Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

(Twice-annual guaranteed L) Giants postgame thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-20-2023, 05:50 AM   #106
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: (Twice-annual guaranteed L) Giants postgame thread

The sacks were the amazing part Chief. Some drives featured multiple sacks and 3-and-out's, convincing me we were gonna dominate them. And then when he wasn't getting sacked Devito was shredding us. Mind-boggling really. Idk how you get 9 sacks and still manage to never phase the qb. Howell was phased all damn day.

We lost to a 3rd string qb making his 2nd career start who lives with his parents. Pain.

Advertisements
Old 11-20-2023, 07:55 AM   #107
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I can’t believe JDR and RR still have jobs. That is beyond pathetic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2023, 07:58 AM   #108
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The sacks were the amazing part Chief. Some drives featured multiple sacks and 3-and-out's, convincing me we were gonna dominate them. And then when he wasn't getting sacked Devito was shredding us. Mind-boggling really. Idk how you get 9 sacks and still manage to never phase the qb. Howell was phased all damn day.

We lost to a 3rd string qb making his 2nd career start who lives with his parents. Pain.

And we are not surprised at all one bit

Old 11-20-2023, 08:04 AM   #109
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
I've reached the point of giving up on the season, 2-3 weeks ahead of when I expected. I was going along with the idea of letting RR see out the season given the then logic, but I think he's totally lost the locker room, and JDR has lost the D (probably weeks ago tbh). This game showed neither can coach adjustments, motivation and certainly not personnel selection. I'm going back to the idea of firing them both and elevating EB to interim.

1) If they've lost the locker room, what effect is this going to have on the players heading into the offseason if we wait until week 18? Are we going to have players we want to keep demanding a trade or signing elsewhere in FA? Are they going to be so low on morale that it takes a miracle coach to turn things around? Yeah they get paid, but they have to WANT to play too.
2) We have the chance to give EB an advance interview on being a HC, whether its here or not. If he wants to be a HC he should jump a the chance of interim and give it all he's got if he doesn't want to look like another Josh McDaniels. That may not result in more wins, but it should result in better play and the chance for a new GM to assess the roster before the offseason.
3) While RR is still 'in charge' there remains the risk of poor personnel choices causing more damage. Not a big risk mind you, but a risk nonetheless.

If I'm Harris I fire them both Friday morning regardless (it's a short week and no chance any interim coach would be ready in 3 days). I'd probably fire the key FO staff too while I'm at it and bring in at least an interim GM to steer the ship until the end of the season.

I just think there's enough damage done and there will be heavy HC competition come January, so get ahead of the game. Or at least make it clear you have a plan and there will be sweeping changes. Its too late to be conservative if you ask me.
I wholeheartedly agree with you that RR and JDR must go as soon as is reasonable and I concur that Friday morning is that time.

I have my doubts about EB as Interim HC because he is such a hard-ass. That said, I have no idea who else to put in that role. At least, EB gets a chance to show what he's got in a HC role.

I don't know what it gains us to clear out FO staff at this time other than Martin Mayhew and a couple of overpaid Carolina Panthers leftovers who apparently are just taking up space in the building.

Josh Harris could and I think should make a statement about the new direction of the team and announce that the search for a new GM will start now.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 08:12 AM   #110
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
They can ALL literally walk. Not one player or coach I'm that concerned about keeping at this point. We're like 2-3 years from being competitive, and that's assuming we now have owners who can actually piece together a competent staff. It's a lot to expect... I'm not holding my breath.

DeMeco Ryans has the Texans competing in year 1 with a roster that was believed to be one of the worst. Dan Campbell had the Lions(!) best the world champs in the first game of year 3 and on the road. Doug Pedersen got the Jags moving in the right direction pretty fast.

RR has done the opposite. We need a real coach and it shouldn’t be a 3-4 year rebuild. We have more starting pieces now than any of those teams did, in my opinion.

Old 11-20-2023, 08:15 AM   #111
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

They should fired Jason wright and Martin mayhew today at a minumum.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 08:29 AM   #112
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
They should fired Jason wright and Martin mayhew today at a minumum.
JDR seems like the perfect candidate to fire if they want feed the fan base some fresh meat to gnaw on.
Old 11-20-2023, 08:48 AM   #113
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
So much for Kam Curl getting that huge payday. That dude has been quiet for weeks. Does he ever make a play? When was the last time he had a pick or forced a fumble? Let him walk too

So overrated. Don’t even realize he is on the field. Our secondary is challenging our oline as the most pathetic unit on the field.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 08:53 AM   #114
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
It’s his thing to state the obvious and make a post ; look back through magics postings

It’s a tongue in cheek post

I am referring, and believe okie is referring, to him posting the score. Nothing tongue in cheek. He could just say
Wow. Commanders turned the ball over 6 times and gave the Giants 24 points. Inexcusable.

I don’t need the score as if only ownership had access to it. Lol
Old 11-20-2023, 08:57 AM   #115
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I am referring, and believe okie is referring, to him posting the score. Nothing tongue in cheek. He could just say
Wow. Commanders turned the ball over 6 times and gave the Giants 24 points. Inexcusable.

I don’t need the score as if only ownership had access to it. Lol
they are joke post

Al Galdi mentioned it awhile back on his podcast that Magic does that.

for example the NJ Devils could lose a game say 1-0

Magic will write:

If the devils had scored 2 goals last night we would have won 2-1.
Old 11-20-2023, 08:58 AM   #116
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

For those of you giving up now on this franchise you are giving up after 25 years of Snyder and before our new ownership actually has an offseason to fix things. That is crazy. You made it this far, you can wait a few more months.

Also like Calia said, a new owner, staff, and FO along with 9 picks (6 of which are basically in the top 100 ) and a boatload of cap space will fix things sooner than 3 years. They can absolutely turn this around next year. Been saying this since we were 2-0. This season is nothing other than a transition.
Old 11-20-2023, 09:02 AM   #117
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
they are joke post

No it is just a thank you captain obvious post.

Saying if the Commanders scored 32 points they would have won would’ve been a joke. Giving me the score is just tmi.

Heartbreaking loss to the Seattle Seahawks today. Defensively, we couldn’t come up with a big play to stop Seattle during their last two drives

Again, thanks captain obvious.
Old 11-20-2023, 09:06 AM   #118
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Yep, great news. We'll have a top 5 pick and still pick a fucking loser...guaranteed.

There's no good news here. Hasn't been any in decades. New owner? Yes...that's definitely news, but I'm not convinced it's good yet.
This is how I am leaning.

I have zero clue if Harris will improve the quality of the on field product

I am also concerned that the financial situation is so bad that there is no choice but a long rebuild as they slowly remove contracts to decrease unnecessary expenditures.
Old 11-20-2023, 09:06 AM   #119
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
For those of you giving up now on this franchise you are giving up after 25 years of Snyder and before our new ownership actually has an offseason to fix things. That is crazy. You made it this far, you can wait a few more months.

Also like Calia said, a new owner, staff, and FO along with 9 picks (6 of which are basically in the top 100 ) and a boatload of cap space will fix things sooner than 3 years. They can absolutely turn this around next year. Been saying this since we were 2-0. This season is nothing other than a transition.
i agree!

Honestly the worst scenario would have been a .500 or a bit better record this year and giving Harris the illusion he had something in this coaching staff

Now it is clear to Harris he needs a full rebuild and he can get started on it ASAP

For the record RR the GM has destroyed this team way more then RR the head coach, WAY MORE!!!
Old 11-20-2023, 09:12 AM   #120
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Yep, great news. We'll have a top 5 pick and still pick a fucking loser...guaranteed.

There's no good news here. Hasn't been any in decades. New owner? Yes...that's definitely news, but I'm not convinced it's good yet.

Chief at the beginning of this season, with the same bunch of idiots Snyder put in place you were optimistic. We will have actual football people in here this offseason. Snyder is gone, and everyone that idiot hired will be gone in a few weeks. He certainly will be better than Snyder. See the Sixers and the Devils. It will be better.