Let's talk good beer

Parking Lot

Old 05-29-2020, 10:02 AM   #1321
MTK
\m/

Re: Let's talk good beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Sadly one of the Breweries that I like from up in New England has closed due to the pandemic ,it seems I might not get to make my yearly beer run this fall.
which one is that

Advertisements
Old 05-29-2020, 10:04 AM   #1322
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
If you can ever get up there, it's a freaking GORGEOUS brewery. Beer good and atmosphere is even better:

I second this. We stopped in at the 2nd leg of our bike trip from Cumberland to DC along the C&O. Beer was a much need respite from our journey, and I got drunk enough to bid (and win) a large framed picture of a deer.

My wife was not pleased with my antics.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:57 PM   #1323
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Today was bottling day for me. I brewed an American Pale Ale for 4th of July. Had a few hops left over from other recipes and threw together a recipe of all US sourced ingredients. Wasn't sure if it would turn out well but turned out pretty good a bit more hoppy than a traditional pale ale. I am guessing the bottles will fly at our "neighborhood" 4th celebration.
(tried to insert images but wasn't able to)

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q..._gf0MFItZZbQZ1

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...-EUOhIMRK-dYed

Currently drinking a Leinenkugel Summer Shandy while tubing down the river. That is a refreshing wheat beer on a warm day.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:24 AM   #1324
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post

Currently drinking a Leinenkugel Summer Shandy while tubing down the river. That is a refreshing wheat beer on a warm day.
Like literally drinking a beer, tubing down the river and posting this? Got the six pack cooling in the water with a string on it tied to your toe?

Fucking jealous. I award you the "YOLO!!" badge.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:26 AM   #1325
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Six pack was tied to the tube. I did have to wait till I had cell phone reception it is a bit spotty where I live.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:52 AM   #1326
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Six pack was tied to the tube. I did have to wait till I had cell phone reception it is a bit spotty where I live.
I love driving up 83 past where you live. its goes from Baltimore City to nice country real quick. I imagine Cockeysville is blowing up. seemed like that was country 10 years ago.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:57 PM   #1327
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

You know I have lived here for so long it is hard for me to recognize the year to year changes that occur. Cockeysville is always so busy it is easier to get to Towson that to fight York rd down there. I am pretty fortunate. I work less than 3 miles from my home, have the Gunpowder State Park less than a mile, the NCR trail is 10 minutes away.

Back to the topic at hand Cockeysville has a good new brewery in Hunt Valley called BC Brewery and their street tacos are great.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:20 PM   #1328
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Went to grab sushi yesterday and went to the store to peruse the beer stumbled across the Union Craft Brewing section and noticed a beer called "Divine" with the slogan A Perversely Hoppy Ale. Now I am not a native son of Baltimore but I know enough of its seedy underbelly to know about Divine. Any beer that pays homage to her better deliver the goods. It was well hopped with citrus hops and very tasty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_(performer)

I also picked up some Founders All Day Session IPA. What we called 20 years a go a pale ale.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:22 PM   #1329
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
which one is that
Berkshire Brewing Company but now my brother says in might reopen in a month . The other I like is the Big Elm Brewing Company ,they had closed their Tap room but stayed open for sales.
Old 06-13-2020, 02:04 AM   #1330
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I'm bored out of my mind right now. Not ready for sleep.

If you could only have 1 beer (doesn't even have to be beer) for the rest of your life, what would it be? Doesn't even have to be in business anymore. The only qualifications are: it has alcohol and you've had at least 1 of them.

Mine is the Alesmith .394 (the Tony Gwynn beer) pale ale. If Jager bombs were sustainable, that would be up there too.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 07:37 AM   #1331
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

If you could only have 1 beer (doesn't even have to be beer) for the rest of your life, what would it be? Doesn't even have to be in business anymore. The only qualifications are: it has alcohol and you've had at least 1 of them.

Mine is the Alesmith .394 (the Tony Gwynn beer) pale ale. If Jager bombs were sustainable, that would be up there too.

Truly amazing stuff!

Old 06-13-2020, 08:18 AM   #1332
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:

Great question, for me Prima Pils by Victory Brewing Company. If you’re making me drink only one beer the rest of my life it has to be suitable for every situation and mood. It has to be crushable, it has to be flavorful, it has to go great on Thanksgiving as equally as it goes at a July 4 BBQ, it has to satisfy without making me feel full, it has to pair with food, has to go great in the sunshine or in the shower. This one does all of it. I can drink 10 at a party or I can sip one with a filet at a fine steakhouse.

I love the Pilsner style and this is one of the best in the world.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:22 AM   #1333
Schneed10
A Dude

I like hearing about beers from other states. Everyone should be required to answer sd’s question here, I think you asked the best question that has ever been asked on The Warpath except for maybe Question 3 or favorite pie.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:06 AM   #1334
MTK
\m/

Quote:

Good question, I’d probably go with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. It’s one of those OG craft beers. A lot of times shopping for beer can feel overwhelming with all the choices and SN is often my go to. It’s basic enough that most people who claim to not like craft beer still like it and most beer snobs will admit it’s super solid. And I like the alcohol is only 5% so it’s very crushable.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:13 AM   #1335
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

1. Bell’s Two Hearted Ale

2. Cigar City Jai Alai IPA

Both strong body, hoppy and refreshing

Ive noticed a big trend of Ultra light body, hoppy ipa over the last five year..too light. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy some pale ale, citra ale stuff in the summer especially and I do love German & Czech pilsners , but a body consistency of iced tea or cheap American beer isn’t why I’m paying extra In the store.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote