Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 09:49 AM   #1231
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Now the Chiefs are in need of a LT
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kmb...place/29110283

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth

Last edited by SFREDSKIN; 09-19-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Advertisements
Old 09-19-2019, 10:36 AM   #1232
GridIron26
Playmaker

My problem with the idea of trading Williams to contender teams in need for LT is late draft picks. Contender teams are expected to have late 1st round pick, which equivalents to 2nd round picks and we all know Redskins's history with 2nd round picks.

Edit: I can see a workaround this issue - we could package Redskins's 1st round pick with late 1st round pick that we got for Williams, to move up and draft a top 2-3 LT player BUT this requires things that are out of Redskins' control to fall together.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:42 AM   #1233
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
My problem with the idea of trading Williams to contender teams in need for LT is late draft picks. Contender teams are expected to have late 1st round pick, which equivalents to 2nd round picks and we all know Redskins's history with 2nd round picks.

Edit: I can see a workaround this issue - we could package Redskins's 1st round pick with late 1st round pick that we got for Williams, to move up and draft a top 2-3 LT player BUT this requires things that are out of Redskins' control to fall together.
I’m ok with it if they throw Kendall Fuller in the deal.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 09-19-2019, 10:59 AM   #1234
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

I dont see any team trading a 1st for Trent, especially a non-contending team that will have a top 15 pick. Id prefer 2 2nds anyway.

Bigger roadblock I think is that Trent only has 1 more year on his current deal with a 2020 14.6M cap hit. I think it will require a "sign and trade" so the new team has a guarantee Trent is committed for reasonable value beyond 2020.

Sign and trade seems impossible with a guy like Bruce doing the "communications".
Old 09-19-2019, 11:47 AM   #1235
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I would rather trade Trent to the Chiefs than the Pats, those mf'ers don't need any more help.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-19-2019, 12:04 PM   #1236
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

at this point I don't care where he goes and I don't care about cap relief because our situation going into next year is very good, even with Albatross Smith contract. Norman, Reed, TW, and AP will all most like be gone...that's a lot of dough. Also, Kerrigan doesn't have a lot if any guaranteed money left next year either. Vernon davis and CT contract are up as well.

I really want Bruce gone now, because there will be a lot at stake personel wise this coming off season....lot of old players out and most likely a Coaching staff decision. BRUCE NEEDS TO GO BEFORE THESE DECISIONS ARE MADE.

I want picks for Trent now

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 09-19-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:19 PM   #1237
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

The Redskins are going to have a top 5-10 pick. Maybe higher. So trading TW to basically move up a spot or two or three seems silly to me. Get whatever you can for him before we get nothing. It doesn’t really freakin matter because until Burns and Smithers are gone we are doomed. Burns is never leaving, and Smithers is whoever the fuck he hires to do his bidding. Basically the Once proud franchise is extinct and there is nothing we can do but remember the good ole days. Fuck you Dan Snyder. You idiot.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:21 PM   #1238
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

It seems like everyone is in denial. Lol. As long as Snyder is in charge there will never be real football minds here. Is it because he doesn’t want to be the mastermind? Is it because he has no idea who that might be? Is it because no sought after gm would ever work for him? Combination of all three most likely. We are a one step forward two steps back organization. Something happens- a pick, a free agent acquisition, a seemingly smart hire in the FO, and we all think holy shit FINALLY we are headed in the right direction and than its carnage two fold.
Free yourselves from the agony that is the worst owner in sports. Go fly kites on Sundays. Spend time with your families. Maybe fly kites with your families. Make your weeks whole again during football season.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:28 PM   #1239
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It seems like everyone is in denial. Lol.
really? It seems like everyone is on the same page and have been for a long time. Perhaps we have degrees of just how bad it is but I think everyone knows we have one of the worst organizations in all of sports.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:59 PM   #1240
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
really? It seems like everyone is on the same page and have been for a long time. Perhaps we have degrees of just how bad it is but I think everyone knows we have one of the worst organizations in all of sports.
Bottom 5 in football no doubt
Old 09-19-2019, 02:22 PM   #1241
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I say, considering his age, injury history and his current attitude, no one will trade a first for Trent, even a very late first. I will wait to be proven wrong. The Redskins would be lucky to get a high second at this juncture.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:22 PM   #1242
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

Im not trying to imply that anyone thinks we are on the verge of greatness. Lol. I agree totally with you about degrees of badness. I know its our team and we have no choice but to hold out hope. I think my comment was more about the TW saga. In other words I don’t think it matters wtf happens...we could get 10 first rounders and somehow under the direction of Douche Snyder we will squander the opportunity. It is really disheartening actually because the Redskins have pretty much been my favorite thing in the world since I was about 5 years old (1976) and I have little to no hope left that I will ever be excited for this team again. Not on a year to year basis anyway. Maybe a fleeting glimpse like 99 or RG-3.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:14 PM   #1243
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Cooley always says that Bruce Allen was/is Dan trying to be a good owner.

That statement is so nuanced and says so much with so few words.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2019, 06:54 PM   #1244
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I say, considering his age, injury history and his current attitude, no one will trade a first for Trent, even a very late first. I will wait to be proven wrong. The Redskins would be lucky to get a high second at this juncture.
Counterpoint, what's the second most valuable position after qb? Some might say mike linebacker, or pass rusher, most would say your qb's blindside tackle.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:04 PM   #1245
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I would rather trade Trent to the Chiefs than the Pats, those mf'ers don't need any more help.
NE does not have the cap room to trade a draft pick for Trent. And does his salary count against the Redskins cap?

The Redskins are going to need lots of draft picks because next year will be a major rebuilding mode.

They will need T, G, TE, WR, RB, QB and almost everything on defense as well.
Closed Thread