Merged: The Movies Thread

Parking Lot

Old 10-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #1231
itvnetop
Playmaker

Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post

anyone seen contagion? thumbs up or down.
As long as you know what to expect from a Soderbergh flick, you'll dig it. It's pretty heady and I guess I wasn't expecting that when I saw it. Very realistic look at the fallout from such an outbreak.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #1232
over the mountain
Playmaker

i was watching tv with my lady the other night. she said something about "finally theres a tv show i might want to watch", i dont know wasnt really paying attention, i think some new show commercial came on. i went on this 5 minute rant about how network tv sucks nowadays becuase its all reality tv crap which costs less to produce and how middle america and those fat ****s from wisconsin are ruining tv for the rest of us because they watch whatever marketed crap hollywood wants to spoon feed them at the expense of east and west coast TV watching folk who dont get represented enough b/c everyone assumes we are actually out doing something in the city or world like we are all castmemebers of Friends and dont live in middle of nowhere america were a friday night out is a 2 hour stroll through walmart.

gosh dang people, what im trying to say is, if we east and west coast people stayed home more on the weeknights, skipped a few happy hours and actually started watching TV before 9 pm we wouldnt have our shows like arrested development canceled all the gosh damn time and we wouldnt have twelve versions of freakin ameican idol or fat farm to choose from.

put your asses back on the couch people, thats why we paid all that money for them.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:04 AM   #1233
over the mountain
Playmaker

legally blonde on tnt . . .dont judge
Old 10-10-2011, 01:43 AM   #1234
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I haven't read the book but I'm thinking maybe I should before The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo move comes out, or should I not? I've heard good things about the book. Really the main reason I want to see the movie is the curiosity factor with Rooney Mara
Old 10-10-2011, 01:45 AM   #1235
over the mountain
Playmaker

does anyone else have comcast?
i swear to ****ing god, we got like 12 movies on hd demand. im burning biloxi blues tonight and im saving uncle buck for november ..these assholes, its like im visint gmy neighbor in 1996 college all over again, a bunch shit ass movies no body wants anyways.

**** you comcast, i own more movies than you do
Old 10-10-2011, 01:50 AM   #1236
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I haven't read the book but I'm thinking maybe I should before The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo move comes out, or should I not? I've heard good things about the book. Really the main reason I want to see the movie is the curiosity factor with Rooney Mara
really? my lady read the series and i had to see the whole movie series.

i recommend you two scissoring and maybe she can transfer her estrogen loathed species onto you and you can forgo the whole read a chick book series thing . . itll save you some time.

j/k sarcasm, hope you were also joking. the first movie is real good the rest progressivley suck. boom! saved you time and money man style.

ps - you do see her mosquito bits like twelve times throughout the series of movies, if your into that whole mara theme . . . i enjoyed it. it was like a rain drop dying in a desert that is a horrid movie

Last edited by over the mountain; 10-10-2011 at 01:53 AM.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:04 AM   #1237
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

You totally lost me. American version with Mara hasn't even come out yet.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:14 AM   #1238
over the mountain
Playmaker

wtf? ive seen atleast 3-4 of those girl with dragon tattoo, kick a hornets nest etc movies with maras daughter .... ive seen the whole series. trust, my lady has and read the whole series and i def got stuck watchin all the movies to the very end of the series. like i said, you can talk it over during her yoga preger sessions . .

watching biloxi and the use of last names reminds me of fishburne military academy. i didnt shit for a month, still got the hemroid from that joint, ****ing assholes

ps - SS, no hate buddy. the life i live al bundy dreams of aright. i work two jobs, drive no less than 2 hours a day in a car without a/c, i got a lady who makes hitler look understanding, i have to carry my oldest dog up and down my two flights of stairs in my rowhome a 12 ft wide, when i park the only spot left if im lucky to even find a spot is under a tree where the birds shot on your car so bad i got it washed for 11 bucks this past thursday and it still looked liked someone poured wet honey o oats all over my car . . .on top of the fact i stopped smoking the good green 3 months ago and cigarettes 5 days ago all b/c there is a baby on the way who at best is gonna be a good hustler, at worst a bad salesman . . . even the skins going 3-1 im the guythats gotta piss on em .. . .all i got it beers at the corner bar with the fellas and what are they good for? an occasional frozend pound of deer meat.....life aint grand once you get that cutch pregnant. 2 in the mornin with the lady asleep drinking the last of a cold six pack is about as good as it grts for me nowadays. trust me ill take it, ill take tonight once a week or so every week for the next thousand weeks . . just ask mredskin or firstdown, im sure they know the good quiet night o drinking is a blessing

Last edited by over the mountain; 10-10-2011 at 02:47 AM.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:57 AM   #1239
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
wtf? ive seen atleast 3-4 of those girl with dragon tattoo, kick a hornets nest etc movies with maras daughter .... ive seen the whole series. trust, my lady has and read the whole series and i def got stuck watchin all the movies to the very end of the series. like i said, you can talk it over during her yoga preger sessions . .

watching biloxi and the use of last names reminds me of fishburne military academy. i didnt shit for a month, still got the hemroid from that joint, ****ing assholes

ps - SS, no hate buddy. the life i live al bundy dreams of aright. i work two jobs, drive no less than 2 hours a day in a car without a/c, i got a lady who makes hitler look understanding, i have to carry my oldest dog up and down my two flights of stairs in my rowhome a 12 ft wide, when i park the only spot left if im lucky to even find a spot is under a tree where the birds shot on your car so bad i got it washed for 11 bucks this past thursday and it still looked liked someone poured wet honey o oats all over my car . . .on top of the fact i stopped smoking the good green 3 months ago and cigarettes 5 days ago all b/c there is a baby on the way who at best is gonna be a good hustler, at worst a bad salesman . . . even the skins going 3-1 im the guythats gotta piss on em .. . .all i got it beers at the corner bar with the fellas and what are they good for? an occasional frozend pound of deer meat.....life aint grand once you get that cutch pregnant. 2 in the mornin with the lady asleep drinking the last of a cold six pack is about as good as it grts for me nowadays. trust me ill take it, ill take tonight once a week or so every week for the next thousand weeks . . just ask mredskin or firstdown, im sure they know the good quiet night o drinking is a blessing
if this isn't drunk thread material...

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #1240
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You totally lost me. American version with Mara hasn't even come out yet.
I'm guessing he's talking about the Swedish versions of the movies, which I personally didn't really like. But I'd definitely looking forward to the new movie.

I REALLY liked the first book (Dragon Tattoo), it reminded me a bit of the Hannibal Lector series, but the other two weren't nearly as good. They just sort of dragged on.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #1241
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I'm guessing he's talking about the Swedish versions of the movies, which I personally didn't really like. But I'd definitely looking forward to the new movie.

I REALLY liked the first book (Dragon Tattoo), it reminded me a bit of the Hannibal Lector series, but the other two weren't nearly as good. They just sort of dragged on.

I thought the Swedish version was one of the best book-moive adaptation I have ever seen.

What gets fustrating for me is trying to read the sub-titles and see the action at the same time.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #1242
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

funny you mentioned me when I was reading it I became jealous when I read you actually still get to go to a bar.

You think it is tough now wait until that little one shows up, you have not even come close to the big hill on this roller coaster OTM.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #1243
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Die Hard 5's Title Revealed - Movies News at IGN

I think they should go with the first person's selection in the comments, called "Old Habits Die Hard."
Old 10-16-2011, 02:38 AM   #1244
over the mountain
Playmaker

quarantine - a horrible movie. i am hammer time but i feel bad for giving ss an uneccessary hard time. but man .. im hammer! i watched 2 movies since coming home tonight. havana with robert redford was hoorid, i gave it a good 30 mins. i then put on quaratine which i actually thought i liked when i saw previews a few years earlier.

quatine was a HORRIBLE MOVIE> man, i spent almost 2 hrs in that absolutely pourous take the public for a plot money movie ... they even made a sequel i think . . .
Old 10-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #1245
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I thought the Swedish version was one of the best book-moive adaptation I have ever seen.

What gets fustrating for me is trying to read the sub-titles and see the action at the same time.
The Swedish version was about as good as you're going to get in terms of adaptation and the first of movie of the series is really good. I doubt if the American version tops it.

That said, I would read the books first because as good as the movies are, the book(s) are even better.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote