Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Parking Lot

Old 12-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #106
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Sadly had to put my 11 year old Boarder Collie down today. Been a rough few months dog wise.

My wife is just in shatters.

=(

RIP Bailey
Sorry to hear that man I know the pain

Advertisements
Old 12-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #107
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Sorry to hear that man I know the pain
Thank you.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:42 AM   #108
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #109
Schneed10
A Dude

I like this a lot:

Old 12-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #110
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgement...

Quote:
Sadly had to put my 11 year old Boarder Collie down today. Been a rough few months dog wise.

My wife is just in shatters.

=(

RIP Bailey
Damn....sorry Man, i hear you about rough time with the dogs. It will get better, sadness turns to fond memories and im sure Bailey was loved and happy when she was here with you.
JR - thats great what you do with the xmas present. Very cool. We got our paw prints a couple weeks ago. Couldnt open it up rite away, but we are planning to frame them.
We are going Saturday to adopt another rescue, and are trying for another senior who was found with one eye dangling - I wasnt sure we would want another rite away but knowing there are so many waiting for loving homes breaks my heart - so were getting two.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #111
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Damn. Sorry to hear that. Serious condolences.

Probably too late for this, but did you get a pawprint (either in clay or on a piece of paper)? If so, make it into a holiday decoration for her. Lacking that, find a photo and do the same. Lots of things out there for remberance of pets. You could put something under the tree (if that's what you do) from you dogs to her - a necklace with a card "To Mom; From ____".

I sneak a "From Bronwyn" present into my son's room every year. I am pretty sure he knows where it comes from but we both keep up the pretense (I am stuck on what to do this year, however, and time is running out).
Do you have another dog? Maybe Bronwyn can sneak a dog outta the shelter and into his room?
Old 12-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #112
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Damn....sorry Man, i hear you about rough time with the dogs. It will get better, sadness turns to fond memories and im sure Bailey was loved and happy when she was here with you.
JR - thats great what you do with the xmas present. Very cool. We got our paw prints a couple weeks ago. Couldnt open it up rite away, but we are planning to frame them.
We are going Saturday to adopt another rescue, and are trying for another senior who was found with one eye dangling - I wasnt sure we would want another rite away but knowing there are so many waiting for loving homes breaks my heart - so were getting two.
thanks and god for you rescuing two. I think in Jan we will start our rescue search as well.

Holy F--k do I have to sweep the floors now so much. Never realized the benefit of living vacuum cleaners.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #113
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
thanks and god for you rescuing two. I think in Jan we will start our rescue search as well.

Holy F--k do I have to sweep the floors now so much. Never realized the benefit of living vacuum cleaners.
Lmao
Old 12-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #114
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Do you have another dog? Maybe Bronwyn can sneak a dog outta the shelter and into his room?
No. We have two. One of which is high energy stupid - he is capable of filling the house by himself.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #115
firstdown
Living Legend

Here is the new addition to our family. The dog is two yr old Cockapoo.

firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #116
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
No. We have two. One of which is high energy stupid - he is capable of filling the house by himself.
Ahhhh....than how bout a video game. Lol.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #117
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Here is the new addition to our family. The dog is two yr old Cockapoo.

Awesome. I cannot wait to pick ours up saturday nite. A 1-1/2 year old shih tzu. We thought it was 4 but found out different just yesterday. we really originally only wanted to help seniors, but fell in love with the four year old through pictures. Were still tryin for the other which is a senior. Would be thrilled if we get both. Our dog now seems so lonely and depressed. Its sad he misses his girl sooo much.
On a different note - when i had Jules put down i was given two options - either a single cremation, or mixed - in which i was told i would receive "some of her ashes mixed with others". I said that was ok, it was half the cost and i dont really care - when the soul leaves the soul leaves imo. I than asked - after i had checked that option if i had to come pick up the remains. "Yes someone will call you". Ok i said. So a couple weeks has gone by, and i am starting to wonder wtf? I called today and was told that the communal cremation has no remains to pick up, and her ashes are buried "somewhere" in a pet cemetary. That was not the easiest thing i ever had to tell my wife. She kind of holds the ashes sacred.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #118
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Ahhhh....than how bout a video game. Lol.
Going to make a stencil of her paw print then use it to burn a copy into a slice of the cedar tree that we had to cut down from outside his window.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #119
JPPT1974
Special Teams

Any kind of animal becomes like a good family member indeed! Sorry about Sandy!
Old 12-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #120
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Going to make a stencil of her paw print then use it to burn a copy into a slice of the cedar tree that we had to cut down from outside his window.
That sounds so much better than a video game. Maybe u could post a pic of it......