Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Sons of Anarchy Season 7

Parking Lot

Old 12-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #106
MTK
\m/

Re: Sons of Anarchy Season 7

Predictable but satisfying ending for me. It had to end that way, just like Walter White doesn't get to live happily ever after, neither does Jax Teller.

Advertisements
Old 12-10-2014, 08:49 PM   #107
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I can't say for sure what I was expecting. Jax to die? Definitely.

But I think maybe because it ended too nicely it didn't sit well with me. They wrapped everything up with a bow. Maybe I was expecting some sort of lasting turmoil... And then there were things that there were not answers to. Sutter copped out in the post-show when asked about who the homeless woman was "She's whoever you want her to be" My ass. Come on Sutter, give me something concrete. Plus Sutter is the worst showrunner when it comes to continuity. With some plotlines, they just veered into an entirely different direction.

But they literally sent Jax off the way of Jesus Christ.

I guess I found it a little hokey, I guess.

Overall, I still love the series. Captivated me til the end.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:54 PM   #108
FRPLG
MVP

The hallmark of the show had always been...huge buildup then neat tidy quick solutions. Then they'd spend the next season dealing with the fallout from whatever solution solved the prior season's angst. The clubs solution always drove them deeper and deeper into trouble. Sutter's strength was writing, creation, character development, and a good idea for the show...not necessarily his story arcs and serialisation.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #109
MTK
\m/

I guess my only complaint was the horrible CGI in the last scene. Cringe worthy for sure.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #110
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

The ending was really predictable. I felt Jax was going out the same way his father did. And sure enough, he did! He even went out on his daddy's bike. And I wasn't too far off with the thoughts on Abel. Instead of him holding up his daddy's cuts, he was pending the Sons ring on his finger - basically, Abel patches in when he's grown and the whole thing starts again.

I thought the bread and wine bit, and then Jax's blood flowing over to the wine soaked bread was a bit much. Probably a wee bit sacrilegious. But hey, it is what it is.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #111
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
The ending was really predictable. I felt Jax was going out the same way his father did. And sure enough, he did! He even went out on his daddy's bike. And I wasn't too far off with the thoughts on Abel. Instead of him holding up his daddy's cuts, he was pending the Sons ring on his finger - basically, Abel patches in when he's grown and the whole thing starts again.

I thought the bread and wine bit, and then Jax's blood flowing over to the wine soaked bread was a bit much. Probably a wee bit sacrilegious. But hey, it is what it is.
Yeah, I agree. Almost gave it this "Jackson Christ" element that I didn't like. I'm not even religious but I felt it was too much.

Also agree on the CGI Matty, bad CGI doesn't bother me that much but it looked like a terrible cardboard cutout of Jax with his arms open in the last scene for a brief second.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #112
Schneed10
A Dude

The CGI crow flying overhead was pretty bad. Then it flies up into the air and disappears. Not flies out of sight, just disappears.

For me I liked the ending, though predictable. To me the show was entirely about whether Jax was a good guy or a bad guy. And interestingly in the end he decided he was a bad guy. Yet every step he took in the final episode was putting others before himself, getting his boys out of dodge, tying up loose ends for the club. There was conflict even in the end.

I've seen better TV series. There were plenty of times where Sutter put a lot of emphasis on a character only to have them be entirely inconsequential to the plot of the show. But Charlie Hunnam was great throughout. The hatred between him and Clay (nod to Ron Perlman, too) was palpable. The complexity of Jax's character is what kept me tuning in over the years, and I think Hunnam deserves the credit for showing that inner turmoil so well.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #113
jamf
Pro Bowl

I thought Hunnams accent starting coming out more this season.
He was full brit on the last episode.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 02:40 PM   #114
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I noticed that too. The religious symbolism was a bit much for me.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 12:43 PM   #115
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Charlie Hunnam definitely made his mark with this show in my opinion. Like Schneed, Jax's character is what kept me tuning in. But I'll agree that there were some character developments subplots that just didn't make sense to me.

I'm still trying to figure out why Jax was limping in one of the last few episodes. Maybe I zoned out when they explained it, but I never heard a reason. I still don't quite understand the reasoning for the sub plot with Tig and the tranny. Maybe it was meant to say that SOA had become more accepting of other races and sexual orientations? I mean, I'm not complaining about it, I just always felt that your subplots wind up tying into the main plot and being a factor in the end. Tig winding up with Venus was really no factor on the main story in my opinion.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:53 PM   #116
MTK
\m/

Sons of Anarchy Season 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Charlie Hunnam definitely made his mark with this show in my opinion. Like Schneed, Jax's character is what kept me tuning in. But I'll agree that there were some character developments subplots that just didn't make sense to me.

I'm still trying to figure out why Jax was limping in one of the last few episodes. Maybe I zoned out when they explained it, but I never heard a reason. I still don't quite understand the reasoning for the sub plot with Tig and the tranny. Maybe it was meant to say that SOA had become more accepting of other races and sexual orientations? I mean, I'm not complaining about it, I just always felt that your subplots wind up tying into the main plot and being a factor in the end. Tig winding up with Venus was really no factor on the main story in my opinion.

Apparently Hunnam had a broken toe, not sure why they left it in the show. Maybe a red herring type of deal?

As for Tig he found happiness, what better way for him than with a tranny?
Old 12-17-2014, 04:17 PM   #117
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Apparently Hunnam had a broken toe, not sure why they left it in the show. Maybe a red herring type of deal?

As for Tig he found happiness, what better way for him than with a tranny?
I didn't realize he had broken a toe, but you're right, not sure why they left that in the show?

LOL! Yeah, I guess you're right. Tig and the tranny! Maybe that will be the spin-off show!