QB Prospects Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-25-2024, 06:55 PM   #121
vallin21
The Starter

Re: QB Prospects Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
If we take him and his questionable arm at 2 Im going to lose my shit. Lol.
Lol.

Between JD, and JJMC, I’d take JD at #2, and I think we will. BUT being a Michigan fan and alum, I wouldn’t mind seeing JJMC play here. He’s better than many think; he’ll obviously have to prove it, and I think he will.

Just my percentage guess for us at #2

JD-60%
JJMC-35%
Trade back-5%

I’m not a fan of Maye
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-25-2024, 07:52 PM   #122
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I would like to take JD at 2 and trade back into the first to protect him. Could be a solid OT there at 36 but I would like to trade back into the first and get a Latham type.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 08:26 PM   #123
skinsfan69
Living Legend

All this JJ McC talk is just that. Talk. He is not worthy of being a top 5 pick and you just can not reach for a guy like that. Top 5 picks are for not only the elite players of college football, but an elite skill set. I think I watched this kid almost every week for two years. Just don't see it. Sure he was under center more than the other guys. And he may have been asked to do more at the line, but his talent level isn't there.

He looks like the perfect guy you take in the later rounds and develop. But cause he is a QB, and he played for the best team, and has Harbaugh telling everyone he's great, he has overdrafted written all over him. Please do not fall for the trap Mr Peters.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 08:35 PM   #124
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Whoever their guy is, I hope they take him at #2. I don't care if it's JJ, JD, DM, BN, MP...

Can't risk trading back and having to settle for someone else, because your guy is gone by the time you pick again.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 10:21 PM   #125
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
All this JJ McC talk is just that. Talk. He is not worthy of being a top 5 pick and you just can not reach for a guy like that. Top 5 picks are for not only the elite players of college football, but an elite skill set. I think I watched this kid almost every week for two years. Just don't see it. Sure he was under center more than the other guys. And he may have been asked to do more at the line, but his talent level isn't there.

He looks like the perfect guy you take in the later rounds and develop. But cause he is a QB, and he played for the best team, and has Harbaugh telling everyone he's great, he has overdrafted written all over him. Please do not fall for the trap Mr Peters.

Seriously. Harbaugh saying he had the greatest workout he has ever seen ( LOL) and the best quarterback in the class. Sure. He is so great that the same guy kept the ball on the ground for halves at a time. This buzz is gonna get him a payday he probably doesn’t deserve, and good for him. Just hope my team isn’t writing the check.
Old 03-25-2024, 10:30 PM   #126
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Seriously. Harbaugh saying he had the greatest workout he has ever seen ( LOL) and the best quarterback in the class. Sure. He is so great that the same guy kept the ball on the ground for halves at a time. This buzz is gonna get him a payday he probably doesn’t deserve, and good for him. Just hope my team isn’t writing the check.
Punch, if you're ramming the ball down a team's throat all game, there is no reason to pass it. You can't punish a QB for having a dominate running game. It's coaching malfeasance to pass the ball just for the sake of passing it, when you're dominating on the ground.

I'd run the same running play every single snap if it was working every time. Doesn't matter if Tom Brady was my QB.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 11:48 PM   #127
calia
Playmaker

Agreed but Punch’s point, I think, is that it’s hard to tout that kind of potential when the QB was so underutilized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2024, 12:08 AM   #128
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Agreed but Punch’s point, I think, is that it’s hard to tout that kind of potential when the QB was so underutilized.

We all have our reasons for why we want or don't want every option at QB.

But I don't think Michigan ran the ball more than other teams because McCarthy wasn't good enough. They ran the ball because they could pound that shit down your throat and you couldn't stop it. And they went 15-0. They were right.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 12:20 AM   #129
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Punch, if you're ramming the ball down a team's throat all game, there is no reason to pass it. You can't punish a QB for having a dominate running game. It's coaching malfeasance to pass the ball just for the sake of passing it, when you're dominating on the ground.

I'd run the same running play every single snap if it was working every time. Doesn't matter if Tom Brady was my QB.
We lived this last year. Not that we "dominated" on the ground, but we had a very good average when we did decide to run the ball.

Having a QB who can, but doesn't have to, is a good place to be.
Old 03-26-2024, 01:23 AM   #130
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
We all have our reasons for why we want or don't want every option at QB.

But I don't think Michigan ran the ball more than other teams because McCarthy wasn't good enough. They ran the ball because they could pound that shit down your throat and you couldn't stop it. And they went 15-0. They were right.

Our points are consistent. They ran because they could (and when you can, you should - talking to you, EB). JJ didn’t have to do as much and so we haven’t seen as much - I think that was all Punch was saying, although he came correct me.

Old 03-26-2024, 08:33 AM   #131
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

QB Prospects Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post

It is both. There were most certainly times that Michigan would have / could have thrown the ball and stuck the dagger in a team if JJ had a big boy arm.

Yes SD I know Michigan had a dominant run game but it is no secret that running was the “safe” bet in situations where a deep ball would have been lights out.

Number two pick and you got elite arms available. Take one.

Obviously Peters and Co know things I dont and if they pick him at 2 I will get behind it. But the first time he floats one downfield Im putting on adult diapers. Lol.

Last edited by punch it in; 03-26-2024 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:35 AM   #132
davy
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Whoever their guy is, I hope they take him at #2. I don't care if it's JJ, JD, DM, BN, MP...

Can't risk trading back and having to settle for someone else, because your guy is gone by the time you pick again.
Nice to see Bo Nix get a mention.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:49 PM   #133
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post
Nice to see Bo Nix get a mention.

I doubt he's in play, but who knows.

It's probably just as everyone surmises - between Maye and Daniels. My gut tells me it's going to be Daniels. He's dynamic, has almost twice as many college games under his belt as Maye (55 - 30), better stats against better competition, and he has seemingly improved every single year.

Maye's probably going to be a good NFL QB - maybe great eventually. However, I don't see how you pass on Daniels...
Old 03-26-2024, 07:55 PM   #134
davy
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post

I doubt he's in play, but who knows.

It's probably just as everyone surmises - between Maye and Daniels. My gut tells me it's going to be Daniels. He's dynamic, has almost twice as many college games under his belt as Maye (55 - 30), better stats against better competition, and he has seemingly improved every single year.

Maye's probably going to be a good NFL QB - maybe great eventually. However, I don't see how you pass on Daniels...
I've watched most of JDs games now and the number of times I've gone "WOW! nice throw" is far outweighed by the number of times I've gone "UGH! what was that?".

Not a fan at all.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM   #135
rocnrik
Playmaker

simple Question to all ..

Do you believe the Commanders know who they will pick at Number 2 or do you buy into all the talk about "it's an ongoing process " blah blah .. 😃
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote