Secondary a Primary Concern

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #106
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Secondary a Primary Concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Wilson hands down is out best corner. As for DHall? I just want the guy to play ball. Quit starting shit on the field cause you can't back it up w/ your play. He can't tackle or cover but he's got great ball skills. I think DHall would've been a great wr. He never even should have tried to be a DB. But the coaches need to help him out and not leave him one on one with guys like Dez Bryant.
I honestly don't think any of our guys can cover the likes of Bryant, Marshall, or any top WR one-on-one in key situations. You can do that when you have a shut down corner like Nnamdi (when he was in Oakland) or Revis. When you have guys like that, you can send the house on a blitz and leave your shutdown corner one-on-one covering the WR. You really can't do that in key situations with our mediocre secondary.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #107
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I honestly don't think any of our guys can cover the likes of Bryant, Marshall, or any top WR one-on-one in key situations. You can do that when you have a shut down corner like Nnamdi (when he was in Oakland) or Revis. When you have guys like that, you can send the house on a blitz and leave your shutdown corner one-on-one covering the WR. You really can't do that in key situations with our mediocre secondary.
They cant. Look at recent history. Only way they can cover number ones is if the front 7 puts so much pressure on the qb that he cant get em the ball. Anytime i see an opposing qb with alot of time i hold a pillow in front of my face like im watching a damn horror movie. Rome wasnt built in a day though. I keep hearing bob barker say " redskin d- backs , come on down - your the next contestant on the time to get gone!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #108
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
They cant. Look at recent history. Only way they can cover number ones is if the front 7 puts so much pressure on the qb that he cant get em the ball. Anytime i see an opposing qb with alot of time i hold a pillow in front of my face like im watching a damn horror movie. Rome wasnt built in a day though. I keep hearing bob barker say " redskin d- backs , come on down - your the next contestant on the time to get gone!
Everytime I see Haslett send a jailhouse break blitz, I am always prepared to see a long completion or even a TD.
R.I.P. #21
Old 08-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #109
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Everytime I see Haslett send a jailhouse break blitz, I am always prepared to see a long completion or even a TD.
Hmmmm. That reminds me of - wait for it - the dallas game!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #110
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Same here. Trouble is if you don't get pressure on the QB just by rushing 4, then you give the opposing QB and WRs plenty of time to get open against our bum secondary. Orakpo and Kerrigan are so key for us. If they can get pressure without having to send the house, then the LBs can drop into a zone and take away the underneath outlets, while the QB won't have time to go deep over our bum secondary.

But if we have to send the house to get pressure, we're in trouble. It's all up to Orakpo and Kerrigan (and the D Line) to hide the secondary problems.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #111
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Same here. Trouble is if you don't get pressure on the QB just by rushing 4, then you give the opposing QB and WRs plenty of time to get open against our bum secondary. Orakpo and Kerrigan are so key for us. If they can get pressure without having to send the house, then the LBs can drop into a zone and take away the underneath outlets, while the QB won't have time to go deep over our bum secondary.

But if we have to send the house to get pressure, we're in trouble. It's all up to Orakpo and Kerrigan (and the D Line) to hide the secondary problems.
Bingo. Great post dude. Our dynamic duo will be better this year than last!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #112
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

I decided to check out this thread cause theres 3 threads with "Redskins" and "10" already created.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #113
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I decided to check out this thread cause theres 3 threads with "Redskins" and "10" already created.
...and?
Old 08-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #114
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

That's what I said earlier about the Giants and their ability to overcome a poor secondary. They were able to generate a rush with their front-four and not expose the secondary.
R.I.P. #21
Old 08-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #115
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Its gonna take more than Rak and Kerrigan. We are gonna need inside push and would like to see Wilson or Jackson in the "rush" rotation as well, keeping Rak and Kerrigan fresh.

I think are safety coverage will be much better than last years.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #116
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
That's what I said earlier about the Giants and their ability to overcome a poor secondary. They were able to generate a rush with their front-four and not expose the secondary.
Rolle and phillips are miles above our safeties to be fair.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #117
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Rolle and phillips are miles above our safeties to be fair.
ummm no. Rolle certainly is not. Phillips played decent after shaking the injury bug. I wouldnt say miles, perhaps the closer mesurement would be feet.

He Gets Us
Old 08-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #118
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
ummm no. Rolle certainly is not. Phillips played decent after shaking the injury bug. I wouldnt say miles, perhaps the closer mesurement would be feet.
I am a little biased cus im a miami grad but i hate the gints with a passion. Rolle had 96 tackles last year and was a huge part of the run they made. Who is he only feet better than on our team ? Jackson - doughty - or merriweather? Come on man. Id give up our entire lot for those two in a heartbeat. I stand by my statement.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #119
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Merriweather, Jackson, Williams I think coverage-wise potential to be just a strong or stronger. Up on run support, i give rolle and phillips a potentially overwhelming edge. They are certainly a better combo, but in the context, we may slightly below average to average play, the giants safety play is probably average to slightly above average. They are nothing spectaculer at this point, largely based on can Phillips take that next step? If he does, then its a different convo.

He Gets Us
Old 08-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #120
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Merriweather, Jackson, Williams I think coverage-wise potential to be just a strong or stronger. Up on run support, i give rolle and phillips a potentially overwhelming edge. They are certainly a better combo, but in the context, we may slightly below average to average play, the giants safety play is probably average to slightly above average. They are nothing spectaculer at this point, largely based on can Phillips take that next step? If he does, then its a different convo.
Fair enough. At this point we have seen the giants duo step up. Our guys are a complete question mark because they are all new to the team. With every ounce of my being i hope you will be giving me a big fat i told you so later on. Lol.