What would it take?

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-27-2017, 08:21 AM   #106
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Re: What would it take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Dan Rather is right, call the dumbass out on every stupid thing he does and says .It's the media's job and don't be bullied by Trump.
Their job? LMAO!
No one hired the media to do anything.
They are not private investigators.
They are independent companies that want you read and listen to their stuff.
They want to make money...period.
And for the most part it is drivel, bullshit, full of mistakes and hype.
And they have made it quite obvious, maybe with the exception of Brietbart that they lean way left and go out of their way to make the right look bad.

Advertisements
Old 01-27-2017, 11:21 AM   #107
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Talking about science and your field of work has nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with updating the people on progress that the people are paying for. He is literally telling departments they can't say anything unless he approves it. It is censorship. We're not talking about radio shows discussing current events, or offering their opinions on the matter. We're talking about departments of gov't that are funded by citizens being told they are not allowed to speak directly to the populace. Trump is just worried they will say something that doesn't fit the narrative he is trying to tell.
Yes censorship is bad. But it's not state run media which is what was mentioned. As for not having anything to do with politics, at this moment, the whole bureacratic nation is fearing for the collective soul, and so yes tweets can be made political - see #resistance for example.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:27 AM   #108
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Trump has removed or will remove information that he believes is false and misleading.
I know its nice to demonize him by calling it censorship but thats not what it is.
And if it is a "government" website the should decide whats on it?
Wolf Blitzer?

Last edited by Alvin Walton; 01-27-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 04:28 PM   #109
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Yes censorship is bad. But it's not state run media which is what was mentioned. As for not having anything to do with politics, at this moment, the whole bureacratic nation is fearing for the collective soul, and so yes tweets can be made political - see #resistance for example.
Idk about state run media but he is trying to control the message that his gov't puts out. Luckily it's 2016 and thanks to Twitter he has a direct line to the people which allows him to cut out the middleman.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:48 PM   #110
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Idk about state run media leanings but he is trying to control the message that his gov't puts out. Luckily it's 2016 and thanks to Twitter he has a direct line to the people which allows him to cut out the middleman.
Well it's 2017 and all sides of the discussion have twitter, and facebook, and cable shows etc.

In my opinion, Pres Obama controlled the news the govt put out, but because it jived with most media, and because he was personable, it wasn't treated as an assault on humanity. FDR, LBJ, definitely JFK all controlled what was fed through to the press. Other than Reagan, the rest of the Republicans have just plain blown it when they spun news or limited bureaucratic responses.

One thing I guess differentiates older and younger, is that older people (myself at 49 am at the young end of this group) grew up with 4 tv channels, maybe 1 phone. It was a big deal in my house when we got call waiting.

I get that information flows more freely now, but much like when I type too much, not everything that is being put out is worth the cyber air its sent across.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:02 PM   #111
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Well it's 2017 and all sides of the discussion have twitter, and facebook, and cable shows etc.

In my opinion, Pres Obama controlled the news the govt put out, but because it jived with most media, and because he was personable, it wasn't treated as an assault on humanity. FDR, LBJ, definitely JFK all controlled what was fed through to the press. Other than Reagan, the rest of the Republicans have just plain blown it when they spun news or limited bureaucratic responses.

One thing I guess differentiates older and younger, is that older people (myself at 49 am at the young end of this group) grew up with 4 tv channels, maybe 1 phone. It was a big deal in my house when we got call waiting.

I get that information flows more freely now, but much like when I type too much, not everything that is being put out is worth the cyber air its sent across.
Well put. Agreed.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:55 PM   #112
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/jerry-seinf...180014558.html

You want to know why Trump won? Because folks, excuse me not folks, but pussy millennials are offended somehow by a Seinfeld joke. People are tired of the overly pc environment. Trump ran on that message and folks identified with it.

Amazing how sensitive of a generation we've raised.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 06:24 AM   #113
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Trump has removed or will remove information that he believes is false and misleading.
I know its nice to demonize him by calling it censorship but thats not what it is.
And if it is a "government" website the should decide whats on it?
Wolf Blitzer?

LOL, so the "World according to Trump",damn all the facts is that it?When one man decides what it is you should know to fit "his agenda" then yes it's "censorship".
If Donald Trump says the sun is up I'm looking out the window!
Old 01-28-2017, 06:28 AM   #114
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/jerry-seinf...180014558.html

You want to know why Trump won? Because folks, excuse me not folks, but pussy millennials are offended somehow by a Seinfeld joke. People are tired of the overly pc environment. Trump ran on that message and folks identified with it.

Amazing how sensitive of a generation we've raised.

Trump won becuase like it or not he went and campaigned for the electoral college ,he new he couldn't win the popular vote .He campaigned on hate and bigotry and racism and scared the hell out of the rust belt,that and he won over middle aged white men.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:22 AM   #115
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Trump won becuase like it or not he went and campaigned for the electoral college ,he new he couldn't win the popular vote .He campaigned on hate and bigotry and racism and scared the hell out of the rust belt,that and he won over middle aged white men.
Lol hilarious...the electoral college. Why is this a problem now and not in the middle of the campaign or years before?

If you think it's that true or actually that simple, I promise you trump will get a second term.

But my point is this culture shift has hurt the country and trump successfully tapped into it. Read the joke giantone, terrible isn't it?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:03 AM   #116
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Hillarys intolerant tolerance scared me more than anything Trump said.

In my opinion the democrats ran the bigger fear campaign, every person I know who voted against Trump did so because of fear not because of Hillary's vision. Every voter I know who voted for Trump either saw hope in his message or hated Hillary

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2017, 09:44 AM   #117
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
Hillarys intolerant tolerance scared me more than anything Trump said.

In my opinion the democrats ran the bigger fear campaign, every person I know who voted against Trump did so because of fear not because of Hillary's vision. Every voter I know who voted for Trump either saw hope in his message or hated Hillary

You just stated my thoughts exactly!

Seriously! I couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 01-28-2017, 01:16 PM   #118
MTK
\m/

I thought he was all about jobs?

Donald Trump Promised To Bring Back Jobs. For These Workers, He's Taking Them Away. | The Huffington Post
Old 01-28-2017, 02:04 PM   #119
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Not government jobs...

Old 01-28-2017, 06:24 PM   #120
MTK
\m/

That's great, can't wait to see how this goes over the next few years as government agencies that are already seriously understaffed struggle to provide valuable services to the public.