Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

What would you do if this was your son?

Parking Lot

Old 10-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #106
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: What would you do if this was your son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Like really really good looking?

Reminds me of hall pass when some guy ask if you had to would you rather make out with a guy for 5 minutes or let him blow you for 3. Horrible decisions
Boo spoiler alert. /Still haven't seen Hall Pass, regretfully.

Also I would choose option c, which would be neither.

Advertisements
Old 10-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #107
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
what do you call it if you getting oral pleasure from a woman but realize its a tranny and dont stop him/her?

i mean a really really good looking tranny. not some obvious, adams apple 6 foot tall type.
I knew someone who had this happen. Yr's back every Friday a bunch of us would meet at a bar and have a few cold ones to kick off the weekend. It was mixed with people I knew well and not so well. This one guy comes in one Friday after starting a new job and started talking about this hot chick he picked up and for $20 gave him a BJ while he drove around the block. This older man down the bar ask him what the girl looked like and when the guy was done explaining the older man said "that's not a girl its a guy". It was as if someone set off beer fireworks as we all spit out our beers laughing. Then the jokes started. Are you gay if you don't know etc... The guy hung around a few minutes then left to go the bathroom never to be seen again. The older man did explain that he knew the guy must have been new on the job because everyone knew about the transvestite that worked the street there. We still laugh about that 17 or so yrs later and still no one has seen the guy again.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:00 PM   #108
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Boo spoiler alert. /Still haven't seen Hall Pass, regretfully.

Also I would choose option c, which would be neither.

It doesnt really give anything away, it just made me sick thinking about it. Also in my opinion Hall Pass sucked. So if you watch it go in with much lower expectations then you may have gotten from the trailer or something. I have a couple friends that say its one of those movies that gets better after the first time like Grandma's Boy or Super Troopers, but thats saying a lot and i see no way Hall Pass could ever be really funny.

Have you seen Hot Tub Time Machine? Its got a horrible name that likely made a lot of people look past it but i think its up there with Old School, in terms of recent really good comidies almost everyone will like.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #109
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
It doesnt really give anything away, it just made me sick thinking about it. Also in my opinion Hall Pass sucked. So if you watch it go in with much lower expectations then you may have gotten from the trailer or something. I have a couple friends that say its one of those movies that gets better after the first time like Grandma's Boy or Super Troopers, but thats saying a lot and i see no way Hall Pass could ever be really funny.

Have you seen Hot Tub Time Machine? Its got a horrible name that likely made a lot of people look past it but i think its up there with Old School, in terms of recent really good comidies almost everyone will like.
Yeah I don't think it's giving anything huge away, so no big deal. And I'll be sure to keep it mind. I don't have huge expectations of it anyway, otherwise I'dve seen it by now. So if it's relatively funny I'll be fine with it. And yeah I've seen HTTM too, that was another comedy I'd say is on the same level as Old School, etc. So if it's almost as funny as that I'll be happy. I'm prob. going to rent it for a buck from Redbox so even if it's disappointing I won't be too upset about it.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #110
mredskins
Gamebreaker

^ Hot Tub Time Machine is so awesome! I love that movie, great drinking movie to watch.

As far as the Girl Scout boy, sorry but girl scouts are for girls and boy scouts are for boys. I may have to agree with first on this one it looks the mom want a girl vs. a boy. His hair is even braided, WTF? The boy may very well be gay but at seven really braiding his hair and having him join the girl scouts? I am all for letting your kid do what he/she wants but sometimes you just have to tell them no it is not a good idea.

If he was son I would tell him no. At seven by letting him join the girl scouts you are just confusing him and confusing the other girls and open the door for him to be hurt. If he is truly gay he has a lot of hurt come from the real world when he gets older no need to ruin his childhood as well.

This is somewhat off topic but they show him playing with girl toys in the video, it is weird how folks freak when a boy plays with girl toys but if a girl plays with boy toys it is no big deal. My nieces play with matchboxes/hot wheels all day long no one says a word but when my son starts to play with their play-kitchen my Mother In Law gets all nervous and tells him to stop.

Last edited by mredskins; 10-27-2011 at 03:40 PM.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #111
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
^ Hot Tub Time Machine is so awesome! I love that movie, great drinking movie to watch.

As far as the Girl Scout boy, sorry but girl scouts are for girls and boy scouts are for boys. I may have to agree with first on this one it looks the mom want a girl vs. a boy. His hair is even braided, WTF? The boy may very well be gay but at seven really braiding his hair and having him join the girl scouts? I am all for letting your kid do what he/she wants but sometimes you just have to tell them no it is not a good idea.

If he was son I would tell him no. At seven by letting him join the girl scouts you are just confusing him and confusing the other girls and open the door for him to be hurt. If he is truly gay he has a lot of hurt come from the real world when he gets older no need to ruin his childhood as well.

This is somewhat off topic but they show him playing with girl toys in the video, it is weird how folks freak when a boy plays with girl toys but if a girl plays with boy toys it is no big deal. My nieces play with matchboxes/hot wheels all day long no one says a word but when my son starts to play with their play-kitchen my Mother In Law gets all nervous and tells him to stop.
Well when boys play with girl toys they are viewed as sissies, or potential sissies. That's not a good thing for the ultra-competitive male society we live in today. When a girl plays with boy toys (no pun intended) they are simply viewed as being more tough or manly than other girls. It all plays into gender roles, and boys that play with girl toys probably get viewed as a guy who might be bi-curious or gay later in life. And some parents don't want that. Your MIL probably is afraid that this will lead your son down a contentious path down the road.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #112
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Well when boys play with girl toys they are viewed as sissies, or potential sissies. That's not a good thing for the ultra-competitive male society we live in today. When a girl plays with boy toys (no pun intended) they are simply viewed as being more tough or manly than other girls. It all plays into gender roles, and boys that play with girl toys probably get viewed as a guy who might be bi-curious or gay later in life. And some parents don't want that. Your MIL probably is afraid that this will lead your son down a contentious path down the road.
There is nothing wrong with a boy picking up a girls doll or something and playing with it from time to time as most boy do. I personally think this is a case of the mother pushing this on the kid from a very young age.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #113
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post

Its one of my favorite movies.

You started a thread a month or so ago about a gay kid that killed himself. I didnt want to say anything in it, but honestly that kid and his family brought the hate upon himself. I think he was tormented partly because he was gay but mainly because of all the attention he brought upon himself.

Its like if a girl in high school talks about how shes so pretty because shes a beauty queen, when in reality her parents pay for her to enter pageants. Kids are gonna talk shit about her. If shes slightly overweight shes gonna be called some pretty horrible names, that’s just the way kids are. By entering pageants and sharing that with others she brings rightful attention and just scrutiny upon her looks. You combine that with a self promotion, narcissist, know it all, liberal (jk), or caddy type of personality and that girl is gonna be called some not so pretty things.

Im sure most gay kids and fat girls are always gonna get picked on, but if youre an activist gay kid that’s in your face flamboyant and brings attention upon yourself and your cause you are going to be made fun of more so and more viscously then the regular kid in class that happens to be gay. Its just like a slight chubby girl who tells everyone how pretty she is because she has to leave school early today to get headshots before this weekend’s beauty pageant. Shes gonna hear more negative opinions about her looks then the fat girl that doesnt invite scrutiny upon herself. If you cant handle the negative attention then don’t flaunt what you think everyone else should appreciate or understand.

But for young people I cant really say it’s a kids fault that they are brining on unwanted attention. Its most likely the parents’ (or parent’s) fault because they probably reinforced or taught their kid to display a direct in your face attitude, by constantly telling their fat daughter how shes so much prettier than everyone else at school or how accepting everyone should be of their son's in your face gay attitude, because they think its just great. So to let a 7 year boy think theyre a girl by treating them that way is child abuse, imo. Regardless if he turns out to be gay/transgender or not hes going to face some serious confusion when he reaches maturity.

I don’t think theres anything wrong with letting a boy play with girl toys that are laying around or letting your son dress up as a their favorite Scooby Doo costume for Halloween even if that character happens to be female. Whats wrong is endorsing your childs belief that he is a girl or she is a boy by outfitting them with clothes, toys and haircuts that don’t belong on their gender. Once they grow up and reach full physical and mental maturity and they feel a particular way, then fine, like any adult respect them through their actions. Allowing your child to be a transvestite in the meantime is just abuse. When I see things on the news about minors getting sex changes or hormone suppression treatments I think its just as bad as a pedophile engaging in contact with a minor and thinking its okay because the teen consented. Minors cant consent in either instance.

Seriousness aside and as a side note my mom let me go as a witch for Halloween when I was in preschool or kindergarten in the late 80’s. At the time I had no idea that witches were female, I just thought they were witches and to me that was the scariest costume I could get. My brother is almost 2 years older than me and at the time didn’t really realize either that witches were just female, however, later in life he would give me a hard time about it, and I was always pissed that my mom let me go as a witch. When any of my friends find out they always make fun of me in a joking way , except for girls. For some reason girls always think its adorable and it scores me points…..

Last edited by mlmpetert; 10-27-2011 at 06:34 PM.
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #114
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I think gender is a social construct and I personally can't stand the gender binary.

That said, I think its a shame this kid can't join the girl scouts, but I understand why. Its tradition and I don't think anyone should break that for anyone.

I think the kid should be free to do what HE wants. I didn't read the link or much about the story just due to the hateful drivel most people spew in the comments section but if its the mother pushing this on her son then I don't even understand how the lady still HAS the kid. CPS anyone?

If it's the boy's wishes that he could join the girl scouts (without any of the mothers influence/pressuring him to act feminine), I think you just have to sit him aside and explain that sometimes the world is operated in a way that there are some things only girls can do and some things only boys can do and this is one of them. Basically the "sometimes life's not fair" kind of talk.

This reminds me of the family that was in the news not too long ago, who wouldn't tell anyone if their kid was a boy or a girl and wanted the kid to come to that conclusion himself (it was obviously a boy). I get what the parents are trying to do, but I mean you HAVE to give the kid some sort of structure. If its a boy you need to let your kid know he's a boy and if he decides as he gets older that he wants to gender bend or do whatever he wants with his gender fine. But it's almost cruel and definitely destructive to not give your kid any sort of jumping off point in terms of self-identity.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #115
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I think gender is a social construct and I personally can't stand the gender binary.

That said, I think its a shame this kid can't join the girl scouts, but I understand why. Its tradition and I don't think anyone should break that for anyone.

I think the kid should be free to do what HE wants. I didn't read the link or much about the story just due to the hateful drivel most people spew in the comments section but if its the mother pushing this on her son then I don't even understand how the lady still HAS the kid. CPS anyone?

If it's the boy's wishes that he could join the girl scouts (without any of the mothers influence/pressuring him to act feminine), I think you just have to sit him aside and explain that sometimes the world is operated in a way that there are some things only girls can do and some things only boys can do and this is one of them. Basically the "sometimes life's not fair" kind of talk.

This reminds me of the family that was in the news not too long ago, who wouldn't tell anyone if their kid was a boy or a girl and wanted the kid to come to that conclusion himself (it was obviously a boy). I get what the parents are trying to do, but I mean you HAVE to give the kid some sort of structure. If its a boy you need to let your kid know he's a boy and if he decides as he gets older that he wants to gender bend or do whatever he wants with his gender fine. But it's almost cruel and definitely destructive to not give your kid any sort of jumping off point in terms of self-identity.

At some point in the video the boy calls himself a girl. I personally think that at age 7 the only way a boy could think that way was by some type of influence from his mom. I think mom wanted a girl and is treating the son as a girl but i could be totally wrong. The sad part is this boy is going to have a tough life growing up.

BTW how have you been doing? Still in school?
Old 10-28-2011, 12:41 AM   #116
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
At some point in the video the boy calls himself a girl. I personally think that at age 7 the only way a boy could think that way was by some type of influence from his mom. I think mom wanted a girl and is treating the son as a girl but i could be totally wrong. The sad part is this boy is going to have a tough life growing up.

You may think all that but how do you know? Maybe the boy just likes acting like a girl and his mom chooses to let him.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:35 AM   #117
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
You may think all that but how do you know? Maybe the boy just likes acting like a girl and his mom chooses to let him.
Well I mean she must not be correcting him. I mean even though I'm all for gender bending and what not. You gotta let the boy know he's a boy. Even if he likes girl things at the end of the day he's still a boy. He's not biologically a girl. I mean I just feel like to self-identify correctly, you need to know who you are and then who you aren't and then take it from there. A 7 year old can't know all that yet. Technically gender identity doesn't even start forming till around 9 or 10 years old. He may know he's different and doesn't feel like a boy, but I just find it a bit startling that he's already saying he considers himself a girl. I can only think that his mother hasn't tried to correct him or guide him at all and is being totally permissive about the whole thing. I may be wrong.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:36 AM   #118
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post

Pretty good. Yep. Started grad school this year.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:53 AM   #119
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Well I mean she must not be correcting him. I mean even though I'm all for gender bending and what not. You gotta let the boy know he's a boy. Even if he likes girl things at the end of the day he's still a boy. He's not biologically a girl. I mean I just feel like to self-identify correctly, you need to know who you are and then who you aren't and then take it from there. A 7 year old can't know all that yet. Technically gender identity doesn't even start forming till around 9 or 10 years old. He may know he's different and doesn't feel like a boy, but I just find it a bit startling that he's already saying he considers himself a girl. I can only think that his mother hasn't tried to correct him or guide him at all and is being totally permissive about the whole thing. I may be wrong.
I agree, obviously she's not correcting him in any way, but I feel like taking her pov as a mom on this one. It sounds like she's decided to be completely supportive of him whatever his endeavors are, and if I ever become a parent I'd have the same pov.

I don't think it's that serious, I'm sure the kid already knows he's a boy, he probably doesn't use the girls bathroom when he needs to handle his business, and I'm sure his mom has already established the fact that if he wants to be treated by a girl there will be limitations. But joining the girl scouts shouldn't be a big one, it's just a girls club where they do girly shit that he obviously wants to partake in. Unless highly questionable activities were going on inside the club it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Still though I understand the girl scouts side of this, i agree with the keeping of tradition and respect it completely.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #120
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
I agree, obviously she's not correcting him in any way, but I feel like taking her pov as a mom on this one. It sounds like she's decided to be completely supportive of him whatever his endeavors are, and if I ever become a parent I'd have the same pov.

I don't think it's that serious, I'm sure the kid already knows he's a boy, he probably doesn't use the girls bathroom when he needs to handle his business, and I'm sure his mom has already established the fact that if he wants to be treated by a girl there will be limitations. But joining the girl scouts shouldn't be a big one, it's just a girls club where they do girly shit that he obviously wants to partake in. Unless highly questionable activities were going on inside the club it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Still though I understand the girl scouts side of this, i agree with the keeping of tradition and respect it completely.

And he is not a girl.