Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-03-2021, 09:35 PM   #1216
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Media Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Let me guess Reddit is mad at daily wire cause they are a top conservative website?

You should check it Mooby
That's the best you have after being put in your place ,you should be ashamed!

Advertisements
Old 07-04-2021, 07:32 AM   #1217
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
That's the best you have after being put in your place ,you should be ashamed!
You tell me why…cause I’m not seeing it.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 12:07 PM   #1218
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
You tell me why…cause I’m not seeing it.
No shit! You have pretty much missed everything for a while.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:47 AM   #1219
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Your take up for a lying coward like Reich because he is a liberal who says one thing and does the complete opposite.

It’s clown shit, it’s a grift…you’ve been duped
The article you posted was about 1 old house built pre 1900s that a developer wanted to take down and build a 5 unit duplex thing.

Im sure there are much better situations and articles to be a medium for the pros and cons of affordable housing.

I posted a long article about the Wharf development in DC that has a lot more meat on the bone if we wanted to chew on the pros and cons of affordable housing and gentrification.

Gentrification, white flight and now the white return ... that interests me for the sociology and nature of humans approach .... I really dont give a shit about trying to score political points on here or defending some dude I dont know who wrote a letter about 1 old house in a city all the way across the country.

I was in Bethany Beach this weekend with my brother who just bought a beach house for 620k about 5 miles from the beach. And he didnt even view or look at the house before buying it. Bought it online. Some of his buddies also bought beach houses this summer, one bought a 1.5M beach house.

It was stunning to spend time with the "haves" of the world. I bought my townhouse for 240k ... imagine having income to just buy a beach house for 620k to 1.5M just because.

I hated Trump and did play the "us v them" when he was president .. but now? man i really really really dont give a shit about defending a D.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:19 AM   #1220
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
The article you posted was about 1 old house built pre 1900s that a developer wanted to take down and build a 5 unit duplex thing.

Im sure there are much better situations and articles to be a medium for the pros and cons of affordable housing.

I posted a long article about the Wharf development in DC that has a lot more meat on the bone if we wanted to chew on the pros and cons of affordable housing and gentrification.

Gentrification, white flight and now the white return ... that interests me for the sociology and nature of humans approach .... I really dont give a shit about trying to score political points on here or defending some dude I dont know who wrote a letter about 1 old house in a city all the way across the country.

I was in Bethany Beach this weekend with my brother who just bought a beach house for 620k about 5 miles from the beach. And he didnt even view or look at the house before buying it. Bought it online. Some of his buddies also bought beach houses this summer, one bought a 1.5M beach house.

It was stunning to spend time with the "haves" of the world. I bought my townhouse for 240k ... imagine having income to just buy a beach house for 620k to 1.5M just because.

I hated Trump and did play the "us v them" when he was president .. but now? man i really really really dont give a shit about defending a D.
It’s a bad look per the usua from Reich, if he was a champion of the cause he woulda demanded most were low income and not a weak letter of support. But again the federal government should have no business blackmailing local municipalities to change zoning laws under any circumstances. In the county I grew up in, which is deeply red and extremely well managed, have always built affordable housing and have partnered with agencies to provide it…it’s well plan and space was carved out that made sense…near buslines and places that provide services which accommodate the community. The narrative of suburbia is racist cause they don’t want high density properties…just shows the lack of understanding by elite progressives about the community itself.

He Gets Us
Old 07-07-2021, 12:05 PM   #1221
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
It’s a bad look per the usua from Reich, if he was a champion of the cause he woulda demanded most were low income and not a weak letter of support. But again the federal government should have no business blackmailing local municipalities to change zoning laws under any circumstances. In the county I grew up in, which is deeply red and extremely well managed, have always built affordable housing and have partnered with agencies to provide it…it’s well plan and space was carved out that made sense…near buslines and places that provide services which accommodate the community. The narrative of suburbia is racist cause they don’t want high density properties…just shows the lack of understanding by elite progressives about the community itself.
Again .. what I bolded is just Tucker Carlsons opinion and the Westchester story he used to try and substantiate his opinion Ive shown he had the actual facts completely wrong.

If you share Tucker Carlsons unsupported hyperbole ... cool, your opinion.

No one is pushing this narrative that the suburbs are racist .. except Carlson. Ive noticed a conservative PR push to try and make it seem like democrats are "going after" suburbia ... seems like you agree and will be a good soldier and repeat ad nauseum these contrived conservative talking points as some sort of "us v them" rallying cry.
Old 07-21-2021, 03:58 PM   #1222
SunnySide
Playmaker

https://www.foxnews.com/media/clay-t...oss-of-ratings

Clay Travis, founder of Outkick.com, spoke with Fox News' Brian Kilmeade on "Fox & Friends" about the ongoing issues plaguing the NBA and the Tokyo Olympics. He said the NBA is pivoting from their "woke" campaign after seeing two years of bad ratings and warned of "nervousness" surrounding the Olympics amid looming fears of COVID-19.

CLAY TRAVIS: This is the go woke, get broke synopsis year. Last year, worst ratings of all time for the NBA. This year, second worst ratings all time. It's not a coincidence. They went political. Now they're trying to George Costanza-style pretend it never happened. There was almost zero politics this year. That's going to be tough.

-------------

Fox News fails to mention that the Daytona 500 and Masters posted their lowest tv numbers this year.

I dont understand why sports viewing is down across all sports, I imagine DVR and so many non-sports streaming options ... but its funny to see Fox News try and make it seem like its a result of backlash to "woke" sports by isolating the NBA and Olympics.

All sports viewing are way down.

Its just funny how Fox News manipulates its audience.
Old 07-21-2021, 08:18 PM   #1223
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/clay-t...oss-of-ratings

Clay Travis, founder of Outkick.com, spoke with Fox News' Brian Kilmeade on "Fox & Friends" about the ongoing issues plaguing the NBA and the Tokyo Olympics. He said the NBA is pivoting from their "woke" campaign after seeing two years of bad ratings and warned of "nervousness" surrounding the Olympics amid looming fears of COVID-19.

CLAY TRAVIS: This is the go woke, get broke synopsis year. Last year, worst ratings of all time for the NBA. This year, second worst ratings all time. It's not a coincidence. They went political. Now they're trying to George Costanza-style pretend it never happened. There was almost zero politics this year. That's going to be tough.

-------------

Fox News fails to mention that the Daytona 500 and Masters posted their lowest tv numbers this year.

I dont understand why sports viewing is down across all sports, I imagine DVR and so many non-sports streaming options ... but its funny to see Fox News try and make it seem like its a result of backlash to "woke" sports by isolating the NBA and Olympics.

All sports viewing are way down.

Its just funny how Fox News manipulates its audience.
Well not sure about overall but I imagine a significant percentage of Redskins fans left the team and the NFL after last years decision to retire the name. Would be curious to see what the hit actually was but I bet they never do a study on this (Especially after the WP polls backfired on them).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 11:41 AM   #1224
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The Co-Founder Of Snopes Wrote Dozens Of Plagiarized Articles For The Fact-Checking Site

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...rism-mikkelson

In case you didn’t already know, the so called fact checking sites like Snopes and Politifact are made of all liars and should never be trusted as honest facts. These are liberal funded, liberal lying propaganda sites with explicit bias. Refer to the facts above

He Gets Us
Old 08-14-2021, 12:01 PM   #1225
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
The Co-Founder Of Snopes Wrote Dozens Of Plagiarized Articles For The Fact-Checking Site

In case you didn’t already know, the so called fact checking sites like Snopes and Politifact are made of all liars and should never be trusted as honest facts. These are liberal funded, liberal lying propaganda sites with explicit bias. Refer to the facts above
There are very few sites you can trust right or left, even NPR has had it's problems. Best to go to foreign sites from non English speaking countries (Al Jazeera is actually pretty good as long as you aren't watching/reading about middle east issues). In the US the Wall Street Journal is by far the most trustworthy (luckily Murdoch kept his hands off their reporting and opinion pages-it really is a big drop off after them) then NPR and NRO. All TV news has become untrustworthy.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 12:41 PM   #1226
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Even the HVAC guys, the most trustworthy of all news sources, are starting to get biased out here in SD. But at least they're forthright about it:

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 07:03 PM   #1227
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

chico , according to you all media lies, then why do you believe what "buzz feed says", how do you know they're telling the truth?

Old 08-14-2021, 08:23 PM   #1228
Giantone
Gamebreaker

chico............................................

Old 08-14-2021, 09:12 PM   #1229
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Even the HVAC guys, the most trustworthy of all news sources, are starting to get biased out here in SD. But at least they're forthright about it:

Are you getting your news from your HVAC guy?

I tend to get the most trustworthy news from my personal mechanic.
Old 08-15-2021, 12:32 AM   #1230
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Are you getting your news from your HVAC guy?

I tend to get the most trustworthy news from my personal mechanic.
Yeah, I'm an HVAC kind of guy. But I could see rolling with your local mechanic too.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote