Biden poised to wind down executive actions next week to focus on Covid relief

Advertisements
Old 01-29-2021, 05:31 PM   #107
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
40 executive orders in 9 days. A new record pace. Awesome. All hail King Biden.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...-taking-office
What EO's are the ones that bother you? I realize a working president is something some are not use to since there hasn't been one for four years.
Old 02-01-2021, 11:20 AM   #108
SunnySide
Playmaker

Listening to Mark Levin's radio show last week ... his opening was derailing EOs as clear evidence Biden is a facist dictator. Funny, last month they were apparently vital tools used to preserve the Republic and the Constitution and there was nothing wrong with the executive branch to use its executive powers.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:08 AM   #109
Giantone
Gamebreaker

https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-doz...111446506.html

Reuters
Exclusive: Dozens of former Bush officials leave Republican Party, calling it 'Trump cult'

By Tim Reid

(Reuters) - Dozens of Republicans in former President George W. Bush's administration are leaving the party, dismayed by a failure of many elected Republicans to disown Donald Trump after his false claims of election fraud sparked a deadly storming of the U.S. Capitol last month.

These officials, some who served in the highest echelons of the Bush administration, said they had hoped that a Trump defeat would lead party leaders to move on from the former president and denounce his baseless claims that the November presidential election was stolen.

But with most Republican lawmakers sticking to Trump, these officials say they no longer recognize the party they served. Some have ended their membership, others are letting it lapse while a few are newly registered as independents, according to a dozen former Bush officials who spoke with Reuters.

"The Republican Party as I knew it no longer exists. I’d call it the cult of Trump," said Jimmy Gurulé, who was Undersecretary of the Treasury for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence in the Bush administration.

Kristopher Purcell, who worked in the Bush White House’s communications office for six years, said roughly 60 to 70 former Bush officials have decided to leave the party or are cutting ties with it, from conversations he has been having. "The number is growing every day," Purcell said.

Their defection from the Republican Party after a lifetime of service for many is another clear sign of how a growing intraparty conflict over Trump and his legacy is fracturing it.

The party is currently caught between disaffected moderate Republicans and independents disgusted by the hold Trump still has over elected officials, and Trump’s fervently loyal base. Without the enthusiastic support of both groups, the party will struggle to win national elections, according to polling, Republican officials and strategists.
Old 02-02-2021, 09:45 AM   #110
MTK
\m/

Wow, go Mitch

McConnell says Taylor Greene's embrace of conspiracy theories a 'cancer'
Old 02-02-2021, 12:39 PM   #111
SunnySide
Playmaker

The senator joined Bill Hemmer and Dana Perino on "America’s Newsroom" on Tuesday to share her reflections on the meeting.

SEN. SHELLEY MOORE CAPITO: It was a productive meeting.

We feel very strongly that we need to have voices at the table that talk about our common areas, but also let's pull the extraneous things out of this bill and try to keep it within a guideline of targeted relief.

[Biden] was open to the suggestions of targeting individual checks to folks in the lower-income, and lower- and mid-income area.

We did try to impress upon the president that we thought the quicker way to get this would be through a bipartisan package of common, where we have common, areas. And I think he was amenable to listening to that.

I think it starts a conversation with us that I think will carry through into other things. And for that, I feel really good. I do think that we need to work on this COVID together, bipartisan as we have in the past. Let's hope that that meeting last night had an impression on him and them.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cap...ief-productive

Id prefer a bi-partisan package.

Republicans want 1k stimulus checks
Dems want 1.4k

Republicans want cap at ppl making 50K or more
Dems want the 75K cap as before

Republicans want to keep unemployment at 300 per month extended until June
Dems want increase to 400 a month extended until Sept

What I want to know is, what percent of each of the packages goes to the stimulus checks/unemployment? Follow up question .. what are the other expenditures that seem to not get talked about with any depth or real information.

---------------

One guaranteed bet ... if the 1.4k stimulus checks dont go out and its something less, republicans will repeatedly say to voters "dems lied to you when they said youd get 2k in stimulus money" .. even though they were the ones that stood in the way of it.

If republicans refuse to concede to the 1.4k stimulus checks ... then Dems have no choice but to pass the covid relief through budget reconciliation. republcins will scream Biden is not being bi-partisan .. but the republicans will scream no matter what. If they get their way = "dems lied to you voters", if they dont get there way "dems lied to you voters" ...
Old 02-02-2021, 12:51 PM   #112
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
The senator joined Bill Hemmer and Dana Perino on "America’s Newsroom" on Tuesday to share her reflections on the meeting.

We feel very strongly that we need to have voices at the table that talk about our common areas, but also let's pull the extraneous things out of this bill and try to keep it within a guideline of targeted relief.

[Biden] was open to the suggestions of targeting individual checks to folks in the lower-income, and lower- and mid-income area.

We did try to impress upon the president that we thought the quicker way to get this would be through a bipartisan package of common, where we have common, areas. And I think he was amenable to listening to that.

I think it starts a conversation with us that I think will carry through into other things. And for that, I feel really good. I do think that we need to work on this COVID together, bipartisan as we have in the past. Let's hope that that meeting last night had an impression on him and them.

Dems want 1.4k

What I want to know is, what percent of each of the packages goes to the stimulus checks/unemployment? Follow up question .. what are the other expenditures that seem to not get talked about with any depth or real information.

---------------

One guaranteed bet ... if the 1.4k stimulus checks dont go out and its something less, republicans will repeatedly say to voters "dems lied to you when they said youd get 2k in stimulus money" .. even though they were the ones that stood in the way of it.

If republicans refuse to concede to the 1.4k stimulus checks ... then Dems have no choice but to pass the covid relief through budget reconciliation. republcins will scream Biden is not being bi-partisan .. but the republicans will scream no matter what. If they get their way = "dems lied to you voters", if they dont get there way "dems lied to you voters" ...
well the 1.4K is already a watered down version of the truth, but your basic point is on target that no matter which version passes the Republicans will claim Democrats lied.

That fact is why the Democrats ought to simply push ahead with their agenda, and run on the results.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 01:12 PM   #113
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Dems want 1.4k

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 01:17 PM   #114
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Dems want 1.4k

---------------

Old enough to remember:

Democrats filibustered a covid package as they clearly blocked relief to those in need . Where were you here?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/democra...ef-11599780699

It was 1.9 trillion in September.

Also, Biden has already stated 2,000 dollar check would go out first thing if they won Georgia.

It will be a lie if that doesn’t happen.

Less than 6 months and some already have forgotten...and already have the fucking excuses ready.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 01:19 PM   #115
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Nobody should get relief checks if they haven’t been impacted by covid. If you make the same money or more, you shouldn’t get a dime

He Gets Us
Old 02-02-2021, 01:22 PM   #116
SunnySide
Playmaker

Yeah, the 1.4k is kinda watered down truth I suppose .. but its easier to say "600 + 1,400 = 2,000" vs "600 + 1,000 = 2,000". Thats why,no matter what, at least 1.4 checks need to go out. Id say make it 600 + 2000 honestly. Weve all been impacted by this .. except the people who had savings to put in the stock market.

-------------

I side democrats over republicans based on what I highlighted (amt of stim check, unemployment) ..what I want to know is

1. What percent of the 1.9T goes to just the stimulus checks and unemployment
2. What the hell is the other money for? bc I feel like stim checks + unemployment = less than 50% of the 1.9T package
Old 02-02-2021, 01:26 PM   #117
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The direct quote from Biden

https://www.businessinsider.com/bide...diately-2021-1

President-elect Joe Biden told Georgia voters on Monday that $2,000 stimulus checks would be sent out to Americans right away if the state voted for the Democratic candidates Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff in Tuesday's US Senate runoffs.

More than 3 million people voted early in the Georgia runoffs, according to the US Elections Project. The Election Day polls in Georgia close at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday.

During his speech in Atlanta, Biden promised that if Warnock and Ossoff won the runoffs, "that money will go out the door immediately to help people who are in real trouble."

He Gets Us
Old 02-02-2021, 01:35 PM   #118
SunnySide
Playmaker

I also heard an audio quote from President Biden that said "... if we have the votes. We need the votes first."

----

regardless ... im more interested in seeing what a bi-partisan package would look like vs looking back at election talk. Seems like that is just to try and detour any bi-partisan talk back into the tribal political warfare stadium. You point out a lie. I point out a lie. We keep score but play until infinity and no one wins. Im good on that.

I know .. I know ... how convenient of me.

Besides, Im having trouble getting all enraged with a President saying he wants to immediately help struggling Americans.

Why do republicans hate Americans? Why do republicans want to see Americans continue to suffer?

---

chico - if you could find an article that lays out what is in the dems 1.9T package, id love to read it. Probably cant understand half of it but Id like to read it to see where this 1.9T number comes from. Perhaps Rs get a point for the Dems not laying out what is in the 1.9T package? transparency and clear messaging was one of their messages.

but it would need to be detailed or at least sourced and cited ... not some tucker carlson or hannity editorialization and general speak
Old 02-02-2021, 01:51 PM   #119
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I make more than 50K but less than 75K (and closer to 50 than 75).

I just completed my taxes this week, I remained full time but made way less due to no raises or overtime. Took a loss of 6K from 2019.

1200 + 600 = 1800

= 4200 hole still

C'mon democrats lol!

And if Republicans think that 75K is a lot of money, I'd submit they offer a bill to reduce all republican congressional salaries to that amount. If they do that, I'll forego my 1-1.4K or give it away.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 02:04 PM   #120
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.businessinsider.com/nanc...-offer-2020-12

At her weekly press conference on Friday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi defended her support of a stimulus package half the size of what the Trump administration offered in October.

Filibustered one and rejected another.

Old forgotten news I guess...

He Gets Us