your name as you say so now i did!
See you tommorrow but hopefully i won't, you know y!
Old 02-28-2005, 06:43 PM   #127
VishsSkins
Special Teams

I forgot if it was u or not but if it was then didnt u say something about CONTINUITY? U know, keeping the players we have and working with them to make them better which i know will happen whether we get smoot, rolle, or law.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:46 PM   #128
VishsSkins
Special Teams

Law is good. If we could get him for a reasonable price, fine. I know you dont think we should spend that much money. By tomorrow, we might find out that we are pursuing Law instead of Rolle since Law was released just recently.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:51 PM   #129
VishsSkins
Special Teams

Ok heres the bottom line. Whether its Smoot, Rolle, Law, Harris, Wilds, or whoever else there is our defense will be just as good as last year if not better (LaVar is back). Williams is the reason why we are so good. Williams made a name out of smoot. Williams will make anyone who comes to us good. Therefore, it does not matter which corner is our number 2 guy and that is it. We have more important issues like signing Pierce, getting WRs, and drafting the right player in April.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:04 PM   #130
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Wink Re: Samari or Freddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishsSkins
Ok heres the bottom line. Whether its Smoot, Rolle, Law, Harris, Wilds, or whoever else there is our defense will be just as good as last year if not better (LaVar is back). Williams is the reason why we are so good. Williams made a name out of smoot. Williams will make anyone who comes to us good. Therefore, it does not matter which corner is our number 2 guy and that is it. We have more important issues like signing Pierce, getting WRs, and drafting the right player in April.
The bottom line, is that it does matter. Its all about the salary cap. We are going to have a good defense regardless, I'm very confident that Williams could take the Redskins marching band and make them competitive on Sundays. Therefore, why would we break the bank on Rolle, if a guy like Harris or Wilds could be in there for 1/20th of the money, and still do a decent job?? The same argument could be made for Smoot getting all the money.....but I really like Smoot
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 07:23 PM   #131
skinsfan0201
Special Teams

SMOOT period, i hope we retain him, he is an extremely valuable member.(I just hope that he is the ultimate answer ! )
skinsfan0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:02 PM   #132
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I'm also starting to think that rather than going on a spending spree why NOT give Wilds a chance? I mean does anyone else think that the defense would COMPLETELY fall apart if Wilds was a bust, I mean he's there for a reason.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:27 PM   #133
offiss

Reading Jeff Fisher's comment's on Rolle I think we should sign him immediatly so long as we can make the money work.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:32 PM   #134
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

obviously we will be good but there is always room for improvement. i know it is hard to imagine but let me tell you that it is POSSIBLE to get better than us, yes,it sounds obsurd. better then us? never how could it be!? but it is true i have a dream a dream not to be number 1 next year but to be greater to be in the elite group of defenses in the past the ones that the legends look down and say THEY, they are one of us. and in my dream greg williams led us to that promise land

to say that we don't want to spend the $ because our defense would to be saying that we don't want even smoot. i mean do we really need another CB but i would be willing to spend tops 12 million on smoot not 14 not a penny more, more than that could be spent on other positions that are more needed. but it seems that we are getting a CB and if we are spending 15 million i think we should get the best and that is ty and i know it is far fetched but it is obvious that gibbs and williams did talk about ty within the last few days. I thinnk that w/ rolle or ty we would have two number 1s either ty or rolle and then springs. 2 number 1s that could cover the # 1 WRs of the opposing teams it would be great. Smoot is good but i don't know how well he would match against someone like moss... he won't have to but i don't put him to elite number 1 material yet. as a second any of these guys including smoot would be the best in the league and we would hands down have the best corner set in the league. i personally would try to keep smoot w/10million and then if not then do the transitional tag i think it is called but i don't know all the details so if that is not possible then i would save that cash for our offense and work on our back ups and make sure we sign pierce because we don't have anyone that can take his place b/c barrow seems done.

Rolle and Ty are Leeet and with them we would be better and would be able to do lots more i mean ty or springs on a second reciever we could send more blitzes and not lose much. we would have the coverage down field and send LBs to attack.

Remember we are not forced into doing anything and williams and gibbs i trust will do what is best for the team, i don't trust danny but maybe in a year or two he will be on the trust list.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:37 PM   #135
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
Reading Jeff Fisher's comment's on Rolle I think we should sign him immediatly so long as we can make the money work.
i didn't read it......wat is so compeling?