Gamebreaker

Re: Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
WOW:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...warning-825358

Trump’s new loyalty test: Don’t make trade deal with China

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trud...deal-1.4118165

Fucking Ruthless by Trump and Administration. Talk about cut throat...

The new U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement allows any of the countries to withdraw from the deal on six-month's notice if one of the partners enters into a free trade agreement with a non-market economy -- language widely seen as referring to China

The USMCA also requires a member country to provide notice and information to the other two partners if it plans free trade talks with a "non-market" economy

The clause in the new agreement -- which still needs formal approval in all three countries -- gives the other partners a say in the text of such a deal.

Conservative MPs repeatedly referred to that clause as a "Trump veto" during question period, while trade experts remained divided on whether that was in fact the case

This is the type of deal Trump practice in private...just fucking ruthless.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...3-like-minded/

Advertisements
Old 10-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #107
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

CNN is starting to get it:
President Donald Trump's winning streak

The election is gonna be a crazy moment in the midst of crazy moments
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #108
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
CNN is starting to get it:
President Donald Trump's winning streak

The election is gonna be a crazy moment in the midst of crazy moments
from the same link.................

The case against the President
Many of Trump's perceived achievements are hugely controversial, and his opponents will argue that they stain America's image, reverse a march toward human progress and justice, and will ultimately exert a price the nation will be paying for many years to come.
And Democrats carp that Trump is only building off the far more significant economic work of his predecessor Barack Obama in the wake of the Great Recession and argue that his tax cuts sharply worsened inequality and exploded budget deficits in a way that will haunt the economy for decades.
Trump's critics say his approach to the world threatens to buckle the international system of alliances and a rule-based trading system that made America the richest and most powerful nation in US history and a beacon of democracy.
They say his presidency is in fact most notable for a culture of corruption, falsehood and demagoguery.
There is a case to be made that Trump's constant twisting of truth, invention of false political realities and strategy of tearing at the country's racial, gender and societal divides in order to capture and wield power threaten the eternal values and institutions of the nation itself.
This week, the President stood accused of tax fraud after a New York Times investigation into his family finances in the 1990s. And, though special counsel Robert Mueller has gone quiet in election season, Trump's campaign is under investigation to see whether it conspired with a foreign power to win his election.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:41 PM   #109
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
from the same link.................

{cnn not getting it}
I said CNN was STARTING to get it. They aren't going to just roll over and start singing Alleluia, their readers would go ballistic. BUT my guess is that they have had more positive Trump pieces, and headlines the last few days then in the last two year. RCP economic polls, even CNN's all reflect greater than 50 approval for Trump's handling of the economy, and even general Trump approval numbers seem to have slowly climbing toward the 50-50 mark.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:11 PM   #110
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I said CNN was STARTING to get it. They aren't going to just roll over and start singing Alleluia, their readers would go ballistic. BUT my guess is that they have had more positive Trump pieces, and headlines the last few days then in the last two year. RCP economic polls, even CNN's all reflect greater than 50 approval for Trump's handling of the economy, and even general Trump approval numbers seem to have slowly climbing toward the 50-50 mark.
no it doesn't................

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/11/polit...ped/index.html
Old 10-06-2018, 08:44 PM   #111
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
First that article was a month ago, kind of pointless to reference it.
Second, You have to look at the collection of polls.
realclearpolitics.com is a good neutral aggregator of all the polls in the country regardless of bias and they graph the tracking of the polls over the years. Nearly all the polls over the past 2 months have a steady 53percent negative similar to bush and obama at their midterms. Most have positives ranging from high 30s to low 40s. My point is that if all the polls have consistent negative rate, the unsure portion is likely trump voters who arent trusting pollsters.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:19 PM   #112
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
First that article was a month ago, kind of pointless to reference it.
Second, You have to look at the collection of polls.
realclearpolitics.com is a good neutral aggregator of all the polls in the country regardless of bias and they graph the tracking of the polls over the years. Nearly all the polls over the past 2 months have a steady 53percent negative similar to bush and obama at their midterms. Most have positives ranging from high 30s to low 40s. My point is that if all the polls have consistent negative rate, the unsure portion is likely trump voters who arent trusting pollsters.
Here is the link for approval of trump handling of the economy

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...182.html#polls
Old 10-09-2018, 02:45 PM   #113
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Winning............,tariffs

Automaker Ford plans layoffs, blames Trump tariffs for $1 billion loss: report

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b01470d05445e5

https://www.nola.com/business/index....p_tariffs.html
Old 10-09-2018, 05:44 PM   #114
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Winning............,tariffs

Automaker Ford plans layoffs, blames Trump tariffs for $1 billion loss: report

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b01470d05445e5

https://www.nola.com/business/index....p_tariffs.html
Nobody said bad businesses wouldnt be affected

From the NBC source article
Quote:
Ford is lagging behind the competition, selling an anemic 32.8 vehicles per employee. Long-time rival GM puts out 52.7 vehicles per employee. But it's unclear exactly how improved efficiencies will impact potential job cuts.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:06 AM   #115
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Nobody said bad businesses wouldnt be affected

From the NBC source article

Ok, so are these 202 Companies bad businesses?

https://reason.com/archives/2018/09/14/tariff-victims
Old 10-10-2018, 09:38 AM   #116
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Ok, so are these 202 Companies bad businesses?

https://reason.com/archives/2018/09/14/tariff-victims
I am sure some are and some are not, the tariffs no doubt will impact businesses. The company i work for buys hundreds of steel hangers a week from overseas, we have seen price increases, shortages, longer lead times. And so have our competitors. These arent unequal or unfairly added costs, so each company will make their business decusions to remain competitive. That is capitalist principles in action. Some companies will not remain, but the economy as a whole continues to grow and offer new opportunities for people throughout the country.

Is it your suggestion that, given the high economic growth and low unemployment numbers its not right for the US to make a stand against other countries unfair trade tactics with us?

If so, my question is if not now, when the economy has a resilience to handle the pressures tarriffs may create, then when would be the right time for the US to protect our country's industrial base from aggressive and blatantly unfair trade.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:15 AM   #117
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I am sure some are and some are not, the tariffs no doubt will impact businesses. The company i work for buys hundreds of steel hangers a week from overseas, we have seen price increases, shortages, longer lead times. And so have our competitors. These arent unequal or unfairly added costs, so each company will make their business decusions to remain competitive. That is capitalist principles in action. Some companies will not remain, but the economy as a whole continues to grow and offer new opportunities for people throughout the country.

Is it your suggestion that, given the high economic growth and low unemployment numbers its not right for the US to make a stand against other countries unfair trade tactics with us?

If so, my question is if not now, when the economy has a resilience to handle the pressures tarriffs may create, then when would be the right time for the US to protect our country's industrial base from aggressive and blatantly unfair trade.

You are talking about "unfair trade tactics" ,I am talking about a tax the president is adding that is directly or indirectly hurting American companies . As much as republicans don't want to admit it the economic growth you speak of and low unemployment numbers were all started under the Obama Administration many of the programs that have led to those up numbers Obama tried to implement put was stopped by Congress, without Tariffs = taxes.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:43 PM   #118
MTK
\m/

Kanye in the WH... WTF

White House Aides ‘Hugely Embarrassed’ By Trump’s Lunch With Kanye: NYT Reporter

This was more strange than when Elvis met with Nixon
Old 10-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #119
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Kanye in the WH... WTF

White House Aides ‘Hugely Embarrassed’ By Trump’s Lunch With Kanye: NYT Reporter

This was more strange than when Elvis met with Nixon
Chappelle defended Kanye. Dave is the fucking man. Good enough for him good enough for me lol.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 11:00 AM   #120
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Chappelle defended Kanye. Dave is the fucking man. Good enough for him good enough for me lol.
Eh, he said he supports Kanye but he also said he shouldn't be saying all that shit.

Quote:
While Chappelle thinks that his friend has good intentions, he clearly seems to feel that he’s veered off course. “I’m not mad at Kanye. That’s my brother. I love him, I support him,” Chappelle said. “But, you know, I don’t have to agree with everything that he says. I just trust him as a person of intent. But yeah, he shouldn’t say all that s***.”

link
Either way it was just a bizarre scene.