Get any softies out of here asap!
Old 08-08-2023, 03:37 PM   #108
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

2023 Commies training camp thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Get any softies out of here asap!

Including Ron who apparently favors the coddling approach because that has really worked well for us. Im stunned about the slight to EB. What exactly does a HC do in Rons opinion? Read stories and tuck them in at night? Jeez.

After so many years of losing it is a breath of fresh air imo to have someone lighting a fire under these guys asses. You wanna start? Play? You better be working. Enough of this bullshit the guys love me crap. They love collecting paychecks and taking it easy in practice. Put these softies on notice. Ron should have said “gtfo than” not run to the press and called him out as a newbie. Man Im so done with Ron. Lol
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 03:44 PM   #109
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

2023 Commies training camp thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Sounded like Ron was almost siding w/ Del Rio's style and gave a slight to EB. Ron sometimes says the dumbest crap. The nonsense about Del Rio being a HC vs EB not being one? C'mon dude.

He is here one more year. There is no way the new ownership group is going to keep him.

Nope. Not unless they win 10 or more and I don’t think Ron has it in him. EB seems to but apparently Ron, like you said, would rather ignore it. Guys come to you and complain that the OC is too tough, and you say go talk to him than throw shade at him to the press? He should have made them run laps or go home and kept it in house. Take your naps, losing seasons, and absolute obliviousness elsewhere Ron.
Old 08-08-2023, 05:24 PM   #110
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: 2023 Commies training camp thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Nope. Not unless they win 10 or more and I don’t think Ron has it in him. EB seems to but apparently Ron, like you said, would rather ignore it. Guys come to you and complain that the OC is too tough, and you say go talk to him than throw shade at him to the press? He should have made them run laps or go home and kept it in house. Take your naps, losing seasons, and absolute obliviousness elsewhere Ron.
I'm fine with Ron telling the players to go talk to EB about it. But it is a mistake to criticize EB in public. It seems like a cheap shot because people will think that Ron did it because he is afraid of losing his job to EB.

Do not put a new leader in place to solve a long-standing problem on offense and then bad-mouth him before his new offense even plays its first game! Do not undermine EB's authority by appeasing the whiners. Before this happened I would have said to Ron:"Go talk to to EB if you think he should tone it down a bit." But - whoops! - too late for that now, Ron.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 05:46 PM   #111
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The media is killing Ron about this and the players. Another drama filled situation starting with a new owner lol. Man this franchise has some fucking curse on them or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2023, 06:40 PM   #112
MTK
\m/

I really don’t have a problem with what Ron said, that said he needs to go to the less is more school because he talks in circles and leaves too much up for interpretation.

Just say some players complained, I told them tough shit.

Next question.
Old 08-08-2023, 06:43 PM   #113
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I'm fine with Ron telling the players to go talk to EB about it. But it is a mistake to criticize EB in public. It seems like a cheap shot because people will think that Ron did it because he is afraid of losing his job to EB.

Do not put a new leader in place to solve a long-standing problem on offense and then bad-mouth him before his new offense even plays its first game! Do not undermine EB's authority by appeasing the whiners. Before this happened I would have said to Ron:"Go talk to to EB if you think he should tone it down a bit." But - whoops! - too late for that now, Ron.
More of 'making a mountain out of a mole hill'. Not you specifically, just the story in general.

I don't see where he criticized EB. He pointed out that he and Jack have different experiences, and they handle things differently. Not exactly a revelation, and not really being critical either. I don't even think he indicated that Jack's way was "better", only that EB hasn't been a HC before, and doesn't have the experience that comes with that - yet.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 07:56 PM   #114
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
I really don’t have a problem with what Ron said, that said he needs to go to the less is more school because he talks in circles and leaves too much up for interpretation.

Next question.

This.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 08:34 PM   #115
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Next question.
Exactly. But the problem is he does this all the time.

EB presser, he handled it like a pro. Maybe time to move on from Ron to EB sooner than later

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 10:52 PM   #116
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Next question.

That would have been perfect if he said exactly that. Than left it alone instead of talking about EB the way he did. If I liked Ron the Coach these things wouldn’t bother me nearly as much. I don’t though so they are amplified.
Old 08-08-2023, 11:02 PM   #117
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I really don't even care if we win a single game this year. We've already won before the season even begins.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 11:07 PM   #118
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Old 08-09-2023, 09:37 AM   #119
irish
Playmaker

Quote:

Next question.
I'm not sure why he even needed to bring this up in the first place. He created this mess himself and made it worse by reading that ridiculous prepared statement. That said, because he did say that, he should have used your answer.

Considering how long RR has been in the NFL its amazing how inept he is with the media.

Last edited by irish; 08-09-2023 at 09:55 AM.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 09:58 AM   #120
MTK
\m/

Ron loves to hear himself talk that's for sure.