We Effing Suck - Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-23-2023, 11:07 AM   #106
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: We Effing Suck - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
the #1 priority is o-line. the defense is bad but they gave up 14 yesterday. i think w/ a better coach/scheme they can be middle of the pack. if we had martindale we could be a top 10 or 12 defense.

there is no hope for the offense when you have the guys we have. they need to go o-line in rounds 1 through 4 of the draft plus bring in 2 free agents.

with this staff they don't seem to start coaching until the 2nd h. it's fucking weird. it's like they have no sense of urgency at all. ny had their back up qb ( who outplayed our starter) and no practice squad players on the o-line and had 240 yards in the first h. how do you explain that? did the offense convert one first down all day? this is high school shit.
Too many other holes to do that but I don't disagree w you.

OL
LB
TE
QB (Maybe)
RB

Are all HUGE Needs

Advertisements
Old 10-23-2023, 11:12 AM   #107
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

OL
LB
TE
QB (Maybe)
RB

Are all HUGE Needs
I am also curious how they will handle Young and Sweat. Edge might be an area of need too. Honestly this off season is shaping up top be a perfect opportunity for a restructuring of the team and franchise.
Old 10-23-2023, 11:14 AM   #108
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Wylie and Charles, 1 and 2 in pressures allowed in the league. Cosmi top ten as well. Three guys from the same oline in the top ten in pressures allowed. That is all time bad.
That is absolutely amazing in the most disgusting way possible.

No QB can succeed with both guards get their asses fucking kicked all day, every day. And Gates constantly gets demolished too, as we saw yesterday.

And there is definitely no way Howell can succeed as a young QB that struggles with getting the ball out quickly, even if we had the Chiefs line.

Here's our Charles, Gates, Cosmi pocket every pass play:

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 11:16 AM   #109
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

OL
LB
TE
QB (Maybe)
RB

Are all HUGE Needs
I think the backs we have are fine. They just need better blocking. Gibson has already gained 1,000 yards yet now he is barely in the game. The rotation of the backs is flat out stupid af. You drafted BR to be the guy. Give him the ball. 20 times. If they've soured on him then put in Rod and give him 20. This is why you don't draft RB's high. They can be found late. Throw Gibson the ball and put him out against a LB. It's just basic shit.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 11:21 AM   #110
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

We absolutely must spend 2 of our 1st 3 picks on the OL, and 3 of our 1st 5 (at a minimum). Use the other 2 for LB's. Then use the last 2 for some depth pieces. Even if Chase or Sweat leaves, we're going to keep 1, I think we can be OK there, especially if we keep Toohill.
Old 10-23-2023, 11:31 AM   #111
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
People in Pittsburgh think Tomlin & Canada suck and want them gone.

I’d take Tomlin in a heartbeat. Spoiled Steelers fans. Let’s trade them every head coach we’ve had for the last 30 years (save Gibbs) for Tomlin. We’d still come out ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2023, 11:37 AM   #112
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
Oh! This very well could be the worst staff in the league. I just used "bottom five" as a barometer. Unless the season miraculously turn around, this staff will be fired in December or right after the final game of the season. Take it to the bank!

Rivera and JDR will officially retire as I highly doubt anyone will hire them, and Bieneimy will end up as a positional coach somewhere. All remaining coaches and upper management from the Snyder "error" needs to hit the road after the season.

I think we'll be fine once the stench is outta the building.

What staff could be worse? Seriously, other than playing hard against a good Eagles team, we’ve been pretty dreadful and unprepared all season. The Bears and Cards - two talent depleted teams - are showing a lot more fight than we do.

Old 10-23-2023, 11:38 AM   #113
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
I’d take Tomlin in a heartbeat. Spoiled Steelers fans. Let’s trade them every head coach we’ve had for the last 30 years (save Gibbs) for Tomlin. We’d still come out ahead.

Give me Tomlin, with a new/fresh OC, with a smile on my face. Steelers be hogging their coaches forever though. He's gotta be due for a fresh start by now. Fucking Steelers fans, eating shrimp and lobster every year, pretending like its Top Ramen.
Old 10-23-2023, 11:39 AM   #114
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I would love to see a draft evaluation of RRs tenure. Other than his first year when we got Young, Gibson, Charles, Hudson and Curl has he had an above average draft at all? So far I feel the last 2 years of 1st and 2nd rounders have been non impact players. Dotson has had moments but my expectation is a first rounder = immediate impact player

Even that first year. Gibson is like in between a back and wr. Hard to really utilize the guy and he fumbles. Charles is garbage. Hudson is i don’t even know. Curl was a great late round steal that was most likely luck.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 11:43 AM   #115
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

We Effing Suck - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
the #1 priority is o-line. the defense is bad but they gave up 14 yesterday. i think w/ a better coach/scheme they can be middle of the pack. if we had martindale we could be a top 10 or 12 defense.

there is no hope for the offense when you have the guys we have. they need to go o-line in rounds 1 through 4 of the draft plus bring in 2 free agents.

with this staff they don't seem to start coaching until the 2nd h. it's fucking weird. it's like they have no sense of urgency at all. ny had their back up qb ( who outplayed our starter) and no practice squad players on the o-line and had 240 yards in the first h. how do you explain that? did the offense convert one first down all day? this is high school shit.

It is preparation. It is knowing and understanding your opponent before kickoff. It is, in a nutshell, coaching. It isn’t weird to me. Ron is a loser as a HC all these years for a reason. We see it week after week after year after year. Like someone said yesterday it is as if he is familiarizing himself with the other team based on what he sees after kickoff. It is absurd. So he is either A) not preparing at all, or B) just way off base with his game plan. And what makes it worse is the mother fucker has the nerve to preach focus and attention to details to his players!!!! Look in the fuckin mirror Ron!
Old 10-23-2023, 11:48 AM   #116
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ron was all mad about a call yesterday which I’m glad he actually showed life but dude you can’t be mad when your team sucks every week. Bad calls will happen but that’s not an excuse to shit the bed week in and out

Old 10-23-2023, 11:58 AM   #117
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Ron was all mad about a call yesterday which I’m glad he actually showed life but dude you can’t be mad when your team sucks every week. Bad calls will happen but that’s not an excuse to shit the bed week in and out

I was proud of him. That was his best work of the season. I didn't know gargoyles could move.
Old 10-23-2023, 12:05 PM   #118
davy
Impact Rookie

Here's a stat that seems to have been lost in the overall incompetence...

"Washington's defense has recorded 3 or more sacks in six out of seven games to start a season for the first time in franchise history."

Old 10-23-2023, 12:16 PM   #119
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

It was a crap call. I was at a bar with all Giants fans. They were all cracking up going yo check Ron out! Riverboats mad as hell!

It was funny. I guess it is common knowledge he is a statue.
Old 10-23-2023, 12:20 PM   #120
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post
Here's a stat that seems to have been lost in the overall incompetence...

"Washington's defense has recorded 3 or more sacks in six out of seven games to start a season for the first time in franchise history."

Yeah. Every bad team ever has something to hang their hat on. Unfortunately we gave up 34 and 40 in two of those studly defensive efforts and lost.