Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-30-2017, 08:24 PM   #121
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Just curious Chico, do you think our focus should be on Hollywood and Silicon Valley, or should it be on the widespread sexual harassment that women in every industry face as a whole?

Advertisements
Old 10-30-2017, 08:55 PM   #122
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Just curious Chico, do you think our focus should be on Hollywood and Silicon Valley, or should it be on the widespread sexual harassment that women in every industry face as a whole?
Why are their rampant stories coming from these industries? That’s the question I’m asking. Why is that...these institutions where the liberals run the show? You don’t see that or....? Just be aware of what’s going on...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:17 AM   #123
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Why are their rampant stories coming from these industries? That’s the question I’m asking. Why is that...these institutions where the liberals run the show? You don’t see that or....? Just be aware of what’s going on...
I could say the same thing about the Trump, O'Reilly, Ailes allegations? Seems like you've conveniently forgot your President is on tape saying you can grab women by the pussy and get away with it because you have power.

It also seems to me you want to focus on party lines on these harassment issues, whereas what I'm trying to say is that in any industry where one man holds plenty of power, that same power allows him to get away with bs like this. Politics, media, Hollywood, it doesn't matter. Getting away with sexual harassment and/or assault because of your status needs to be eradicated. I don't fucking care if it's a lefty or a righty, they are pieces of shit. Latest case in point, Kevin Spacey. Only a douche would try to make a public announcement about being gay to cover up the fact he tried to rape a 14 year old boy.

If you want to continue this crusade against Hollywood (broad term implying anybody who works in the movie industry and conveniently ignores the fact that not every single celebrity/person who works in the industry is a piece of shit) while ignoring the fact it happens in politics and in the media, go right ahead. This is why I have a hard time not lumping you in with the rest of the Trumpette's. Picking and choosing arguments at your convenience makes you look ignorant and biased.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:38 AM   #124
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Why are their rampant stories(Racism) coming from these industries? That’s the question I’m asking. Why is that...these institutions where the Conservatives run the show? You don’t see that or....? Just be aware of what’s going on...

jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:46 AM   #125
jamf
Pro Bowl

OK that was an asshole post by me but I wanted to make a point.

IMO abuse is related to power not political affiliation.
People trying to catch a break in the entertainment industry are vulnerable to these predators.

The same goes for abuse by the Catholic Church or Law Enforcement/Military particularly in areas where there is little oversight.

People get off on the abuse of power.
Timeline of Trump's Creepiness While He Owned Miss Universe - Rolling Stone
Old 10-31-2017, 12:48 PM   #126
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I could say the same thing about the Trump, O'Reilly, Ailes allegations? Seems like you've conveniently forgot your President is on tape saying you can grab women by the pussy and get away with it because you have power.

It also seems to me you want to focus on party lines on these harassment issues, whereas what I'm trying to say is that in any industry where one man holds plenty of power, that same power allows him to get away with bs like this. Politics, media, Hollywood, it doesn't matter. Getting away with sexual harassment and/or assault because of your status needs to be eradicated. I don't fucking care if it's a lefty or a righty, they are pieces of shit. Latest case in point, Kevin Spacey. Only a douche would try to make a public announcement about being gay to cover up the fact he tried to rape a 14 year old boy.

If you want to continue this crusade against Hollywood (broad term implying anybody who works in the movie industry and conveniently ignores the fact that not every single celebrity/person who works in the industry is a piece of shit) while ignoring the fact it happens in politics and in the media, go right ahead. This is why I have a hard time not lumping you in with the rest of the Trumpette's. Picking and choosing arguments at your convenience makes you look ignorant and biased.
Fox news certainly has/had an issue with it...I think that's evident. But in terms of reach...its not fucking close to an institution such as Hollywood where this has gone on for 30+, 40+ years.

Not a close comparison.

He Gets Us
Old 10-31-2017, 01:06 PM   #127
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Why are their rampant stories(Racism) coming from these industries? That’s the question I’m asking. Why is that...these institutions where the Conservatives run the show? You don’t see that or....? Just be aware of what’s going on...

I mean, these are irrelevant folks who have always been around where their little weak-ass outfits, saying weak-ass shit. They get laughed...and are the lowest of the low. They are the extreme of an extreme minority of people in the country. Irrelevant.

BUT, unfortunately we live in a time where media has given power and a platform. Somehow we take an image and think this is a "fixed" and "determinate" truth. And right now there is general atmosphere where this type of thinking is acceptable. We need to be smarter and we must understand that there is revenue to be earned in dividing everyone.

I don't understand when some folks will exact scrutiny of a handshake or what outfit a first lady choses to wear...but will not give that same scrutiny to just critical thinking.

He Gets Us
Old 10-31-2017, 01:34 PM   #128
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I mean, these are irrelevant folks who have always been around where their little weak-ass outfits, saying weak-ass shit. They get laughed...and are the lowest of the low. They are the extreme of an extreme minority of people in the country. Irrelevant.
This is irrelevent?

Quote:
BUT, unfortunately we live in a time where media has given power and a platform. Somehow we take an image and think this is a "fixed" and "determinate" truth. And right now there is general atmosphere where this type of thinking is acceptable. We need to be smarter and we must understand that there is revenue to be earned in dividing everyone.
Ahh the great media bias crutch. Don't we have a thread for that?
Conservatives complaining about the Media Bias is like a 600lb woman who complains that John Stamos got too fat for her.
Yes the media as a whole is about making money (BOTH SIDES!!!!) and there is a lack of true Journalistic Integrity, AGREED!
Now back to that bloviating pig who is the president of the united states, What do you think of his integrity?

Quote:
I don't understand when some folks will exact scrutiny of a handshake or what outfit a first lady choses to wear...but will not give that same scrutiny to just critical thinking.
Who would do such a thing?
Obama's Choice to Bare Arms Causes Uproar - ABC News
Old 10-31-2017, 03:58 PM   #129
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

Ahh the great media bias crutch. Don't we have a thread for that?
Conservatives complaining about the Media Bias is like a 600lb woman who complains that John Stamos got too fat for her.
Yes the media as a whole is about making money (BOTH SIDES!!!!) and there is a lack of true Journalistic Integrity, AGREED!
Now back to that bloviating pig who is the president of the united states, What do you think of his integrity?

Who would do such a thing?
Obama's Choice to Bare Arms Causes Uproar - ABC News
I also agree on this. But the way to get rid of it is to tune it out. As long as people click, it will continue. Can't lose that ad revenue, otherwise the media would be really fucked.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:51 AM   #130
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Hillary Clinton’s campaign took over the Democratic National Committee's funding and day-to-day operations early in the primary season and may have used that power to undermine her rival Senator Bernie Sanders, according to the party's one-time interim chairwoman.

The DNC official, Donna Brazile, now a political analyst, wrote in Politico Magazine on Thursday that she discovered an August 2015 agreement between the national committee and Clinton’s campaign and fundraising arm that gave Clinton “control (of) the party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised” in exchange for taking care of the massive debt leftover from President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign.

It wasn't illegal, Brazile said, "but it sure looked unethical."

"If the fight had been fair, one campaign would not have control of the party before the voters had decided which one they wanted to lead," Brazile wrote. "This was not a criminal act, but as I saw it, it compromised the party’s integrity."

Brazile wrote that she had “promised” Sanders to find out if the DNC had intentionally “rigged” the primary system in order to prop up Clinton and assure she became the nominee. That assertion first popped up after the DNC’s emails, hacked by Russians, had been published online and showed former DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz and others may have tipped the scales for the Democrat Clinton versus Sanders, an independent seeking the Democratic Party nod.

“I had tried to search out any other evidence of internal corruption that would show that the DNC was rigging the system to throw the primary to Hillary, but I could not find any in party affairs or among the staff,” Brazile wrote. "I was happy to see that I had found none. Then I found this agreement.”

Brazile, a former CNN contributor who was later dismissed after it was discovered she had forked over debate questions to Clinton’s campaign, claimed when she took over as party chairwoman, the DNC was $24 million in debt. Clinton’s campaign, according to Brazile, assumed that debt with its own fundraising.

“Hillary for America (the campaign) and the Hillary Victory Fund (its joint fundraising vehicle with the DNC) had taken care of 80 percent of the remaining debt in 2016, about $10 million, and had placed the party on an allowance,” according to Brazile.

Normally, candidates take over their respective party’s operations after securing the nomination, but Brazile wrote Clinton had done so almost 15 months before last year’s election.

The timeline of when all this allegedly occurred was not fully explained by Brazile, but she wrote that the discovery was made “weeks” before the election. She said she told Sanders what she found out and that he took the supposed information “stoically.”

Brazile took over as interim DNC chair, a spot now officially held by Tom Perez, back in July 2016 after Wasserman Schultz resigned.

Brazile: Hillary Rigged DNC Against Bernie

Another instance where Trump is 110% correct. ABSOLUTE Corruptness by the Democratic Nation Party.

Why in the hell would anyone ever vote for this party again? Too me, this would be the death penalty. AND you better fucking believe this is same type of corruptness that put Clinton LOYALIST Tom Perez as head of the DNC.

Complete and utter corruptness. No 2 ways to view it.

As expected, CNN nor any major news org running the story

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 11-02-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:15 PM   #131
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Chico this read reminded me of you ,someone blind to the problems in politics and that the same problems exist in both major parties yet you only see and blame one.

The Only Problem in American Politics Is the Republicans

Bet you won't see anything like this on FOX,aye Chico???

You scream that trump was correct about political corruptness,seriously ?????
That alone make what you say,meaningless.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:28 PM   #132
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Yeah Chico ,keep praising trump.....................

Old 11-02-2017, 02:32 PM   #133
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I can't believe it hasn't even been a year yet.

Have been trying to be really objective lately, and just say to myself: "If there were NO parties, and you just voted for the person you liked the most, who would you vote for?"

I voted for Hillary, but based on my question, I likely wouldn't have. Donald Trump would have been a HELL FUCKING NO. Sometimes I feel like we think of things like this in black and white. You're a liberal if you believe in ____________ and you're a conservative if you believe in ______________. Personally, I share both ideals in my day-to-day life and one of the major problems in politics is people seem to either vote based on party lines (which I think is the lowest of the low) or vote based on a SINGLE issue.

My dad voted for fucking Trump because he said, "He won't expand gun laws." We had a LOOOOOOOOONG conversation about this and his concern was, "Well, what if the laws expand?" Now, THAT'S some propaganda for you. I was like, "Where did you hear this?"

NRA newsletter.

Again, Trump is a piece of shit as a leader, as a president and most importantly as a human being. I can't imagine not seeing many of Hillary's evident flaws if she won, but I would have been OK with the status quo for four years. We're due for a true third party candidate to show up, and maybe this hell we've been living in will provide that. Hey, silver linings ya'll.

Totally rambling, but leaving EVERYTHING else out of it, is Trump really doing a good job? Do you get the impression that he cares about you? I sure as shit don't.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:05 PM   #134
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Chico this read reminded me of you ,someone blind to the problems in politics and that the same problems exist in both major parties yet you only see and blame one.

The Only Problem in American Politics Is the Republicans

Bet you won't see anything like this on FOX,aye Chico???

You scream that trump was correct about political corruptness,seriously ?????
That alone make what you say,meaningless.
But did you see that article is from the left leaning Politico...I don't know, but I think its fairly fascinating...especially since it inline with the previous wikileaks of DNC Wasserman corruptness and its based directly from the mouth of Donna Brazile...

This isn't an opinion article...try reading it.

if not just read this statement:

The DNC official, Donna Brazile, now a political analyst, wrote in Politico Magazine on Thursday that she discovered an August 2015 agreement between the national committee and Clinton’s campaign and fundraising arm that gave Clinton “control (of) the party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised” in exchange for taking care of the massive debt leftover from President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign.

Hey, do you think it would be on CNN if it was on the other foot...like "Trump took over the RNC and its massive debt...in agreement with taking over the party's finances, strategy and money raised"

That would only fit your narrative? funny about how that media-thing works.

He Gets Us
Old 11-02-2017, 04:31 PM   #135
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Chico that kind of bs is why I didn't vote for Hillary. She just assumed all the Bernie supporters would fall in line and vote for the lesser evil, and I ain't about that.

However knowing what I know now, I believe I should have voted for Hillary, because as bad as she is the status quo would obviously have been better than the clown in office right now. Everything he does is geared towards making businesses larger profits, and his supporters like to conveniently forget he still owns a large portion of those businesses. Every weekend he goes to his golf courses, the gov't has to pay his golf course for the hassle of security. And if his tax reform goes through, how much does he stand to gain by repealing the estate tax?

It's not hard to see the ulterior motives here, but for whatever reason you're cool with it. Hope your life is enriched by all his directives. Because mine sure ain't.

TMC, I'm totally with you on this, but I don't see it getting better with any election. Only 25% of Americans turn out to vote on presidential elections, and only the diehards vote on local politics. Even when the main choices are a douche and a turd, 95% of the vote goes to them. Very few people are willing to put in the time, and look at all the research, and form their own conclusions about the issues. They'd rather retweet a Russian bot claiming Obama's try to take their guns away, or demand to see his birth certificate.

Just as bad as President Clown Shoes is, his choices for head of office are even worse. The majority of people who know what net neutrality is support it, yet that hasn't stopped the FCC Chairman Ajit Pai (former Verizon lobbyist) from trying to kill it, and he has an army of bots/dead people writing comments that support killing net neutrality that he's using to back up his strategy. It's the same with Devos, Price, Tillerson, etc. None of them have the majority of people's best interests at heart.

Final note, it's funny you mention absolute corruptness when Trump's former campaign manager got indicted on Monday because he was working for another gov't and he failed to disclose that when he joined Trump's campaign.

I know, I know, your natural defense is gonna be "he did all that shit before he joined the campaign, that has nothing to do with Trump." The only problem with that defense is your boy George Papadopoulos already pled guilty to lying to the FBI to cover up the Trump campaign-Russia relationship. 10 bucks says there's more charges coming before this investigation is concluded. In between this, Tillerson trying to set up that deal so Exxon can drill for oil in the Arctic north of Russia, the army of Russian bots influencing conservatives on social media with actual fake news, and Putin/Trump being buddy buddy it sure feels like Russia is the big winner in all of this.