Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-27-2020, 01:27 PM   #106
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
The Titans have 4 solid TE’s on their roster. I would enquire about a trade to get Delaney Walker (currently on IR) when healthy he’s a beast. 6’0 240lbs.
Walker and Vernon Davis are the same age, in fact they were both drafted by the 49ers in the same year. Why trade for an old player that won't be around much longer?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-27-2020, 01:32 PM   #107
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I think the Redskins will be targeting a WR in the third round (very deep WR class this draft) to compete with Harmon for the WR #2 spot OR the best OT or C available.
I noticed you and few other people want Redskins to find a #2 WR to compete or replace (few people said that, not you) Harmon. To be honest, I don't really understand this. Yes, we should always seek to improve every position whenever we have a chance, either through free agency and draft. However, some people seems to think that Harmon haven't done enough to show that he is #2 WR. Granted, he did not light it up like McLaurin did but McLaurin is an outlier and I believe Harmon showed enough to be #2 WR this year. If we have an opportunity to draft a WR or sign a WR on prove-it deal to compete, go for it but I think we should use our top picks for other priorities such as Oline, TE, CB (if we don't sign a #2 CB through FA), LB and FS.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 02:19 PM   #108
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I noticed you and few other people want Redskins to find a #2 WR to compete or replace (few people said that, not you) Harmon. To be honest, I don't really understand this. Yes, we should always seek to improve every position whenever we have a chance, either through free agency and draft. However, some people seems to think that Harmon haven't done enough to show that he is #2 WR. Granted, he did not light it up like McLaurin did but McLaurin is an outlier and I believe Harmon showed enough to be #2 WR this year. If we have an opportunity to draft a WR or sign a WR on prove-it deal to compete, go for it but I think we should use our top picks for other priorities such as Oline, TE, CB (if we don't sign a #2 CB through FA), LB and FS.
Harmon hasn't shown the consistency to separate with his lack of speed even when he runs good routes. He is still learning and I really like him...BUT...you really should try to look to improve with a more effective weapon. Im 100% do not like the Current FA options. Emanuel Sanders is the only one where I would at least think about on a Short term, big money deal, because he can do everything.

I think now the most interesting Position going into the offseason will be the Linebackers in the 4-3 especially now with Ruben Foster being a YUUUGE question mark. Will we tap free agency with a Vet? Does Ron like Cole and Anderson potential? Can SDH possibly step into MLB and play well? When can R. Foster even get on the field...is he really a MLB Ron wants?

Linebackers are blowing my mind...its a puzzle which could make/break this defense potential. Linebackers become more important in a 4-3

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 01-27-2020 at 09:33 PM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:16 PM   #109
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Byron Jones should be #1 on our list followed by Hooper.

Jones is a legit shut down Corner and with Dunbar on the other side we would have one of the best duo's in the league at arguably the most valuable position on defense
He’s going to cost $$$. I rather look at Kendall Fuller and move Moreland out of the slot.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:29 PM   #110
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fuller isn't very good, has had 1 good year
Old 01-27-2020, 09:49 PM   #111
Warthog
The Starter

Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Kendall Fuller will be cheap and will be worth it. They changed his position after the trade and he went downhill. Bring him back here and to CB and his mojo will return.

Harmon may be our #2 WR for the long haul but he’s not there yet. The #2 WR’s got to be as much of a threat as McLaurin, so the defenses just don’t just load up on him (McLaurin). I give us a 50% chance of drafting a WR #2 with our third round pick. The WR class in this 2020 draft is very deep. It’s too bad we don’t have a second round pick but with a third rounder we can still get a strong rookie to challenge Harmon. Steve Sims is a lock for the slot WR.

So I think the team will either go for a FA at WR #2 or a high draft pick. It’s either or. I think the big money in FA will be spent on TE because we have nothing there now. If the team can’t get a good FA or draft pick to compete with Harmon, he’s still decent and may improve this season. But at TE we need an instant and immediate upgrade, which we can only do in FA. The TE FA options are thin. Henry or Hooper will be very expensive but absolutely needed. Then draft a low pick at TE and hope he can grow as our second TE.

The other big $$ in FA will be spent on the OL. The only decent player who is locked into a contract this season on the OL is Martin. Scherff, Trent Williams, Flowers could all go elsewhere. Moses had a terrible season in terms of his play and many highly destructive penalties. He needs to be replaced. So, one way or the other the Redskins are going to have to spend money on the OL. We don’t have enough draft picks to fix the many OL holes. We’ll be lucky to get one or two starters from the draft /UDFA but you can’t really count on that. Haskins needs a steady OL to succeed. That can only come by either paying Flowers, Scherff and TW or other OL FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 01-27-2020 at 10:05 PM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:22 AM   #112
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Harmon hasn't shown the consistency to separate with his lack of speed even when he runs good routes. He is still learning and I really like him...BUT...you really should try to look to improve with a more effective weapon. Im 100% do not like the Current FA options. Emanuel Sanders is the only one where I would at least think about on a Short term, big money deal, because he can do everything.

I think now the most interesting Position going into the offseason will be the Linebackers in the 4-3 especially now with Ruben Foster being a YUUUGE question mark. Will we tap free agency with a Vet? Does Ron like Cole and Anderson potential? Can SDH possibly step into MLB and play well? When can R. Foster even get on the field...is he really a MLB Ron wants?

Linebackers are blowing my mind...its a puzzle which could make/break this defense potential. Linebackers become more important in a 4-3
Maybe I didn't see what you and few others saw.. I would be fine if we start the season with Harmon as #2.

Agree about the LB part, it will be interesting to see what Redskins do.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:30 AM   #113
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Maybe I didn't see what you and few others saw.. I would be fine if we start the season with Harmon as #2.

Agree about the LB part, it will be interesting to see what Redskins do.
When I look at receivers group I see we need improvement, but like our prospects. I would like to add WR in the draft.

He Gets Us
Old 01-28-2020, 08:31 AM   #114
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah...he's kinda fallen off. I don't know if Jones is a shutdown...I like him a solid starting CB, but I wouldn't go crazy money for him.

He Gets Us
Old 01-28-2020, 02:10 PM   #115
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah...he's kinda fallen off. I don't know if Jones is a shutdown...I like him a solid starting CB, but I wouldn't go crazy money for him.
I wonder what Rivera thinks of James Bradberry at CB? Had him in Carolina.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:17 PM   #116
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
He’s going to cost $$$. I rather look at Kendall Fuller and move Moreland out of the slot.
still going to need another body or two at corner. moreau sucks, norman sucks worse and dunbar is injury prone. you always have a couple guys on your team that are overpaid and maybe you overpay jones cause we're desperate.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:14 PM   #117
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
The one season he actually played slot like he should he played outstanding, then he went to KC and they changed his position.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:33 PM   #118
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
The one season he actually played slot like he should he played outstanding, then he went to KC and they changed his position.
That's right. He played great as a slot corner for us, IMO. I'd love to have him back. I think he could lock down that position for us. Of course, the $$$ need to be right.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:59 PM   #119
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
That's right. He played great as a slot corner for us, IMO. I'd love to have him back. I think he could lock down that position for us. Of course, the $$$ need to be right.

I don’t think Fuller will be that much $$. That’s why he might be a bargain. He’s only had ONE really good year. The Chiefs won’t be able to keep all their FA after getting this far into the playoffs. Fuller might be worth the risk if he’s not expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:14 PM   #120
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
I wonder what Rivera thinks of James Bradberry at CB? Had him in Carolina.
I’ve heard he’s pretty average guy. I wouldn’t pay him some big contract...Dunbar is a much better CB

He Gets Us