Sam howell takes Down Dallas postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-09-2023, 12:14 PM   #121
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Sam howell takes Down Dallas postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Well I have been calling for Howell for weeks along with others including SF the president of his fan club. So not hindsight. And I don’t remember anyone saying Carson is the guy. Lol.

Didn’t Dallas have a chance to win the division? If they were conceding to the Eagles I find it hard to believe they would have started everyone. We surprised them and kicked their asses.

Depends what you mean by draft picks. Im not sold on anyone coming out this year.
Howell was projected as a first rounder for alot of his time in college. He was a little off senior year. Maybe a little gun shy thinking he didn’t want to get injured and ruin his shot? He played for UNC so what was the best thing he had to play for an ACC coastal division championship shot at Clemson? I think teams were a little afraid of his height at 6-1. That is dumb. Howell was an absolute steal in the fifth round. Im not giving up serious picks and an unknown for another unknown. At least I saw Howell play an NFL game and look extremely solid. So no im not pulling that trigger. Not for someone who isn’t a Trevor Lawrence. And there is no Trevor Lawrence coming out.
Bryce Young is supposed to be this years stud and he’s built like a twig and is even shorter than Howell. Be interesting to see where he goes in the draft.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-09-2023, 12:19 PM   #122
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Sam Howell is our QB next year.

Fire Turner, fix the line, and let's go!!!
That sounds like what I saw. Here's hoping this team is turning a page in its history.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 12:26 PM   #123
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Bryce Young is supposed to be this years stud and he’s built like a twig and is even shorter than Howell. Be interesting to see where he goes in the draft.

Yeah no thanks. I like Levis better. T- Rich better. Hell no on Stroud. OSU quarterbacks scare the hell out of me.

The recipe is simple for our offense. Build the oline. Get a good OC.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 12:27 PM   #124
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
That sounds like what I saw. Here's hoping this team is turning a page in its history.
Good to see you!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 12:28 PM   #125
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

People will look at Howell and compare him to TH but he's on another level than Taylor. I want him to be our QB1 and our future so bad lol but I also don't trust RR as a QB guy so he may not be the Starter longterm. We will see
Old 01-09-2023, 12:37 PM   #126
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Good to see you!
Thanks. Hoping Snyder sells, and this team moves back to the right direction!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 12:50 PM   #127
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

CRed hope all is well man.
Old 01-09-2023, 12:53 PM   #128
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
So who is starting? Is there a FA you want? Who are we trading up for and what are we giving up?
We got plenty of time and a lot of the options available are still unknown.

id prefer

1. Adding a functional tier 2 vet QB, Carr being the bottom of that tier. I do not want to go the Wentz/Fitzpatrick route of adding a non functional vet. I know Carr isnt popular but hes functional. Something we havent had since Cousins.

^^ probably not likely as these guys rarely are made available during their functional years. I dont want a old vet like Matt Ryan, a former functional QB who is now no functional.

2. Trade up in the draft for one of the 4 top 10 QB prospects.

3. Ride Howell, go one game below .500, and have this same discussion next year.

--------------------------

Easier to say what I dont want.

I want out of the mediocrity death roll.

Guys like Allen/Terry make it impossible to lose 12 or more games, but no QB makes it impossible to go to the playoffs.

I dont need another Sweat or Jamin Davis.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:02 PM   #129
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

id prefer

1. Adding a functional tier 2 vet QB, Carr being the bottom of that tier. I do not want to go the Wentz/Fitzpatrick route of adding a non functional vet. I know Carr isnt popular but hes functional. Something we havent had since Cousins.

^^ probably not likely as these guys rarely are made available during their functional years. I dont want a old vet like Matt Ryan, a former functional QB who is now no functional.

3. Ride Howell, go one game below .500, and have this same discussion next year.

Guys like Allen/Terry make it impossible to lose 12 or more games, but no QB makes it impossible to go to the playoffs.

I would not want to pay someone like Carr who sucks and that money can be spent on players like Curl, Payne, etc. there is no need to spend money on losers like Carr, Wentz. Have we not learned a lesson?

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 01-09-2023, 01:03 PM   #130
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

id prefer

Option 1 makes my stomach turn and head spin. Lol

Option 2 is risky anytime but more-so when there isn’t a bonafide stud. Which is this year. Also what are we giving up to take that risk?

That imo leaves Option 3. Roll with Sam. I just disagree with him being our quarterback and seeing the same results or even worse (1 game under .500) that we did this year. The fact that you think he wouldn’t be a better option than Taylor, or even Wentz is questionable to say the least. We “should” have a better D next year if we address LB and CB. Young will be fully healthy. We certainly “should” still have our RB’s and WR’s intact. See to me the question isn’t Sam as much as it is who is calling the shots when it comes to personnel. Who is calling the plays? Who is the HC? But even if we ran it back with this same exact team and staff ( ) I see Sam as an upgrade. Imo if Sam came in for that first Giants game and played the last month our season would not be over.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:34 PM   #131
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Option 1 makes my stomach turn and head spin. Lol

Option 2 is risky anytime but more-so when there isn’t a bonafide stud. Which is this year. Also what are we giving up to take that risk?

That imo leaves Option 3. Roll with Sam. I just disagree with him being our quarterback and seeing the same results or even worse (1 game under .500) that we did this year. The fact that you think he wouldn’t be a better option than Taylor, or even Wentz is questionable to say the least. We “should” have a better D next year if we address LB and CB. Young will be fully healthy. We certainly “should” still have our RB’s and WR’s intact. See to me the question isn’t Sam as much as it is who is calling the shots when it comes to personnel. Who is calling the plays? Who is the HC? But even if we ran it back with this same exact team and staff ( ) I see Sam as an upgrade. Imo if Sam came in for that first Giants game and played the last month our season would not be over.
Option 1 is the only path to the playoffs next year

Option 2 is the only path to potential long term playoff contender/SB contender

Option 3 is digestible but most likely its just a car ride in a circle and we end back here in mediocrity purgatory at this same time next year wondering what to do with our 16th overall pick

--

It is what it is.

We have no control or say so.

I will cheer for whoever is under center.

With this team .. its doesnt matter.

until we land a stud QB1 ... its all the same shit, different year.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:37 PM   #132
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:

Option 3 is digestible but most likely its just a car ride in a circle and we end back here in mediocrity purgatory at this same time next year wondering what to do with our 16th overall pick

--

It is what it is.

We were 1 win away from the playoffs this year with Heinicke and Wentz.

Howell will be better than both of them next year. We can absolutely make the playoffs with Howell as our QB.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 01:39 PM   #133
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Sam howell takes Down Dallas postgame

Quote:

--

It is what it is.

We we’re pretty damn close to the playoffs this year SS. Slightly better quarterback play would’ve got us there. I don’t think it is as doom and gloom as usual when the season is over but who knows? Competent staff and a new owner would br a great start. Howell may surprise us but we need the right people around him. See the 49’ers.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:40 PM   #134
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Interesting article from 2021 that looks at trading up for "your guy" It had been done 29 times in the common draft era with mixed results.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/s...ft-quarterback

I don't want to do a king's ransom for a guy because that gamble rarely seems to work but a modest trade up if we think we can get a first round grade prospect I'd be for it.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:46 PM   #135
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Interesting article from 2021 that looks at trading up for "your guy" It had been done 29 times in the common draft era with mixed results.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/s...ft-quarterback

I don't want to do a king's ransom for a guy because that gamble rarely seems to work but a modest trade up if we think we can get a first round grade prospect I'd be for it.
Mixed results? Mainly bad to terrible results.

Purveyor of fine Filth