Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-30-2021, 10:27 AM   #1201
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Media Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I don’t know the story but if any local government lied to get federal money than that’s wrong under any rule. I really don’t think race had anything to do with it..it’s a liberal county, votes blue. I think it’s more a population density or just a nimby issue.

But I really do think think the federal government doesn’t have any business forcing re zoning laws to build high rise or lots of apartments…It’s more of an eye sore, traffic and population density issues.

Ill never forget I worked with a super liberal who knows Tim Kaine…the amount of hell she raised when an abandon mall project was to install affordable housing near her. All those progressives bitched and complained, finally stopped it. NIMBY always with the libs
"I worked with a super liberal lady who knows Tim Kaine - she's all for progressive causes until they tried to turn an old mall into affordable housing. She represents all liberals imo"

Advertisements
Old 06-30-2021, 10:55 AM   #1202
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Huh .. youre just repeating carlsons lie here.

Westchester wasnt forced to do anything. This was a grant for the specific purpose of helping communities maintain and develop low to moderate income housing. If you dont have low to moderate housing .... great but dont apply for grant money and lie on the forms saying you do.

Want to remain as a high income single family community? Great good for you ... but dont apply for low to moderate grant programs and play victim when you get caught.

Chico .. you dont have any kids but on your tax forms you claim a dependent child. IRS finds out a few years later .. I guess you and tucker carlson would start crying saying Obama made you have a baby.

Youre my boy chico but tucker carlson was 100% full of shit on this one to try and twist so much around just so he could say "obama bad" .. democrats want to destroy your white suburbs .. democrats want to steal votes

your better than this ... no one can defend tucker carlson here

I’ll ask it another way, does Biden administration support the federal government oversight and influence on state and local municipalities zoning laws?

Yes or no?

yes I agree liberal Westchester county or any county for that matter should not lie about about block grant money or any tax payers federal money. I never disputed that…I never dispute tucker bent the truth here. Of course he never said anything about race, that’s your opinion.

But also the gentrification of large liberal cities…seems a lil hypocritical not to speak to it as that has actual evidence of minorities being forced out of communities.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 06-30-2021 at 01:14 PM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:57 AM   #1203
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Huh .. youre just repeating carlsons lie here.

Westchester wasnt forced to do anything. This was a grant for the specific purpose of helping communities maintain and develop low to moderate income housing. If you dont have low to moderate housing .... great but dont apply for grant money and lie on the forms saying you do.

Want to remain as a high income single family community? Great good for you ... but dont apply for low to moderate grant programs and play victim when you get caught.

Chico .. you dont have any kids but on your tax forms you claim a dependent child. IRS finds out a few years later .. I guess you and tucker carlson would start crying saying Obama made you have a baby.

Youre my boy chico but tucker carlson was 100% full of shit on this one to try and twist so much around just so he could say "obama bad" .. democrats want to destroy your white suburbs .. democrats want to steal votes

your better than this ... no one can defend tucker carlson here

There is no reasoning with Q. They believe they are in a mission from God.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:59 AM   #1204
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I’ll ask it another way, does Biden administration support the federal government oversight and influence on state and local municipalities zoning laws?

Yes or no?

I yes I agree, liberal Westchester county or any county for that matter should not lie about about block grant money or any tax payers federal money. I never disputed that…I never dispute tucker bent the truth here. Of course he never said anything about race, that’s your opinion.

But aso the gentrification of large liberal cities…seems a lil hypocritical not to speak to it as that has actual evidence of minorities being forced out of communities.

Oh God here we go with the Liberals are the real racists again. Someone wake me up when he gets to the baby eating because this other Q stuff is just getting redundant and reworded. Boring.
Old 06-30-2021, 11:01 AM   #1205
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
"I worked with a super liberal lady who knows Tim Kaine - she's all for progressive causes until they tried to turn an old mall into affordable housing. She represents all liberals imo"
https://www.berkeleyside.org/2020/08...ng-and-history

Here is Robert Reich doing the same fucking thing. Sending a letter of support against a prosposal of affordable housing complex built in his neighborhood.

He didn’t even have the fucking balls to speak publicly…yet he can’t shut the fuck up about affordable housing across the county.

What a fucking coward.

Clinton cabinet member and Obama advisor…what a fucking piece of hypocritical shit

He Gets Us
Old 06-30-2021, 11:27 AM   #1206
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Here is Robert Reich doing the same fucking thing. Sending a letter of support against a prosposal of affordable housing complex built in his neighborhood.

He didn’t even have the fucking balls to speak publicly…yet he can’t shut the fuck up about affordable housing across the county.

What a fucking coward.

Clinton cabinet member and Obama advisor…what a fucking piece of hypocritical shit

Do they rent to blacks? Do they use those number crunching jews to do the accounting? Oh my bad. Wrong people.
Old 06-30-2021, 11:29 AM   #1207
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Im a liberal mooby. And that train of thought absolutely does not represent me. Off the top of my head i can think of about 300 other friends and family members that wouldn’t be represented by that lady.
Old 06-30-2021, 11:48 AM   #1208
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1285462

Clinton cabinet member and Obama advisor…what a fucking piece of hypocritical shit[/QUOTE]

You know what is hypocritical Chico? You remaining silent about all the bullshit your messiah has done, and said, and supported, and shot down for all these years and than combing Fox news and Q anon sites for any tidbit of news (real or not) so you can throw it at the wall and see if it sticks. Remaining silent about all the bullshit and than getting up on a soapbox as if you are horrified about some story you find where human beings lives come second. That, Chico, is what is hypocritical.
Old 06-30-2021, 02:44 PM   #1209
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
you know what is hypocritical chico? You remaining silent about all the bullshit your messiah has done, and said, and supported, and shot down for all these years and than combing fox news and q anon sites for any tidbit of news (real or not) so you can throw it at the wall and see if it sticks. Remaining silent about all the bullshit and than getting up on a soapbox as if you are horrified about some story you find where human beings lives come second. That, chico, is what is hypocritical.
......................+1
Old 06-30-2021, 02:47 PM   #1210
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

Yes or no?

But also the gentrification of large liberal cities…seems a lil hypocritical not to speak to it as that has actual evidence of minorities being forced out of communities.
1. Does Biden support feds influencing local zoning laws? I really dont know, ideally the fed would worry about fed stuff and anything not enumerated to the fed is state rights.

it seems any time fed money is going to local municipalities .. feds put in conditions as well as fed law must be followed even if it contradicts state or local law.

Big dumb general analogy might be I donate money but put in there "must only be used for benches in elm park" or something like that. fed money comes with riders.

Thats not a biden or trump or obama or nay president thing.

2. Gentrification of city spaces and displacement of the cities low income families who have been there generationally ... I have read a good bit on this. DC gives a really good local example.

DC Wharf development is a great example. A once crappy area gets bought up a big money developer who wants to build those mega developments with the wegmans and starbucks and restaurants on street level then million dollar condos above.

The low income people get bought out or displaced bc of rising taxes or rent etc.

Problem is there is no affordable housing for them. So they move to PG County which is now called Ward 9.

DC and cities like SF and others offer these big money developers incentives to include low to moderate income. Its not forced on them, its incentives to do so. DC offered the Wharf people a discount on the land sale, taxes etc and now the wharf has a percentage of affordable housing. NOT section 8 or no income people housing but affordable housing.

Cities are trying to retain their generational family connection while also encouraging development and tax revenue expansion.

Cities are in a tight spot. On the one hand, they want places like the Wharf to be developed into friendly, family fun spaces that bring in revenue .. but dont want to see all their low income families be pushed to the streets or burbs.

Drove through baltimore this weekend and my old neighborhood Locust Point has a zillion upscale tall condo buildings put up, I could barely recognize it. But its all concentrated to these small areas ... then we ended up in some non gentrified parts and the roads are shit, dudes with their dicks literally hanging out walking into traffic ...

My "burb" is mixed, have an apartment complex a football throw from my front door and thats where all the fast food trash, broken alcohol bottles etc come from.

I do hope to move into a single family home not around section 8 in the next few years.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 03:00 PM   #1211
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

Dang brother ... did you read the article?

I dont know Reich and dont give a shit about defending him but ..this article is about whether this single home in berkeley should be preserved as historic landmark or developed into like a 5 unit duplex.

Reich supported the 130 year old house as being designated a historic landmark

AND

said the proposal would include exactly 1 low income unit.

This article is a very poor choice to examine or discuss low or affordable housing in major cities.
---------------

I 100% agree with your premise .. people support low income housing .. until low income housing comes to their street. Then its "oh fuck no". I wish I had affordable housing arund my house, I got straight up section 8 and it sucks. Littering and loittering non stop.

Denmark prided itself on being open and accepting and tolerant of other cultures .. then muslim immigrants started showing up and they are passing special rules for "non-western" immigrants.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 06:21 PM   #1212
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Here's your media bias right here.
Old 07-03-2021, 08:14 PM   #1213
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
1. Does Biden support feds influencing local zoning laws? I really dont know, ideally the fed would worry about fed stuff and anything not enumerated to the fed is state rights.

it seems any time fed money is going to local municipalities .. feds put in conditions as well as fed law must be followed even if it contradicts state or local law.

Big dumb general analogy might be I donate money but put in there "must only be used for benches in elm park" or something like that. fed money comes with riders.

Thats not a biden or trump or obama or nay president thing.

2. Gentrification of city spaces and displacement of the cities low income families who have been there generationally ... I have read a good bit on this. DC gives a really good local example.

DC Wharf development is a great example. A once crappy area gets bought up a big money developer who wants to build those mega developments with the wegmans and starbucks and restaurants on street level then million dollar condos above.

The low income people get bought out or displaced bc of rising taxes or rent etc.

Problem is there is no affordable housing for them. So they move to PG County which is now called Ward 9.

DC and cities like SF and others offer these big money developers incentives to include low to moderate income. Its not forced on them, its incentives to do so. DC offered the Wharf people a discount on the land sale, taxes etc and now the wharf has a percentage of affordable housing. NOT section 8 or no income people housing but affordable housing.

Cities are trying to retain their generational family connection while also encouraging development and tax revenue expansion.

Cities are in a tight spot. On the one hand, they want places like the Wharf to be developed into friendly, family fun spaces that bring in revenue .. but dont want to see all their low income families be pushed to the streets or burbs.

Drove through baltimore this weekend and my old neighborhood Locust Point has a zillion upscale tall condo buildings put up, I could barely recognize it. But its all concentrated to these small areas ... then we ended up in some non gentrified parts and the roads are shit, dudes with their dicks literally hanging out walking into traffic ...

My "burb" is mixed, have an apartment complex a football throw from my front door and thats where all the fast food trash, broken alcohol bottles etc come from.

I do hope to move into a single family home not around section 8 in the next few years.
1. Yes the Biden administration supports federal forcing zoning laws. That’s a yes and it’s wrong.

2.Here clear evidence of gentrification: City’s are in a tight spot…so forcing out minority to PG is fine. Federal forcing zone issue..Suburbia is “racist” (somehow?) because they won’t allow apartments built into their neighborhood.

We disagree SS, that’s fine

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 07-03-2021 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-03-2021, 08:31 PM   #1214
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Dang brother ... did you read the article?

I dont know Reich and dont give a shit about defending him but ..this article is about whether this single home in berkeley should be preserved as historic landmark or developed into like a 5 unit duplex.

Reich supported the 130 year old house as being designated a historic landmark

AND

said the proposal would include exactly 1 low income unit.

This article is a very poor choice to examine or discuss low or affordable housing in major cities.
---------------

I 100% agree with your premise .. people support low income housing .. until low income housing comes to their street. Then its "oh fuck no". I wish I had affordable housing arund my house, I got straight up section 8 and it sucks. Littering and loittering non stop.

Denmark prided itself on being open and accepting and tolerant of other cultures .. then muslim immigrants started showing up and they are passing special rules for "non-western" immigrants.
Your take up for a lying coward like Reich because he is a liberal who says one thing and does the complete opposite.

1. Look at the house…that’s of historical significance? It’s falling down trash and we can easily see they are using a loophole.

2. Funny how we aren’t aligning with the activist in the story who is claiming minorities have been historically forced out of this area and have an opportunity to change that with this project…they wouldn’t be involved if that wasn’t the case or are they just lying?

3. Reich refusing to speak and when asked saying only 1 unit if deemed affordable. This is the proposal to get plans on books for vote and not the final plan..he is looking for an out because he knows he’s being a hypocrite per the usual. If Reich was honestly a proponent for affordable housing he would support the project and demand most units be “deemed” affordable housing. You don’t do what he is doing.

This is a perfect example..white progressives using an bad faith loophole to keep out housing you want the federal government to impose.

This is like the Black Lives Matter ceo buying the mansion in 98% white elite neighborhood. When your actions do this, it’s tells everyone your not a serious person…no body pushing the lie of white supremacy moves into the the whitest neighborhood in Florida.

It’s clown shit, it’s a grift…you’ve been duped

He Gets Us
Old 07-03-2021, 08:34 PM   #1215
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Here's your media bias right here.
Let me guess Reddit is mad at daily wire cause they are a top conservative website?

You should check it Mooby

He Gets Us