Ravens v Commanders game thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-22-2023, 10:28 AM   #106
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Ravens v Commanders game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It really was our A/B team vs their B/C team. Im glad fans showed up. Im glad that Howell looked good. But, honestly in a regular season game…A team vs A team they would blow us up. We still have a lot of work to do, which will happen now that Douche bag is gone. We are still a year away from actually contending for anything. Our LB’s and O line are completely meh.
We still can't cover tight ends on defense. So damn frustrating.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-22-2023, 10:30 AM   #107
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Nope. Got no LB’s. Our Oline will be exposed big time too. But as others have alluded too the dark ages are gone. New ownership group is pretty much playing the hand they were dealt. For now. One year away. Been waiting for 30. One more isn’t going to kill me. Lol
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 10:31 AM   #108
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
ok then! Feels good to get one on the raisins. If I had to see that stupid 24 game record thing on the screen one more time, I would have frickin screamed.

Anyway, nice way to kick off the new era.
That was the most annoying part of last night. Seeing that on the screen every other play was getting irritating.

Meaningless in the grand scheme of things but glad we were the ones that ended it after they were 5-0 against us during the streak.
Old 08-22-2023, 10:42 AM   #109
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Was reading a Ravens site after the game and they were making fun how excited the players and fans were about winning a preseason game.

Sure, they wanted to win, especially after having joint practices together. But that was just a part of it.

1st home game with no Dan Snyder and winning in that fashion, was like another huge piece of weight being lifted off of the franchise. Just a fun way to win and nice to get the 1st one at home, that had mostly fans of our team, even if just preseason.
I’m sure Harbaugh will act like he doesn’t cared and never really cared like the typical douchebag he is

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 01:21 PM   #110
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Good news out of the MRI: Sources say there is optimism for Week 1 for Terry McLaurin. More day-to-day than anything, with the scans showing no major injury.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 01:23 PM   #111
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Good news out of the MRI: Sources say there is optimism for Week 1 for Terry McLaurin. More day-to-day than anything, with the scans showing no major injury.

Old 08-22-2023, 01:31 PM   #112
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Old 08-22-2023, 02:22 PM   #113
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Was reading a Ravens site after the game and they were making fun how excited the players and fans were about winning a preseason game.

Sure, they wanted to win, especially after having joint practices together. But that was just a part of it.

1st home game with no Dan Snyder and winning in that fashion, was like another huge piece of weight being lifted off of the franchise. Just a fun way to win and nice to get the 1st one at home, that had mostly fans of our team, even if just preseason.
I haven't verified this, but a friend of mine who is an Eagles fan said that Harbaugh popped champagne after beating the Eagles last week, so he was rooting for us. He said "it felt dirty rooting for the Redskins last night...but I had to"

Dumb streak - and it's over so we don't have to hear about it anymore - thank goodness.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 02:32 PM   #114
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I haven't verified this, but a friend of mine who is an Eagles fan said that Harbaugh popped champagne after beating the Eagles last week, so he was rooting for us. He said "it felt dirty rooting for the Redskins last night...but I had to"

Dumb streak - and it's over so we don't have to hear about it anymore - thank goodness.
The streak is over, the other 31 teams can rejoice. And it looks like McLaurin is fine. All around, great night.
Old 08-22-2023, 03:27 PM   #115
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I think Nick Gates has been a low key great acquisition by the team.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/...58684303777952
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 03:48 PM   #116
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quan Martin looked atrocious last night. I know he is a rookie but im pretty sure he wasn’t taught to tackle by flailing a single arm in the direction of the ball carrier at Illinois. Looked like he was deathly afraid to get physical. The int was great but sort of a weird play that just broke his way. He was beaten badly on it initially also.
Forbes on the other hand looked awesome.
Old 08-22-2023, 03:54 PM   #117
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think Nick Gates has been a low key great acquisition by the team.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/...58684303777952
Good stuff! Yeah man I like his nastiness, it’s needed on the Oline. I hope it rubs off on Cosmi

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 03:57 PM   #118
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Quan Martin looked atrocious last night. I know he is a rookie but im pretty sure he wasn’t taught to tackle by flailing a single arm in the direction of the ball carrier at Illinois. Looked like he was deathly afraid to get physical. The int was great but sort of a weird play that just broke his way. He was beaten badly on it initially also.
Forbes is a tough SOB. He throws his body around with wreckless abandonment. That 3rd and 1 stop was super-impressive.
Old 08-22-2023, 05:13 PM   #119
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
I think they are asking Martin to do a lot more, the same stupid way they did with Jamin Davis, dumping 3 positions worth of information at once and seeing how much he can absorb. Forbes is only being asked to be an outside corner. And for some guys it takes a little longer to get used to NFL speed. His film doesn't show him being afraid to tackle. He is the #7 or #8 DB right now so it is not like they desperately need him to be a day 1 starter.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 07:56 PM   #120
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
It really was our A/B team vs their B/C team. Im glad fans showed up. Im glad that Howell looked good. But, honestly in a regular season game…A team vs A team they would blow us up. We still have a lot of work to do, which will happen now that Douche bag is gone. We are still a year away from actually contending for anything. Our LB’s and O line are completely meh.
Agreed. Overreacting to pre-season works both ways: don't panic when we look bad, but don't pop the champagne just yet when some of our starters on D got embarrassed by a bunch of 2s and 3s, and when all our 1s on O couldn't get it in the endzone against their 2nd and 3rd stringers...

Watched the 1st quarter so far, Sam looked pretty good, minus that really bad sack he took on the first drive. But yeah, he looks confortable, throws a good ball, seems to have a nice connection with both Terry and Cole Turner, makes good decisions. Promising for sure.

Oline is worrying, they looked decent only because they were facing back ups. Sam Cosmi was man handled on the first play of the game. My worry is if we're not able to establish a run game, we'll end up asking too much from Howell, which could cost us against good defense.

It's only the pre-season but I didn't like seeing both Forbes and Jartavius Martin missing tackles on the first drive (Forbes made up for on the next drive).