Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #106
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

FYI, according to a thread on extremeskins, Clausen will appear as a guest of Vinny's on his radio show tomorrow morning at some point between 8-10AM.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #107
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Some Thing Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Vinny would have been absolutely blasted here if he had drafted 5'10" DeSean Jackson to play alongside 5'10" Santana Moss and 5'10" Antwaan Randle El.

The Eagles have failed time and time again when it comes to selecting WRs. Good for them on Jackson...but Devin Thomas will be just as good
How tall was Gary Clark? I've been right next the guy and he can't be more than 5'10. Again it doesn't matter how big and strong a guy is. It's comes down to can he play football. So far Jackson is miles ahead of Thomas. I hope Thomas can come on but right now it's not even close.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #108
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Vinny would have been absolutely blasted here if he had drafted 5'10" DeSean Jackson to play alongside 5'10" Santana Moss and 5'10" Antwaan Randle El.

The Eagles have failed time and time again when it comes to selecting WRs. Good for them on Jackson...but Devin Thomas will be just as good
Seriously, everyone and their mother was banging on the "we need a big WR" drum back then.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #109
MTK
\m/

Thomas is starting to show signs of life... in time I believe he could be a more complete package than Jackson.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #110
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Well in all fairness, if Jackson had been drafted, he would never have broken into the lineup, because Santana hasn't been injured. So he would have been inactive most of the first year, and some of this. Also, why would we have put him in to return kicks, we had others who could return kicks on the roster, and we never replaced ARE, so Jackson would not have done that either. And last I checked a 2nd rounder who only returns kicks would get the same criticism as every other draft pick gets around here.
How in the world would he have been inactive? He also could've split time w/ ARE and eventually beat him out. And sorry but a guy that's as fast as Jackson, plus add in the skill set and his ass would've been on the field right away.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #111
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
How tall was Gary Clark? I've been right next the guy and he can't be more than 5'10. Again it doesn't matter how big and strong a guy is. It's comes down to can he play football. So far Jackson is miles ahead of Thomas. I hope Thomas can come on but right now it's not even close.
I love when people make the other side's argument. Gary Clark was good, but without Monk he would have had less of the career. We have this teams Gary Clark in Santana, we needed a Monk, and may have found one in DT at least last game, the way he pulled away from receivers.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #112
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
FYI, according to a thread on extremeskins, Clausen will appear as a guest of Vinny's on his radio show tomorrow morning at some point between 8-10AM.
I'll be on around 9:30am
Old 12-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #113
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
How in the world would he have been inactive? He also could've split time w/ ARE and eventually beat him out. And sorry but a guy that's as fast as Jackson, plus add in the skill set and his ass would've been on the field right away.
Because that is how our coaching staff has operated. No one has just come on, except Orakpo, and started in front of named position players. Although we will never know, I am more than willing to bet that DJ would have been a bust here in DC (remember his first non-TD? he wouldn't have seen the field again!)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #114
dmek25
MVP

oh god, not the we need a tall receiver argument again?
Old 12-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #115
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
I'll be on around 9:30am
No way, really? So we'll all finally learn your alter-ego?
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #116
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
No way, really? So we'll all finally learn your alter-ego?
LOL...Oops. That was a typo. I mean he'll be on, as in Jimmy Clausen. Not me. Sorry to disappoint
Old 12-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #117
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Smoot Smack is Jimmy Clausen everyone!
Old 12-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #118
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Marko Mitchell could be a world beater too, but the Redskin way is to bring them along slowly unless a starter is injured. I think that's the point CRedskinsRule is trying to make. Who knows how long it would have taken the coaches to trust Jackson enough to actually throw to him? Personally I think DT may end up being better than Jackson.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #119
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
thats why he is a terrible personel guy. i just wish he would leave the redskins and start his short lived media career already

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #120
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Because that is how our coaching staff has operated. No one has just come on, except Orakpo, and started in front of named position players. Although we will never know, I am more than willing to bet that DJ would have been a bust here in DC (remember his first non-TD? he wouldn't have seen the field again!)
I hear what you saying, I just dont like diminishing a player like Desean who has gone out and preformed, making big plays and being a badass in general as a receiver as a well as special teams. Both teams needed WR in that, to this date Philly got the better player...I hope our entire offense coaching staff would not be so incrediably poor not to put this guy on the field...wow we must really suck. ARE, im sorry-he is a great guy, good locker room and all that-but doesnt even come close to the talent Desean Jackson is showing right now on the field ever in his career. I really really hope would we be smart enough to here to let this guy get on the field. I think DT can be special and hope he will be here, do you think DT could preform in Philly under a better coached offense, QB, and supporting cast? I think better, but not close to what ive seen of Desean, he is just a special player

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote