P90x

Parking Lot

Old 03-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #106
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: P90x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Those green tea pills can have a lot of caffeine in them so you have to watch out. They have lower caffeine versions that are much better.
That's basically it. I don't really have caffeine sensitivity as far as most teas and coffees go, but the pills get me all crazy. Best bet is to just get the Green Tea Extract capsules or drops.

I absolutely despised ephedra, stuff drove me nuts.. I know that it'll subside after a week or two but I just can't stand feeling like that for even an hour
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #107
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
That's basically it. I don't really have caffeine sensitivity as far as most teas and coffees go, but the pills get me all crazy. Best bet is to just get the Green Tea Extract capsules or drops.

I absolutely despised ephedra, stuff drove me nuts.. I know that it'll subside after a week or two but I just can't stand feeling like that for even an hour
yeah the green tea pills say to take two in the morning and two with lunch, i took one in the morning and will probably take the second at lunch, it's not too bad in a smaller dose. and i can handle the caffine way better than the f-ing gitters and insane heartbeat you get from ephedra, a few years ago i was all about it i would do in in cycles month on 2 weeks off, i bought a s ton when it became illegal, i still have probably 3 or 4 unopened bottles that i most likely won't ever use.

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #108
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Yeah I bought some 1-test and 4-ad right before the prohormone ban but never ended up using it.. wanted to wait another year or two but stuff came up and I wasn't lifting anymore.. doubt it's any good now
Old 03-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #109
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
do explain...
I was walking down the street and got jumped for absolutely no reason. I didn’t say anything, look at anyone, touch anyone, or get in anyones way. I guess maybe the same mentality behind the flash mobs where behind this act? Definitely the worst part about it was the randomness and not being able to put any reason behind what happened. I don’t really want to go into details involving where or what exactly happened because fortunately the individuals were caught and there is a criminal proceeding taking place. Basically I shattered my cheek, crushed my eye socket, and broke my nose and temple. I always thought I had really strong bones, and I had never been knocked out even though Ive been in plenty of situations that would warrant breaking something or losing consciousness. Im doing a lot better, but my jaw doesn’t close properly which is getting really frustrating. When the surgeon told me I can start exercising in a month, I asked him about p90x – he said that may be too eXtreme, which I take as a pretty strong endorsement of p90x being legit.

So right before all this happened I bought tons of food from costco. I cant really chew anything right now and its damn hard opening your freezer or having a drawer full of beef jerky or protein bars and not be able to eat anything. Pretty much ive only eaten mash potatoes, mac and cheese, and ice cream. Ive lost about 15 pounds so far. But I wasn’t doing p90x to lose weight. Im a decently thin guy I just wanted to get in "high school" shape and have a base to build a little muscle. So now I havent worked out in a month, been on a low protein diet, and lost weight which I was hoping to use to build muscle. Not what I had planned but I think im going to officially start in April nonetheless.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #110
MTK
\m/

damn that's f'd up, mlmpetert

Hope you heal up and good luck with your case
Old 03-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #111
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I was walking down the street and got jumped for absolutely no reason. I didn’t say anything, look at anyone, touch anyone, or get in anyones way. I guess maybe the same mentality behind the flash mobs where behind this act? Definitely the worst part about it was the randomness and not being able to put any reason behind what happened. I don’t really want to go into details involving where or what exactly happened because fortunately the individuals were caught and there is a criminal proceeding taking place. Basically I shattered my cheek, crushed my eye socket, and broke my nose and temple. I always thought I had really strong bones, and I had never been knocked out even though Ive been in plenty of situations that would warrant breaking something or losing consciousness. Im doing a lot better, but my jaw doesn’t close properly which is getting really frustrating. When the surgeon told me I can start exercising in a month, I asked him about p90x – he said that may be too eXtreme, which I take as a pretty strong endorsement of p90x being legit.

So right before all this happened I bought tons of food from costco. I cant really chew anything right now and its damn hard opening your freezer or having a drawer full of beef jerky or protein bars and not be able to eat anything. Pretty much ive only eaten mash potatoes, mac and cheese, and ice cream. Ive lost about 15 pounds so far. But I wasn’t doing p90x to lose weight. Im a decently thin guy I just wanted to get in "high school" shape and have a base to build a little muscle. So now I havent worked out in a month, been on a low protein diet, and lost weight which I was hoping to use to build muscle. Not what I had planned but I think im going to officially start in April nonetheless.
damn man sorry to hear about that
Old 03-23-2010, 08:33 PM   #112
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:

it's so extreme you had to capitalize the x?

ST21
Old 03-23-2010, 11:00 PM   #113
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:

I am sorry my friend. If you do a search in the parking lot you will find a similar topic in a thread started by me.

Been mugged before and it sucked.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #114
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I've seen some changes, nothing earth shattering but I definitely feel a lot better. Went to the Dr. for a physical recently and my blood pressure and cholesterol were both personal lows. Time to kick it up to the 3-4 level next week.
Started the 3-4 level today and it really kicked my butt. A lot more push ups, lunges, and squats. Faster pace and a longer workout overall. I'm feeling it today.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:58 PM   #115
mlmdub130
Playmaker

i f-ed my back up this weekend messing with my motorcycle and haven't been able to work out the past three days i was going on a roll and thinkin of stepping it up to 3-4 i hope this doesn't set me back to far. it's said when your 27 and you throw out your back

ST21
Old 03-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #116
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Moral of this thread - DO NOT PUT "mlm" at the beginning of your screen name...you'll be seriously injured.

Hope both of you guys recover quickly.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:52 AM   #117
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Moral of this thread - DO NOT PUT "mlm" at the beginning of your screen name...you'll be seriously injured.

Hope both of you guys recover quickly.
man no shit...

what's up with you mlm boys?
Old 03-31-2010, 10:03 AM   #118
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Went to the gym this morning and it reminded me why I don't like to workout at home. It could have easily been an all female hot body contest in there this morning. To any hot chick that just works out in shorts and a sports bra, I thank you!
Old 03-31-2010, 10:11 AM   #119
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Somewhere, they're making a thread about a drooling pig that smelled up the gym this morning.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #120
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Somewhere, they're making a thread about a drooling pig that smelled up the gym this morning.

LOL! Probably but I was not alone. One guy looked at me and just shook his head.