Dallass Postgame Version 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-26-2020, 11:44 AM   #106
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Dallass Postgame Version 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgold View Post
I had no idea that the Boyz were that bad, now having said that let me say this...Kyle Allen is still a bum, we weren't playing The Packers yesterday, he did what he was supposed to do beat a worst team I'm still not convinced that he can start long term, I say that when we get to the meat of the season he'll revert back to his choking self, it's good to beat the dirty Dallas Cowboys but let's not make Allen the second coming of Montana..no confidence here when he faces a good team.
Well, I think he has to be given the chance to face some good teams before we can say he has no confidence against good teams.

With that said ... yeah, hes a good backup (a la colt mccoy) and a decent showing against an almost historically bad Cowboys defense that was on the field a lot bc their offense was a "3 n out" machine doesnt make him a possible long term answer imo.

Hes a good backup .. which has tons of value in todays NFL. If you have a contender team in a contender window, you better have a good backup so if your franchise QB goes down, you still have a shot.

Advertisements
Old 10-26-2020, 11:50 AM   #107
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Congrats coach!!

https://m.facebook.com/bleacherrepor...7742865688319/

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:54 AM   #108
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
My thoughts on the Dalton hit, I know it was a bonehead move by Bostic, but I feel that the NFL needs to change its rule on QBs period. The current rule gives a competitive advantage to QBs and makes defender second guess themselves when trying to tackle a running QB. I just feel that QBs should be fair game when they decide to run.
1. I think Bostic hit was 15 yards all day

2. 100% agree that its becoming unfair for defenders. in two ways - one when a Qb slides late and 2 when a Qb runs towards the sideline and defenders hold up then the Qb doesnt go out and runs it up the field. Defenders are so scared to get a 15 yarder they wont even hit a QB in bounds if he is nearing the sideline.

Mahomes a week or 2 ago, was running to the sideline and the defenders held up and then he kept going up field. Mahomes (another play) also was running to the sideline and stopped and did like a twirl and kept going up field.

Mahomes is going to get lit the fuck up one time and I hope there is no flag.

Russell Wilson is great at sliding, last night he slid late once, peterson hit him, no flag. I liked that.

I dont think QBs should get protection when they run as far as they can then slide at the last second. perhaps they should change the rule that QBs dont get protection if a defender is within 2 yards when a Qb initiates a slide. I doubt the NFL will change any Qb protection rule though.

----------------
Consider this exchange from Sunday’s Bengals-Ravens game, courtesy of the Week Five edition of Mic’d Up. Cincinnati defensive lineman Carlos Dunlap hits Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson near the sideline. Jackson falls, a flag comes out for unnecessary roughness, and the Ravens pick up 15 yards of field position.

Said Jackson after the play, “Man, he didn’t do sh-t. I tried to flop.”

Later in the clip, Jackson is seen and heard laughing as he says, “Ooooh, got a free play.”

It’s unlikely that this kind of admission will make officials less likely to throw a flag. It’s unknown whether it will make defenders more inclined to pull up and avoid all contact with quarterbacks. If they are going to fall down anyway, defenders may decide to give them a better reason to.

Regardless, flopping in football is real. As if anyone thought it wasn’t.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rawing-a-foul/

if its the playoffs ... im telling my defenders to not hold back on a sideline QB run. Dont hit him out of bounds but dont worry about a flag if you think you can hit him in bounds. Dont let up.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:04 PM   #109
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

No way is Kyle Allen a future starter for us lol, he had a very vanilla game plan yesterday and he managed it well.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:25 PM   #110
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Old 10-26-2020, 01:18 PM   #111
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
He's a stud.

Just from the way he started that speech: "I'm know I'm still a young guy, ain't a captain or nothing...", my guess is he hasn't been very vocal in the locker room as of yet. Which is just fine, because you do have to earn respect... I do think he has earned it though, and this is a great sign. This team needs his leadership, and more players with his character and drive.

BTW, Haskins should just hand over his C to this dude.
This. Just the way he approached it is exactly the way to do it as a young guy who still acts like he hasn't earned any respect in the locker room (even though we know that's not the case). Especially without having a stud veteran wideout to set the example, I hope the rest of our young wideouts try to emulate him in their work ethic.
Old 10-26-2020, 02:51 PM   #112
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Matt Hasselbeck just compared the East crown to being the valedictorian of summer school. Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:09 PM   #113
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Matt Hasselbeck just compared the East crown to being the valedictorian of summer school. Lol.
It's bad but we've seen others be bad as well. This division has many haters
Old 10-26-2020, 03:13 PM   #114
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

One reason this season will be so bad for the division is that we play probably the 2 strongest divisions in the afc and nfc. That alone is worth 6 to 8 losses for all 4 teams. I don't remember another time that happened.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:32 PM   #115
MTK
\m/

In 2010 the Seahawks won the div with a 7-9 record, and in 2014 the Panthers won the div with a 7-8-1 record.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:48 PM   #116
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
In 2010 the Seahawks won the div with a 7-9 record, and in 2014 the Panthers won the div with a 7-8-1 record.
It's just a huge deal because of the historic teams in this div.. Nobody gives a shit about the NFCS or West lol
Old 10-26-2020, 03:57 PM   #117
MTK
\m/

Point is it's happened before, I know people like to think right here right now is totally unique but it's just not.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:14 PM   #118
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Point is it's happened before, I know people like to think right here right now is totally unique but it's just not.

It will be if someone gets in with 5 wins.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:11 PM   #119
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It will be if someone gets in with 5 wins.
Entirely possible.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:17 PM   #120
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I do like their chances to win 3 of the next 4 games though.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote