Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

The Washington Capitals Playoff Stretch Run Thread

Other Sports

Old 04-06-2008, 01:28 AM   #106
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Re: The Washington Capitals Playoff Stretch Run Thread

Folks just got home from the game, that three hour cruise felt like 15 minutes......YEA HA! How bout them SOUTHEAST CHAMPS!

We had VIP's to the Dewar 12 club at Verizon GREAT start to a awesome night! There was NO WAY this team was going to loss tonight PERIOD, to much heart and NO quit. This is a very dangerous team taking the #3 seed heading into the playoffs.

I have been to countless Caps games over the years....never made a game during the Cup run against Detroit though. But this was by far the best game I've ever been to, Verizon was electric....you knew from the moment they dropped the puck they where on a mission to win this game no ands, ifs or buts about it and NOBODY was going to ruin that mission.

I'm so proud of this Capitals team......it took me back to last season sitting in the stands at FedEx on the cold and rainy evening December 30 when our Skins had to WIN to get in OR need help. Which wasn't quite the case tonight, the Caps due or die status Win and in or break out the golf clubs....but close enough.

I'm jacked up about this years playoff birth and how hard they had to work to get in and for the future of the team which is very bright, (Don't know about this year...BUT) this team will no doubt finally hoist the Stanley Cup for the nations capital. Hockey is certainly back on the map in DC in a bigger way than ever before.

GO SOUTHEAST CHAMPS, GREAT TEAM EFFORT! I'll try to post some pics tomorrow from the game.

http://capitals.nhl.com/index.html
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-06-2008, 03:26 AM   #107
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

You got to see the game live, niiiice. I was watching it and man they are going to be the hottest team entering the playoffs. Great game tonight by the guys around Ovie to step up, I can't wait to see what we do in the playoffs. I'll be rooting for Pittsburgh tomorrow though just because if we get the Senators in the first round it shouldn't be that hard for us to move on.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #108
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

The stage is set. The Caps to battle against the flyers in round one of finals.

ESPN - NHL Hockey Playoff Matchups - National Hockey League
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote