Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-03-2021, 06:34 PM   #1216
MTK
\m/

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Sure, neither is a win. ... but then don't tell me New York has had an effective strategy "overall" after repeatedly blasting Florida's response. Even with the latest surge and a larger at risk population, Florida will end up with a lower death total both in raw numbers and per capita.

... I mean, I just glanced at the thread and you're shitting all over DeSantis. I don't give a flying fuck about him, but your intellectual dishonesty in advancing your chosen narrative is nothing new to this whole debate.

You aren't the first and won't be the last to just ignore inconvenient facts that don't support whatever point you are trying to make - whether it's insulting the "dumbs" or claiming vaccines kill more than covid. The gaslighting, intentional ignorance, intolerance, and just plain tribalism involved from both sides is exhausting.
This started because someone said Florida had the right response and NY got it wrong. My dislike for DeSantis goes deeper than just his handling of covid. In the end thousands are dead in both states but some seem more interested in keeping score or receipts. As far as NY's response something worked since last year right? NY was the epicenter at the beginning of all this. So did mask mandates, quarantines, and pushing the vaccine work in getting things back on track or nah?

Advertisements
Old 08-03-2021, 08:12 PM   #1217
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
I'm a Republican - see my posts. Romney is a Republican, McConnel is a Republican, Cheney is a Republican, etc.etc. etc. As a percentage I'd say just as few Dems call out Cuomo as Reps call out Trump.
So am I but except for(not sure) Cheney none of them called out trump for his sexual assaults' .

The 26 women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct
https://www.businessinsider.com/wome...t-list-2017-12
Old 08-03-2021, 08:38 PM   #1218
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So am I but except for(not sure) Cheney none of them called out trump for his sexual assaults' .

The 26 women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct
https://www.businessinsider.com/wome...t-list-2017-12

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:40 PM   #1219
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
This started because someone said Florida had the right response and NY got it wrong. My dislike for DeSantis goes deeper than just his handling of covid. In the end thousands are dead in both states but some seem more interested in keeping score or receipts. As far as NY's response something worked since last year right? NY was the epicenter at the beginning of all this. So did mask mandates, quarantines, and pushing the vaccine work in getting things back on track or nah?
I was that someone and then I provided the data that proved what I was saying. You may dislike DeSantis (I don't like him cozying up to Trump, I actually have a major problem over that) but you really can't criticize his handling of COVID (yet - I'll give you yet).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:59 AM   #1220
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Sure, neither is a win. ... but then don't tell me New York has had an effective strategy "overall" after repeatedly blasting Florida's response. Even with the latest surge and a larger at risk population, Florida will end up with a lower death total both in raw numbers and per capita.

... I mean, I just glanced at the thread and you're shitting all over DeSantis. I don't give a flying fuck about him, but your intellectual dishonesty in advancing your chosen narrative is nothing new to this whole debate.

You aren't the first and won't be the last to just ignore inconvenient facts that don't support whatever point you are trying to make - whether it's insulting the "dumbs" or claiming vaccines kill more than covid. The gaslighting, intentional ignorance, intolerance, and just plain tribalism involved from both sides is exhausting.

The entire state of Florida has roughly as many people in it as the city of Manhattan. You think maybe that crowds might have something to do with the spread when comparing deaths per capita or in raw numbers?

The at risk population or the older folks you are referencing in Florida are also the most likely to get vaccinated, and were the first to get vaccinated. They also do not gather at clubs, or elsewhere and rage the night away. They stay in alot and are in bed at 5 pm. It is much more likely the virus spreads among the younger, gathering crowds like you see in NYC.

Seems like you are ignoring inconvenient facts that don’t support whatever point it is you are trying to make, but you aren’t the first and won’t be the last a wiseman once said…..
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:28 AM   #1221
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Still here. Let me know when any info comes out that his policies, repeat his policies, have been detrimental. Florida having has a low vaccination rate which is causing their disproportionate spike in COIVD, however the idiots not getting a vaccine aren't following his policies. (BTW you never did answer the question - Do you still think Cuomo did a good job with COVID? Or your own governor for that matter? (Both of whose policy decisions lead to massive death increases due to COVID))

What policy led to a massive death increase in New Jersey or New York?

Like others on this thread you are comparing two of the most densely populated states in the country to Florida. You are still trying so hard to say the Democratic leaders fucked up yet Texas and Florida- two Republican led states where there are not people living on top of people are responsible right now for one third of new cases in the entire country.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:34 AM   #1222
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

If I read one more comment about NJ or NY being the problem ,….
Lets put 1000 people in a small room and 100 people in a big room and see what happens with the spread?
Come on people. Florida and Texas are a little easier to socially distance in than NYC or NJ. Take that into consideration before trying to let DeShithead and Texas off the hook. Not that we need to because even with NYC and NJ up against it as far as schematics go Florida and Texas are STILL leading the charge here.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:47 AM   #1223
mredskins
Gamebreaker

now i got start wearing a mask at work again

thanks un-vaccinated you are the fawking best
Old 08-04-2021, 08:52 AM   #1224
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
What policy led to a massive death increase in New Jersey or New York?

Like others on this thread you are comparing two of the most densely populated states in the country to Florida. You are still trying so hard to say the Democratic leaders fucked up yet Texas and Florida- two Republican led states where there are not people living on top of people are responsible right now for one third of new cases in the entire country.
Thing is, what happen in the beginning and what is happening now are two different things. Texas and Florida want to say see this is what we did but with this new variant it's not working and the ignorance of the government Officials and lack of awareness in the public in those two states is killing people. Everyone one wants to be freaking right when they should just want what is best and safe.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:56 AM   #1225
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
The entire state of Florida has roughly as many people in it as the city of Manhattan. You think maybe that crowds might have something to do with the spread when comparing deaths per capita or in raw numbers?

The at risk population or the older folks you are referencing in Florida are also the most likely to get vaccinated, and were the first to get vaccinated. They also do not gather at clubs, or elsewhere and rage the night away. They stay in alot and are in bed at 5 pm. It is much more likely the virus spreads among the younger, gathering crowds like you see in NYC.

Seems like you are ignoring inconvenient facts that don’t support whatever point it is you are trying to make, but you aren’t the first and won’t be the last a wiseman once said…..

Can I add, NYC gets on average 1.6 million people a day from outside the city and suburbs...a day Florida or Texas does not have that concentration in a small spot like NYC ,.....big difference......bigly!!!
Old 08-04-2021, 09:10 AM   #1226
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Typical. People can see the data and review the policies instituted… yet dismiss it cause it doesn’t line up politically

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:12 AM   #1227
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I'm a Republican - see my posts. Romney is a Republican, McConnel is a Republican, Cheney is a Republican, etc.etc. etc. As a percentage I'd say just as few Dems call out Cuomo as Reps call out Trump.
Literally everywhere Dems are calling out Cuomo for his behavior now.

Who could've imagined opinions would change as new reports and insights into his behavior are released?

I'm still waiting for his supporters to call out Trump for his behavior which has been thoroughly well-documented.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:29 AM   #1228
MTK
\m/

Looking at the total # of cases and deaths I am still not seeing why DeSantis should be praised while criticizing Cuomo at the same time, but I'm moving on. People are going to believe whatever they want.

In the end we all want the same thing right? To move past this and resume some sort of normal, whatever that is. But the fact is we're not going to get past it until more people are fully vaccinated. Those are the people we should be focused on right now. All this fighting between people who are doing the right things just isn't necessary. If you're vaxxed and mask up when needed I don't have a problem with you. If you're anti-mask and anti-vaxx, yeah I have a problem with you.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:35 AM   #1229
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Literally everywhere Dems are calling out Cuomo for his behavior now.

Who could've imagined opinions would change as new reports and insights into his behavior are released?

I'm still waiting for his supporters to call out Trump for his behavior which has been thoroughly well-documented.
Cuomo definitely doesn't have any allies left. I haven't heard anyone come out and support him. But yeah we're supposed to believe from the right that they called out Trump just the same. FFS.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:39 AM   #1230
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I was that someone and then I provided the data that proved what I was saying. You may dislike DeSantis (I don't like him cozying up to Trump, I actually have a major problem over that) but you really can't criticize his handling of COVID (yet - I'll give you yet).
https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...is-covid-awful

Column: Dear news media, Fla. Gov. DeSantis’ COVID record isn’t a success, but a failure

This is newer.............

https://www.newsweek.com/wrong-heade...record-1615052

POLITICS
'Wrong-Headed': Miami Beach Mayor Blames DeSantis After Florida Sets COVID-19 Case Record

Miami Beach Mayor Dan Gelber blamed Florida Governor Ron DeSantis after the state reported 21,683 new COVID-19 cases Saturday, its highest single-day total during the ongoing pandemic.

"We're not allowed to have mask mandates now, we were one of the first cities to require it and we charged a fine just to get people to do it. The governor stopped allowing us to do it and then immediately we saw a surge across our county and state when he did that," Gelber told CNN.

The Democratic mayor said city officials are "trying to do everything we can to get around the governor's very wrong-headed desires."