Pimp That Product

Parking Lot

Old 06-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #106
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: Pimp That Product

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I honestly want to give up coffee. I feel a salve to it at times. Everytime I quit I have to suffer through awful headaches for like a week.
I did that. Went through my own one week of hell to the point other people were asking me if I was okay because I looked like I was sick. After you get through it it's not to bad.

Granted I now still technically have caffeine but it's a very small amount that you find in decaf coffee. No where near the 3 or 4 cup minimum of coffee and diet soda I was downing everyday.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #107
Monkeydad
Living Legend

There's nothing wrong with caffeine in moderation. Coffee has been cited as beneficial in some health areas if any of those studies can actually be trusted.

It's also a healthier alternative to pre-workout supplements that are basically chemicals with caffeine, and just as effective.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #108
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
There's nothing wrong with caffeine in moderation. Coffee has been cited as beneficial in some health areas if any of those studies can actually be trusted.

It's also a healthier alternative to pre-workout supplements that are basically chemicals with caffeine, and just as effective.
I was not doing it for health reason more to unchain me from the having the ritual of making it in the morning.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #109
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I love espresso, this is the first I've heard of a moka pot. Checked it out on wiki and it says it makes something similar to espresso, but not quite.

Moka pot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is also a moka pot made by Bialetti that has a "special valve" on it which gives the not quite espresso extra "creme":

Its only avialble in the smaller sizes so its not for me, but you may want to look into it.

Also is cappuccino just espresso with milk or cream? If so that "Mukka Pot" might produce pressurized espresso if you dont put milk in the top part.

I will say this about my pot. It makes really strong coffee but its not bad tasting like strong coffee can be. Its somehow smooth tasting. That said i wouldnt mind if it was less strong.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #110
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post

So part of the reason i wanted a french press or something like what i got is because i heard the best part of the coffee for you is the oil. Oil will aslo supposedly turn your coffee bitter much faster so thats the major turn off. But if you drink it quick or make personally sized cup the oil is susposed to be good for you.

Unfortunately i dont think my pot allows for anymore oil than a pot that uses a paper filter. So maybe a french press is the only way to get that oil.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #111
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
There is also a moka pot made by Bialetti that has a "special valve" on it which gives the not quite espresso extra "creme":

Its only avialble in the smaller sizes so its not for me, but you may want to look into it.

Also is cappuccino just espresso with milk or cream? If so that "Mukka Pot" might produce pressurized espresso if you dont put milk in the top part.

I will say this about my pot. It makes really strong coffee but its not bad tasting like strong coffee can be. Its somehow smooth tasting. That said i wouldnt mind if it was less strong.
It's not quite espresso, but probably to the average drinker it wouldn't matter.

Quote:
Moka pots are sometimes referred to as stove-top espresso makers and produce coffee with an extraction ratio similar to that of a conventional espresso machine. Depending on bean variety and grind selection, Moka pots can create a foam emulsion, known as crema. However, the maximum pressure for coffee extraction which can be achieved with a Moka pot is 1.5 bar[citation needed]. According to the Italian Espresso National Institute and the Specialty Coffee Association of America, an espresso must be made using a precise extraction pressure of 9 bar.[11][12] So, while a Moka coffee pot can produce a crema similar to espressos, different equipment is required to make a true espresso.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #112
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I was not doing it for health reason more to unchain me from the having the ritual of making it in the morning.
Mine has a timer. Set it the night before.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #113
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Anyone use laptop cooling pads and if so do they work? I got a new gaming laptop and it can get a bit hot. Graphics are amazing and the prices of games are awesome. Sucks that not everything is compatible with the 360 windows controller but thats beside the point. Either way after about 20 to 30 minutes it gets relatively warm. Not blistering hot but seeing as how it's new and I freak out about everything I want the best for my baby.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #114
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Anyone use laptop cooling pads and if so do they work? I got a new gaming laptop and it can get a bit hot. Graphics are amazing and the prices of games are awesome. Sucks that not everything is compatible with the 360 windows controller but thats beside the point. Either way after about 20 to 30 minutes it gets relatively warm. Not blistering hot but seeing as how it's new and I freak out about everything I want the best for my baby.
check out targus pads, easy usb connect, light weight, good quality. you can touch one at a bestbuy before you order it from amazon.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:48 PM   #115
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I use a laptop pad, it's extremely cheap, flimsy, makes loud noises when it starts and half the time the fans don't work. I did buy it at Micro Center for 10 bucks though, so that's to be expected. I honestly don't know whether the more expensive models are worth it, but when I got my laptop I felt I needed one because Toshiba's have a rep for overheating.

And you know what the funny thing is? I didn't even know who it was made by but after a quick glance at it and an online search, I found it for 28 bucks at Walmart.com.

PS don't buy this one.

Inland Notebook Cooling Pad: Computers : Walmart.com

And you know what you can't tell from the picture? The usb wire that connects to your laptop is exposed (i actually taped all the excess wire to the back of the pad) on top of the fact that the slightest jolt will cause one of the fans to stop working, or for it to make this loud noise that sounds like something's broken for like 5 minutes.

Last edited by mooby; 08-19-2012 at 11:54 PM.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #116
MTK
\m/

Quote:
So part of the reason i wanted a french press or something like what i got is because i heard the best part of the coffee for you is the oil. Oil will aslo supposedly turn your coffee bitter much faster so thats the major turn off. But if you drink it quick or make personally sized cup the oil is susposed to be good for you.

Unfortunately i dont think my pot allows for anymore oil than a pot that uses a paper filter. So maybe a french press is the only way to get that oil.
I got this recently, it makes an amazing cup of coffee

Bodum Brazil 8 cup French Press Coffee Maker,34... Bodum Brazil 8 cup French Press Coffee Maker,34...
Old 08-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #117
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
matty, what's the deal w the shop link in your sig? should we be buying our jerseys there? will it truly aid the warpath?
Old 08-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #118
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
matty, what's the deal w the shop link in your sig? should we be buying our jerseys there? will it truly aid the warpath?
We get a 10% cut of sales. It's not much but it helps. Got a check last month for $7, woo-hoo!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #119
mlmpetert
Playmaker

I have pretty good oral hygeine; however, ive never been able to bring myself to floss on a consitant basis. Im happy to say these things have changed that:

Oral-B*Advantage Floss Picks | Walgreens
Old 10-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #120
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I have pretty good oral hygeine; however, ive never been able to bring myself to floss on a consitant basis. Im happy to say these things have changed that:

Oral-B*Advantage Floss Picks | Walgreens
Dude got use Plackers; they are made from Kevlar.

Plackers Twin-Line Dental Flossers, 150ct: Personal Care : Walmart.com

Best on the market!