Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Talking Trade with Raiders?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Redskins Talking Trade with Raiders?

Going into preseason again talking about Right Tackle play and question marks makes me wonder why we didnt draft a Tackle in the 3rd round? We coulda still drafted Compton and Gettis, but seemed RT was more of a priority than McRib at C.

This one is on Shanny if we going into the season with JB injured.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

So 1. Allen is now saying there are no trade talks at all. 2. I inquired, and there was a conversation but it did not involve any significant players. Just some minor players and late draft picks being tossed around as part of everyday conversation between GMs.

A "totally inconsequential" conversation is what I've been told
Old 07-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #3
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So 1. Allen is now saying there are no trade talks at all. 2. I inquired, and there was a conversation but it did not involve any significant players. Just some minor players and late draft picks being tossed around as part of everyday conversation between GMs.

So did Matty meet your contract demands? This mean the lockout is over and Smootsmack information camp can begin?
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:53 AM   #4
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
So did Matty meet your contract demands? This mean the lockout is over and Smootsmack information camp can begin?
No, I'm still pondering retirement.

I did pretty lazy inquiring, didn't cross-check or press the issue or anything. I would say that almost all significant discussions begin as inconsequential (and then build up).

And who really knows how truthful Bruce is being

I do know we came close, verrrrrrrry close, to flat out releasing Cooley over the weekend. To give him a fair shot elsewhere. So with this trade rumor, I thought well maybe they found a willing partner.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:

I did pretty lazy inquiring, didn't cross-check or press the issue or anything. I would say that almost all significant discussions begin as inconsequential (and then build up).

I do know we came close, verrrrrrrry close, to flat out releasing Cooley over the weekend. To give him a fair shot elsewhere. So with this trade rumor, I thought well maybe they found a willing partner.
do they really have that much faith in davis staying on the feild and niles paul being able to contribute at tight end? maybe it's just my homer glasses fogging up, but to me that just sounds like a terrible idea. we all know how close fred is to a year vacation and niles paul has played as much at tight end in the nfl as griffin has played qb.

whats up with paulsen? haven't heard his name at all this year

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
mbedner3420
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
do they really have that much faith in davis staying on the feild and niles paul being able to contribute at tight end? maybe it's just my homer glasses fogging up, but to me that just sounds like a terrible idea. we all know how close fred is to a year vacation and niles paul has played as much at tight end in the nfl as griffin has played qb.

whats up with paulsen? haven't heard his name at all this year
Ive heard beau reliford's name come quite a bit recently. Maybe he could turn into a strong pass catching TE for us.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Not surprised by this considering all off-season the ES crew has been talking about Cooley being gone either this year or next. My guess is that he'll be hard to trade with that type of price tag on him so releasing him may be the only option. This enforces my belief in getting whatever we can for him while we still can.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 07-31-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:

The Wallace rumor seems ridiculous, but looking at Cooley's cap hit to us as well as Wallace holding out and refusal to accept anything but elite pay...they may want to just dump him for a player that will actually be a team player, or even on the field. They'll need a trade partner with a big-cap player, like Cooley.

I don't think there's a chance of the Steelers completing this stupid of a trade with us, but the numbers could work, so it's not impossible. Just 99% unlikely.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:42 AM   #9
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Definitely appreciate the inside scoop on this one...yoda man smootsmack
Old 07-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #10
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Thanks ss
Old 07-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #11
steveherrin
Camp Scrub

So it sounds like we're trading for John Beck again?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
steveherrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:39 AM   #12
SkinsHulk
Camp Scrub

Bring back Chewbaca, the former Terp
SkinsHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #13
InsaneBoost
The Starter

Heard Wallace isn't going to leave Pittsburgh (whether that be because they'll sign him or bench him IDK), but maybe SS has something more?

InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #14
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
Heard Wallace isn't going to leave Pittsburgh (whether that be because they'll sign him or bench him IDK), but maybe SS has something more?
Without a doubt they aren't going to sign Wallace long term after they handed Brown that contract. They are at the cap if I'm correct so that eliminates any chance of this signing happening. Even if he was in camp, I doubt they would have extended him.

All one needs to do is look back when Santonio Holmes was in Pittsburgh and was a Super Bowl hero. Instead of signing this guy long term, they shipped him off for a 5th round pick to the Jets. People scratched their heads at the move, but now we see exactly why they made that move. They didn't want to pay a moron and cancer big money so shipping him off for draft pick is the next best thing. It makes you wonder about why the Steelers aren't willing to sign Wallace to a contract. Maybe it is the 11mil/year he wants, or maybe he's a knucklehead they don't want to give that type of coin to?

Personally, no way do I think Wallace is worth a Vincent Jackson type contract. Hell, I don't even think Vincent Jackson was worth that type of contract either. No way the Skins would be remotely interested if he's looking for a VJ type contract. If we weren't willing to pay VJ that, than I seriously doubt we would pay Wallace that.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #15
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Releasing Cooley now as opposed to the off-season, when we could have used his cap space to acquire talent on the market at positions of need, sounds almost bizarre.